The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, so how does results day work? I'm international, so from what I understand from skimming the thread, Track won't update right away and definitely not on the 5th, so how will I know my decision? Will they email it right away? Because I ticked 'do not want to receive information by post' on UCAS, also by post I obviously wouldn't receive it on the 5th, it would take longer.
So yeah basically how will I know my decision as soon as possible lol?
Reply 3421
Original post by connorbrown
I suffered from cantbeasseditis through my A2 year... Printed off a list of ten motivational quotes which took me about 2 hours to find, stuck them above my desk and that was the last bit of procrastinating that took place before my exams!

What were they? I could do with something to combat my incredible ability to procrastinate :smile:
Reply 3422
Original post by saks10111
Hi, so how does results day work? I'm international, so from what I understand from skimming the thread, Track won't update right away and definitely not on the 5th, so how will I know my decision? Will they email it right away? Because I ticked 'do not want to receive information by post' on UCAS, also by post I obviously wouldn't receive it on the 5th, it would take longer.
So yeah basically how will I know my decision as soon as possible lol?

Cambridge E-mail you, to my knowledge. However, I suppose it depends on college, some may E-mail you automagically whereas others may expect you to request an E-mail. I'd just wait if I were you and if you don't get an E-mail on the 5th, request one. :smile:
Reply 3423
Original post by Lyam
Isn't all rep virtual? I'm bitter because you mentioned chocolate and then I went and ate some more.

I'm sorry :frown: if it's any consolation, I feel obliged to go and eat more now..:tongue:
Reply 3424
Original post by blackpot
What were they? I could do with something to combat my incredible ability to procrastinate :smile:

I know how you feel. I contemplated googling them when I saw that but I thought no, MUST PROCRASTINATE SOME MORE. So instead I finished reading P.S I love you and watched Dr. Who :biggrin:
Original post by Lorypop
I tried to rep this but think I repped you recently so it doesn't like it - so have virtual rep instead? :tongue:

I think I ate my own weight in chocolate today to take my mind off impending doom, January exams and my driving test (why I picked to put it the week after impending doom I have no idea :s-smilie:)

Thanks for the virtual rep :biggrin:

That is alot to take in for one month! Good luck with your driving test! :biggrin: We just need to hope that everything is fine. :biggrin:
I think my father has officially gone round the bend :biggrin:
Just told him that I was rejected by Cambridge to see how he'd react and he hasn't stopped laughing for the past five minutes :tongue: Although to be fair he was never going to be angry with me... my mother is going to have a very different reaction though XD
Original post by Lyam
Cambridge E-mail you, to my knowledge. However, I suppose it depends on college, some may E-mail you automagically whereas others may expect you to request an E-mail. I'd just wait if I were you and if you don't get an E-mail on the 5th, request one. :smile:

Thanks so much! I hope I don't have to request an email, I couldn't bear to wait any longer than the 5th! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Jing_jing
my mother is going to have a very different reaction though XD

Makes sure you hide all whips, sticks, sharp objects, shurikens etc. etc. before you tell her :p:

Hopefully it won't come to that
Reply 3429
Playing Fable 3 - Stephen Fry is in it :biggrin:
Original post by Oxmatt
x

Wow, impressive quote about life! It gave me one of those "Ahh, that's what it is!" moments :lol:
Original post by ukdragon37
Makes sure you hide all whips, sticks, sharp objects, shurikens etc. etc. before you tell her :p:

Hopefully it won't come to that

We actually do have shurikens in the house :tongue:
Yeah well, hopefully I'll catch her on a good day... or have already sorted out somewhere to flee from, somewhere mother proof xD

Eh, I think I really am not made out for maths at Cambridge, Dad and I have spent 2 hours trying to do ONE FP2 question... he's still not figured it out, I gave up about an hour ago :biggrin:
Reply 3432
Original post by kayla:)
I know how you feel. I contemplated googling them when I saw that but I thought no, MUST PROCRASTINATE SOME MORE. So instead I finished reading P.S I love you and watched Dr. Who :biggrin:

Ah I loved Dr Who!! Bring on Series 6!
Reply 3433
Original post by kayla:)

Ahhhh Dr. Who! What did you think? I really liked it, was quite surprised I did. Thought it was quite heavy on the drama for a Christmas special though!

