The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Today, £30, tomorrow who knows.
hahaaha...I know !! Over £1 a litre now ... Its ridiculous !!!
Reply 3
I think it's a 30 litre tank (my brother has one) so 30 x whatever your local garage is charging.
Reply 4
Was just over £20 (maybe £25) this time last year, although that's pretty irrelevant now, when you can't get unleaded here for much under £1.04!!
Reply 5
with my ka, from about just about empty, it was £30 to fill the entire tank.

just keep filling the tank up until the failsafe stopper on the pump won't let you put anymore in.
£30ish depending where i go
Reply 7
I thought it was a 40litre tank? But yeah, £30-£35 seems about right from memory.
Reply 8
My KA took about £34 worth and that was when petrol was like 98p.
Reply 9
Sounds like it is 40 litres then!
Reply 10
Wikipedia
Standard 45-litre tank with Kevlar composite moulded guard

Thank you Wiki!
Reply 11
Mine is around £34-35 if I've run it right down low.
Reply 12
Mine sometimes does this really annoying thing where it clicks off before it's properly full, but won't let you put more in. Where I live it's about £28 to fill it up.
Reply 13
I use supermarket petrol stations and in the last week it cost £37 for a full tank for me. When I first passed 5 years ago it was £25 for a full tank!
Reply 14
*Joanna*
Mine sometimes does this really annoying thing where it clicks off before it's properly full, but won't let you put more in.

Same for mine!
Reply 15
CurlyBen
I think it's a 30 litre tank (my brother has one) so 30 x whatever your local garage is charging.

bearing in mind you are unlikely to be filling it up everytime the car has ran out of petrol. most people fill it up before.
Reply 16
Stubo
bearing in mind you are unlikely to be filling it up everytime the car has ran out of petrol. most people fill it up before.

The question was how much is a full tank in a Ka.
Reply 17
still is. but it seems to be that people are not talking here about completely emptying the tank then filling it up, they seem to be talking about theyre weekly fills etc.
Reply 18
Stubo
still is. but it seems to be that people are not talking here about completely emptying the tank then filling it up, they seem to be talking about theyre weekly fills etc.

I know. But if I put in £5 a week it's not filling the tank and it's not answering the question. The answer is 45 x the price you're paying for petrol.
Reply 19
Stubo

I think most of us are. I obviously don't empty my tank until the car physically runs out and dies, but I only ever fill up when it's got down nearly to the red (or into it, depending where I am and how near the cheaper petrol stations are!) I find it easier to keep track of mileage and expenditure that way than putting in £5 or £10 every so often.

Latest

Trending

Trending