The Student Room Group

A-Level & Further Maths Question

I'm a mature student who will be starting A-Level maths next year through self-study. How much time do spend on maths during class each week if I may ask (apart from your own efforts to study the subject). I need something to gauge the amount of time I put into it.

Also on Further Maths, does anyone know of any textbooks for it? I only seem to find FP1 & FP2 etc from Edexcel but it appears CIE does not have any endorsed book for a subject it offers. I'm a foreign student in a foreign country so CIE and *perhaps* edexcel are the only examination boards available to me. Could I perhaps use the Edexcel books to study for the CIE exam?
Reply 1
Original post by UlrichZA
I'm a mature student who will be starting A-Level maths next year through self-study. How much time do spend on maths during class each week if I may ask (apart from your own efforts to study the subject). I need something to gauge the amount of time I put into it.

Also on Further Maths, does anyone know of any textbooks for it? I only seem to find FP1 & FP2 etc from Edexcel but it appears CIE does not have any endorsed book for a subject it offers. I'm a foreign student in a foreign country so CIE and *perhaps* edexcel are the only examination boards available to me. Could I perhaps use the Edexcel books to study for the CIE exam?

The syllabus here http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/uppersec/alevel/subject/?assdef_id=755 has endorsed books and guidance on teaching hours.
I did FM Alevel in one year and now I think I would get an A or B! Maths is the easiest A-level, so far as you study!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest