The Student Room Group
Some do, some don't. If your in business class or above, then most likely they do.
Yes, I've not been in an airport without wireless.
Reply 2
If its a major airport then yes, it will have wireless. Not 100% sure about planes though. Would guess not.
Reply 3
None of the ones I've been on have had wireless, but I've only flown on the cheap airlines.
Reply 4
ohh thankyou!
Reply 5
Most of the airports do but for some you may have to pay if they are greedy people. lol I know of a few who do that too you when if u're staying in the main lounge bur for first or business its usually free.

On the plane i've never tried so not too sure about that. i dont think unless its through their system and devices i dont think you can get on it with ut laptop because they always say please turn off so and so on ur laptop.
Reply 6
Wireless on planes is on trial by various different carriers but it's not overly widespread and I doubt it'll be free for passengers. Do you really need to be on the internet all the time, though? I know I spend a lot of time online but I'm sure it's possible to stay offline for a few hours.
Reply 7
Most wireless services on aircraft have ended when Boeing canned their "Connexions" service, which was essentially Wifi on board. We might see it returning as airlines are beginning to roll out the ability to use mobiles on board (the plane has its own low-power cell).

As for airports, pretty much all of the big UK airports have wireless, but I doubt it'll come cheap :p:
Reply 8
In the airport you have to pay, I tried connecting and when to some Heathrow Airport wireless connection website, I needed login details for my account at home but they didn't have my internet provider on the list.
Reply 9
Nikuhiru
Wireless on planes is on trial by various different carriers but it's not overly widespread and I doubt it'll be free for passengers. Do you really need to be on the internet all the time, though? I know I spend a lot of time online but I'm sure it's possible to stay offline for a few hours.

On a long flight it would sure help kill the time.
Reply 10
NW8_SW1_EC3
On a long flight it would sure help kill the time.

True, but I've always found alcohol helps greatly on long flights :biggrin:. Having said that, a lot of people have MP3 players or portable video players so they can watch something that they want to. Plus a lot of long haul flights now have on demand entertainment systems thus giving you a much larger amount of movies to watch plus you can control it. It's like having Sky+ up in the air. Air travel is improving but I think there are definitely things to do on long haul flights before you really need the internet! I mean what did we even used to do before we had wifi that easily available or more advanced entertainment systems?!
Nikuhiru
True, but I've always found alcohol helps greatly on long flights :biggrin:. Having said that, a lot of people have MP3 players or portable video players so they can watch something that they want to. Plus a lot of long haul flights now have on demand entertainment systems thus giving you a much larger amount of movies to watch plus you can control it. It's like having Sky+ up in the air. Air travel is improving but I think there are definitely things to do on long haul flights before you really need the internet! I mean what did we even used to do before we had wifi that easily available or more advanced entertainment systems?!

I recently went on holiday, it was an 8 hour flight, the inflight entertainment was pretty good, watched a few movies, played poker againist other people on the plan via the system but I was still craving the internet! As for Alcohol, I always take the one free alcoholic drink but as it was an American airline flying to New York they impose the US laws on drinking, and I'm 19. :mad:
Reply 12
If you have wires long enough, you could use them! :biggrin:
Everytime i have been on a plane they have had internet in the plane and in the lounges.....
This has been the norm i believe for 3 -4 years now ..

Latest

Trending

Trending