The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ok guys this a big soiler .if you wan to know just scroll down

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

There is something I like about this picture.
Original post by NaturalDisaster
+1 for this when I can rate posts again. Why did I use them all up? River and the Doctor are the most awesome couple ever to set foot on the TARDIS. I bet she is actually his wife.

Hehe glad someone agrees.
Reply 1043
I bet they wont do lesbianism, they barely did the gay thing with Captain jack and well, he's just 'jack'. The BBC can't really do that before watershed, imagine explaining to a 5 year old why Amy is kissing a girl while shes married to rory? Seems too far for the BBC to go.

I would love it though. :smile:
Original post by Dizzy in my Head
They're just so darn cute! Isn't anyone still completely obsessed with Doctor Who in the good old days (season one and two, and perhaps the end of season four)? Though I loved Donna and Martha had her moments, I feel like Doctor Who has really changed (obviously). Steven Moffat's out of control in his quest to leave his mark on the show! He says he's not too keen on the character and is unlikely to re-introduce her to the Eleventh Doctor. :frown:

Please let me know your thoughts on them! Cute moments, cool videos...your opinion on the couple (so long as it's the right opinion :rolleyes:).

I don't want to see Rose back. I liked Rose but it was starting to get annoying where she just had to keep reappearing throughout the Tennant era. I really liked Martha and I know not many people did, but I think she was my favourite companion!
amy pond
hot readheads :coma:
tennant was the better doctor though
not a huge fan of smith
Yeah, just ain't the same thesedays. I miss the "team". Rose, Jack, Mickey etc. Feel nothing for Amy, Rory or River Song. Meh.
I would turn for David Tennant...What?
Original post by Cicerao
Yeah, just ain't the same thesedays. I miss the "team". Rose, Jack, Mickey etc. Feel nothing for Amy, Rory or River Song. Meh.

Amy, Rory, River > Rose, Jack, Mickey.

Reply 1049
I really liked rose/ 10 but the way that it was all wrapped up and she has the 10 clone and shes even in a different universe I don't think it would be right to bring her back.
Original post by History-Student
Amy, Rory, River > Rose, Jack, Mickey.

You are so wrong that I feel sorry for you. :colonhash:
Original post by Cicerao
You are so wrong that I feel sorry for you. :colonhash:

And your wrongness makes me happy.

Happiness > Pity

Guess I win again :cool:
Original post by History-Student
And your wrongness makes me happy.

Happiness > Pity

Guess I win again :cool:

Just because you want to bang Rory. D: <
Original post by Cicerao
Just because you want to bang Rory. D: <

Better Rory than Mickey.
Curse you guys! I tried to stay off this site but Doctor Who drove me back on :/ Long time lurker on this thread but I would like to add my two cents having read the majority of it (sad I know).

Firstly a couple of things I don't seem to get (even having watched it 3 times).

Why does it take the doctor 5 days to rescue Amy? We know she's been in that tardis-esque thing for five days but where has he been? Surely he can't be certain they'd wait until the moon landing to "bring silence"?

Also did people not find the silence defeat a little bit easy? It seems like the doctor is being set up for something by his own cleverness (just a general feeling here)

I think River looked mighty shifty when they were discussing the silents. Not sure what minute this was on, but when they are doing the hand injections thing she looks down when the doctor says he can't remember them either to Canton. Possibly implying she's in/was in cahoots with them?

River also says "Well I say she's human" when inspecting the space suit. Being an archeologist you'd think she'd know. So maybe the kid ain't a time lord?

With reference to that spoiler on the web :smile:please delete this or tell me if its not allowed :smile:

Spoiler

Also with reference to the "last kiss" bit. She may think its the last kiss. But surely there's that picnic where the doctor gives her the screw driver, just before SITL? I think this will be the bit where the doctor and River know everything about each other, at the same time. So can have a nice day out for once :smile:
Original post by nadiah
THIS!

She also had an amazing repertoire with the Doctor, and I loved how she seemed 'real' as a character.

She was amazing in Pompeii, and the Library episode was good as well, the way she was nice to the girl (who's name I've forgotten, but she was the first to die. :frown: ) when the others weren't, and the way she treated the Ood, she was an awesome character. No denying it.
I absolutely loved Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor and these days no-one even remembers him :frown:

However I was never a fan of Rose. She was a bit chavvy and fair enough I guess, but it was completely unrealistic that the Doctor should love someone like her.

I quite liked Donna because while she was a massive chav she was kinda brusque and so forth.

Martha was so bad in my opinion, as was David Tennant as the Doctor.

I love Amy, mainly because I love gingers, but she's sweet and yet not a complete pushover.

And of course Steven Moffat is the biggest legend in the world and his take on it all second to none. The only thing I don't like about the new series is all this River Song rubbish - I really don't care and she has zero chemistry with the Doctor.
Reply 1057
Original post by wabbajack123
Curse you guys! I tried to stay off this site but Doctor Who drove me back on :/ Long time lurker on this thread but I would like to add my two cents having read the majority of it (sad I know).

Firstly a couple of things I don't seem to get (even having watched it 3 times).

Why does it take the doctor 5 days to rescue Amy? We know she's been in that tardis-esque thing for five days but where has he been? Surely he can't be certain they'd wait until the moon landing to "bring silence"?

Also did people not find the silence defeat a little bit easy? It seems like the doctor is being set up for something by his own cleverness (just a general feeling here)

I think River looked mighty shifty when they were discussing the silents. Not sure what minute this was on, but when they are doing the hand injections thing she looks down when the doctor says he can't remember them either to Canton. Possibly implying she's in/was in cahoots with them?

River also says "Well I say she's human" when inspecting the space suit. Being an archeologist you'd think she'd know. So maybe the kid ain't a time lord?

With reference to that spoiler on the web :smile:please delete this or tell me if its not allowed :smile:

Spoiler

Also with reference to the "last kiss" bit. She may think its the last kiss. But surely there's that picnic where the doctor gives her the screw driver, just before SITL? I think this will be the bit where the doctor and River know everything about each other, at the same time. So can have a nice day out for once :smile:

I don't think the silents really are defeated there was one in 2011 remember? and he said humans would be fighting them for generations. I'm sure they will come back.
Original post by Rascacielos
I don't want to see Rose back. I liked Rose but it was starting to get annoying where she just had to keep reappearing throughout the Tennant era. I really liked Martha and I know not many people did, but I think she was my favourite companion!

Martha was a great companion. I mean, she travelled all around the world for a year on her own to save the Doctor, Rose never did that.
Original post by boba
I don't think the silents really are defeated there was one in 2011 remember? and he said humans would be fighting them for generations. I'm sure they will come back.

I got that. I just meant that this defeat may have not been a defeat. And that the silents have been planning something. I mean even with the girl running off. Surely she couldn't have done that without the silent's knowledge?

Latest