The Student Room Group

RAF medical

I had my medical yesterday and the doctor pointed out a very mild bunion i have on my left foot, she said it needs to be brought up with the higher up doctors for them to discuss it, when she asked i said i have never had any issue, pain or discomfort with it and it has never gotten bigger or worse, on JSP950 it says that “Candidates with existing hallux valgus are normally graded P8L8. However, those who are asymptomatic with no over-riding or callosity of the second toe; or who have had hallux valgus osteotomy, have normal function and are asymptomatic during activity comparable with military training are to be referred to the single-Service Occupational Physician responsible for the selection of recruits. At least 12 months must have elapsed since the surgery.”

Im just wondering if anyone has had the same situation im in and if they were passed through into basic?
Hello. Just following up this question. Did you get an answer from higher up drs about your mild bunion? Also have the same issue and don’t want to apply if I’m going to P8L8
Reply 2
Original post by Laurenlauren89
Hello. Just following up this question. Did you get an answer from higher up drs about your mild bunion? Also have the same issue and don’t want to apply if I’m going to P8L8

It's all on an individual basis, so the advice on here is usually to apply and see what happens.

The OP never came back after that one post.
Thanks. I spoke to them on another thread on Reddit. They got through and have their start date! Positive vibes.

Quick Reply

Latest