The Student Room Group

is anyone else still feeling burnt out from gcses?

i was revising on average around 6 hours daily during gcses for quite literally months so i thought the 2.5 month break in between would be enough to recuperate, but its been a half term of a-levels and im still feeling so exhausted and ive had zero motivation for school work or revision or anything. im usually so productive and can easily do hours and hours of work at a time but ive just been feeling so unbelievably lazy that i havent been getting anything done. i told myself id make some revision resources during this 2 week break but ive done absolutely nothing, not even something small like a quizlet. i feel ridiculous for still being tired after literally 3 months post gcses and im desperate to be able to get back into the groove of things and go back to how i was during exams. is anyone else still unmotivated or am i just being dramatic?
Original post by dontspellicup
i was revising on average around 6 hours daily during gcses for quite literally months so i thought the 2.5 month break in between would be enough to recuperate, but its been a half term of a-levels and im still feeling so exhausted and ive had zero motivation for school work or revision or anything. im usually so productive and can easily do hours and hours of work at a time but ive just been feeling so unbelievably lazy that i havent been getting anything done. i told myself id make some revision resources during this 2 week break but ive done absolutely nothing, not even something small like a quizlet. i feel ridiculous for still being tired after literally 3 months post gcses and im desperate to be able to get back into the groove of things and go back to how i was during exams. is anyone else still unmotivated or am i just being dramatic?

Hi @dontspellicup,

First of all, you are not being dramatic at all, burnout is something almost every individual experiences in their education at one point or another. It looks different for everyone and recovering from burnout also looks different for everyone.

The first thing I would say is try not to put pressure on bouncing back, which is of course easier said than done.

I do understand that you want to be productive again but it might look a bit different e.g. measuring productivity in terms of tasks rather than hours might help. On top of this, doing a little but often rather than long hours consistently might help while you're recovering from burnout but still have work to do.

Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do that you stopped doing? or are there things you want to try? Doing activities around school and studying might help with having something fun to do in the day/something to look forward to doing.

Finally, if things are feeling a lot to take on yourself I would encourage you to reach out to your school for support or services like SHOUT.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 2
no way Ali A just replied to TSR abt A levels
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @dontspellicup,

First of all, you are not being dramatic at all, burnout is something almost every individual experiences in their education at one point or another. It looks different for everyone and recovering from burnout also looks different for everyone.

The first thing I would say is try not to put pressure on bouncing back, which is of course easier said than done.

I do understand that you want to be productive again but it might look a bit different e.g. measuring productivity in terms of tasks rather than hours might help. On top of this, doing a little but often rather than long hours consistently might help while you're recovering from burnout but still have work to do.

Do you have any hobbies or things you like to do that you stopped doing? or are there things you want to try? Doing activities around school and studying might help with having something fun to do in the day/something to look forward to doing.

Finally, if things are feeling a lot to take on yourself I would encourage you to reach out to your school for support or services like SHOUT.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best. :smile:

Alia
Reply 3
who’s alia😭

Original post by ZBaba01
Original post by ZBaba01

Hi @ZBaba01,

Unfortunately, I am not the famous YouTuber! I simply just a student from the University of Kent.

I would be happy to talk more about university life or answer any questions but I am not very good at gaming like Ali-A the YouTuber I'm afraid! :biggrin:

I hope you are doing well! :smile:

Alia
Original post by dontspellicup
who’s alia😭

Hi @dontspellicup,

Ali A is a famous YouTuber who games (as far as I know). People usually see my name and assume I am him but I can assure you I am just a student who studies Psychology at Kent university.

I hope you are doing well since the original post. I would be happy to answer any other questions or talk more about using your hobbies to recover from burnout.

Alia

Quick Reply

Latest