The Student Room Group

Work experience during school hours

Hi! I'm just looking for a bit of advice.

On a Friday every 2 weeks at sixth form, I have 4 hours of frees and only 1 hour of lessons.
I have no work experience currently but am planning on going to university to study languages and then become a secondary school teacher, and I'd like to get some form of even slightly relevant work experience.

Do you think it's worth considering doing 2 hours of work experience at the local primary school as a teaching assistant every friday in which I have this many frees? This still gives me 2 hours of frees and my lesson, which is more than enough.

If so, how would I go about asking the sixth form staff, and also about asking the staff at the primary school?
Original post by BEARichards
Hi! I'm just looking for a bit of advice.

On a Friday every 2 weeks at sixth form, I have 4 hours of frees and only 1 hour of lessons.
I have no work experience currently but am planning on going to university to study languages and then become a secondary school teacher, and I'd like to get some form of even slightly relevant work experience.

Do you think it's worth considering doing 2 hours of work experience at the local primary school as a teaching assistant every friday in which I have this many frees? This still gives me 2 hours of frees and my lesson, which is more than enough.

If so, how would I go about asking the sixth form staff, and also about asking the staff at the primary school?

Id definitely do it. Any experience is better than no experience.
In terms of asking the primary school, either go in ans speak to the people on reception to see who you have to sort it out with or email them. Or you could send a letter in the post as well.
In terms of your school, speak to the head of 6th form or your form tutor to check its ok to leave and do work experience on those afternoons. It should be ok seeing as you dont have any lessons and you are doing something productive, but its best to check and let them know why you wont be there during those afternoons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending