The Student Room Group

5 hour journey...any ideas

I'm going on a business trip with my colleagues. Unfortunately we won't be sitting together on the plane.

The trip will take around 5hrs, any ideas of what I can do to wait out the time?

It's been a while since I've been on a long journey like this
(edited 5 months ago)
Personally I’d just sleep. Or download a load of games which don’t require a stable internet connection or preferably, not one at all.
Original post by Quady
What on earth motivated you to create an account on The Student Room for this...?

Or have you already asked on flyertalk...?

Watch the films. Have the business class food and drink.

... I thought I was the only one who couldn't get a date for 5 minutes on a plane!
Reply 3
Original post by Quady
What on earth motivated you to create an account on The Student Room for this...?

Or have you already asked on flyertalk...?

Watch the films. Have the business class food and drink. Masterbate in the loo.

I didn't say I was flying business class and no I didn't ask flyertalk
Reply 4
Original post by Scienceisgood
Personally I’d just sleep. Or download a load of games which don’t require a stable internet connection or preferably, not one at all.

You're unlikely to get any form of internet on a plane -- and even if you can, it's going to be expensive.
Reply 5
Original post by Autumn2001
I didn't say I was flying business class and no I didn't ask flyertalk

Oh. You should look to upgrade for a flight of that length. Comfier on-board but its good to start in the lounge rather than with the masses. Does your destination have an arrivals lounge?
(unless you meant you're in first in which case ignore the above).

Flyertalk is good for this sort of thing.
Original post by martin7
You're unlikely to get any form of internet on a plane -- and even if you can, it's going to be expensive.

Download before getting on. I took a flight back in March and downloaded 4/5 games before getting on just to play.

I know I had the option to pay for some internet usage but didn’t agree with the price… 😐
Reply 7
Original post by Autumn2001
I'm going on a business trip with my colleagues. Unfortunately we won't be sitting together on the plane.

The trip will take around 5hrs, any ideas of what I can do to wait out the time?

It's been a while since I've been on a long journey like this

If you get the app for Netflix and Disney+, you can download movies or shows before hand. Then you can watch them on your journey offline without an internet connection

Quick Reply

Latest