Original post by cpdavis
Thanks for the virtual rep :biggrin:

That is alot to take in for one month! Good luck with your driving test! :biggrin: We just need to hope that everything is fine. :biggrin:

You're welcome :biggrin:
Haha thanks. Considering I almost drove my instructor's car into oncoming traffic today i'm not all that hopeful, but it's taking my mind off everything else! :tongue:. Did you have a good evening full of procrastination?
We actually do have shurikens in the house :tongue:
Yeah well, hopefully I'll catch her on a good day... or have already sorted out somewhere to flee from, somewhere mother proof xD

Eh, I think I really am not made out for maths at Cambridge, Dad and I have spent 2 hours trying to do ONE FP2 question... he's still not figured it out, I gave up about an hour ago :biggrin:

I find that Wolfram Alpha or the TSR maths forum are the answers to pretty much any maths-related woes :thumbsup:
Reply 3435
Original post by Felix101
Hah, reaaal tactful. Apparently you can buy tact in Jerusalem. It comes in little green packets with gold lettering. True story. I agree though, not particularly looking forward to the prospect of going there myself. Well because it's expensive, you end up living all over the place, and I've only ever lived in Cambridge so I'm not sure if big cities are really my thang.

:rant: Terrible way to kill off Lucas. Now we're left with these rubbish characters (+Harry:cube:). Oh well if it is bad I'll just go watch the old ones on dvd (5+6 for Christmas :ahee:). Although I do feel I have a bit of a tv shaped whole in my life right now :frown:. I tried 24 for my Spooks fix, but it just wasn't the same. Maybe it was the shocking megavideo quality, maybe the fact you know Jack will always be fine :rolleyes:.

Ehh sounds like just the kind of place my friend would like, or my sister - shudder-. Could probably buy into the doughnuts though.

Curse George and his enchanting allure and devious ways! Oh what a high price doth he charge! Specific brand-age you say? I would rather recompense in Schnaps or Amaretto. Yes indeed :wink:

Hah, if we did do it would likely be in the summer, as we wont get round to it this holiday, and I'm in Switzerland when all the uni-ers return next. But I'll try find an unobtrusive recording device (phone, breast pocket) and return with evidence. Probably of the door in the face :colondollar:. Hah if we did one (here, not York [:crossedf:]), we could always start off easy and do it at College parents' house. Downing owns the houses on the road behind it for student use, and I could pop out last as it were. I sense some fb photo related hilarity? I might look sometime. Well, speak for yourself, you nearly scared me off crazy lady :tongue:.

Hah that tale is reserved for another time. It also probably isn't as exciting as I've hyped it up to be really. Just a special moment of social awkwardness for me :colondollar:.

Well I also got inception for Christmas so I'll watch it again and see if I feel any differently. Tbh I don't remember much of it any more, just remember the overriding sense of annoyance on leaving the cinema...Damn sequalisation and time shortening nowadays. I'd happily watch a 3h movie :biggrin:. Although, I did love Sherlock Holmes so I'm kind of glad for sequalisation for that :tongue:.

:tongue: It's great isn't it. 'That's browning' 'Wait that's Eames!' 'I become Browning' 'How?!' '..That's what I do.' And other classics such as 'how does that prepare me for a series of multi-layered artificial dream worlds!' '...It was a really hard maze ok!'

People with strange facial lower-halves?! What does that mean, exactly? Also, Kobie pics pl0x! :smile: I guess if it's slightly pretentious it won't really do will it. I'd really be looking for full pretentiousness. So possibly a cane as well. And a smoking jacket. :cool:

Also re TMB. Yeah. I guess you're kinda right, although different eye colour and hair. Not sure if that's a good thing though... I think I had seen them before because the Tik Tok parody looked sort of familiar. I shall see who myheritage thinks I look like tomorrow, although I have had a haircut (:redface:) so probably not Stefan.

I know this sounds so cliché, but enjoy school while you're still there kids. Having a proper job (or at least a holiday style one on a more permanent basis) is really awful in comparison. Only two days left though :ahee:

Oh, and who at google thought having a button on chrome that closes all the tabs to the right was a good idea. I mean, seriously?! :curious::K:.

awesome, you can grab me some for my birthday. it's april 26th so you've got a while to sort flights blahblah, even though i'm not sure i can wait til then :colondollar:
what can i say, you were the only one from private school :ahee: at our modest rendezvous. i worked out my student loan would get me 3 months at UCL on their standard student 'weekly budget'. i'll either just live under a market stall in camden or... i've been told i could make a killing in the strip clubs :confused: never sure whether that one was a compliment or not. but it might cover expenses.
big cities are incredible, i'd get bored if i lived on a farm or something in the middle of nowhere :tongue:. i mean i live in a total Little Britain village but i practically move to manchester for weekends :love:
besides, london is quite divided so just stick to your own postcode if you don't wanna venture into the 'hood :cookie:

i was in love with lucas. turned my world upside down, i definitely cried a bit when he got axed! however there is still a teensy inkling of hope that he escaped? because after all, we never actually SAW him die...
24 is excellent but completely lacking in charm. jack is a bit of a stereotype, lacks the realistic-ness of the spooks cast.

when you inevitably get into cambridge and i inevitably resign myself to ucl, you can come down sometime and i'll show you round. you can take refuge from your massive workload by dressing up as an eco-warrior and enjoying trippy sugar highs :biggrin:

i'll take schnapps and amaretto ANY DAY! amaretto tastes like biscuits and schnapps is fun to say..... ssssschnarrrppppsss *does Penny from Big Bang impression*

spy cam in your top button, peeking out from above a distracting neckerchief? the view from most breast pockets= other people's cleavage, and while i'm sure you'd love re-watching that, it's really of no interest to me. :ahee:
i NEVER nearly scared you off. you appreciated the effort i made to come and invite you inside (despite the fact you could've been just like that guy who didn't speak english, and caused me more public humiliation). you were delighted that i defied my Mancunian upbringing and resisted the urge to punch you (people think we use this as a form of friendly greeting :hmmm:)
i made you awesomecake and you laughed at my bad jokes about :awesome:facing strangers then having to cover it up as a yawn. you could've run away anytime, so clearly i wasn't THAT crazy :tongue:

alright, here's real kobie:

Spoiler

i eagerly await your myheritage results. if you're not going to tell me the atonement story, i definitely want lulz at your face instead :rofl:
Reply 3436
Original post by cpdavis
Kobie, sorry to hear that, get well soon :console:

thankyou sweetie! ben and jerry are quickly nursing me back to my usual peachy self :awesome:
Reply 3437

Oh wow! You must be really sporty! *Jealous* I have absolutely pathetic hand eye co-ordination XD My friends spent a whole term trying to get me to catch a shuttlecock and I've still not managed it! And I have just sworn to stay away from large bodies of water when I'm older seeing as I really can't swim xD
The only exercise I do is ballet, although I used to do loads of gymnastics when I was younger and won a couple of competitions, but then I gave it all up for GCSEs.

ha, not really any more! have you not spotted that all the sports i excelled in required no hand-eye coordination whatsoever :rolleyes: it's a more widespread phenomenon than you think, my dear :tongue:

probably a good call. after all, your gcses were clearly good enough to risk an application to the LSE :yep:
Reply 3438
Original post by Fluidity
Had a dream last night that I went to collect my post from the local Royal Mail office. The letter was A4 size and rather thick, so I became naturally excited and started skipping along to the beach to open it.
I opened it, and it was a rejection, and the reason it was thick was because they'd posted my whole application back to me with a massive 'FAIL' sign on it. They had also doodled over my submitted photograph on my SAQ, ha!

Madness is imminent, one thinks.

I don't care what the outcome is anymore. I just want my rejection/acceptance so I can move on with life and stop having dreams like the one above. :tongue:

are you me??

except my saq photo was blown up to A3 size, stuck on the wall of King's college bar and having darts thrown at it :colondollar:

anyone know if offer letters actually are any thicker than rejection ones? :rolleyes:
Original post by Lorypop

You're welcome :biggrin:
Haha thanks. Considering I almost drove my instructor's car into oncoming traffic today i'm not all that hopeful, but it's taking my mind off everything else! :tongue:. Did you have a good evening full of procrastination?

:toofunny: But don't worry you should be fine

well this evening, I worked through a STEP question with a friend. Then after my mum asked for some help, I help her then she pisses me off because she says that she need to lick my a** in order to get any help. Like WTF, so really annoyed at her :angry:

Latest

Trending

Trending