The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 6B (6PH08) Experiments!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by aym3n
i have a strong/bad/every feeling that can be described in stress that oscillation and damping ..... the centripetal acc. anyways has oscillations in it..... oh well :tongue:

lool Oye chk yu'r mail :tongue::wink:
Reply 41
Original post by Samia99
lool Oye chk yu'r mail :tongue::wink:

hahah i did...shukraaaan ya habibti :P.... i got this book lekin i just photocopied some experiments :colondollar:... :P:P
Original post by aym3n

Original post by aym3n
i have a strong/bad/every feeling that can be described in stress that oscillation and damping ..... the centripetal acc. anyways has oscillations in it..... oh well :tongue:

Aw. Let's hope for the best. :wink:
Reply 43
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever
Aw. Let's hope for the best. :wink:

yeah i hope they dont change the pattern for the planning question :redface:...they are the best :biggrin:
Original post by aym3n

Original post by aym3n
yeah i hope they dont change the pattern for the planning question :redface:...they are the best :biggrin:

Shame we don't have much papers to practice. :redface:
Reply 45

true that :frown:
Reply 46
Original post by aym3n

Haha. I am hoping so bad for that too !! Last questions is like the easiest 15-20 marks . If you get that right you are definitely on for an A :tongue: . All the three past papers seem to have the same repeating pattern(last question) . lets hope Edexcel is nice to us for one more time :biggrin:
Original post by warkan

Original post by warkan
Haha. I am hoping so bad for that too !! Last questions is like the easiest 15-20 marks . If you get that right you are definitely on for an A :tongue: . All the three past papers seem to have the same repeating pattern(last question) . lets hope Edexcel is nice to us for one more time :biggrin:

*fingers crossed* :wink:
Reply 48
does anybody know what the uncertainty for reaction time is? i have heard conflicting answers and it is quite important for any experiment that involves stopclocks.
Reply 49
Original post by warkan

ive learned throughout my AS never to trust edexcel...they hit back on us like karma :s-smilie: :tongue:....yes and ive finally learned how to work out uncertainity ....lets just hope :P
Reply 50
Original post by 108
does anybody know what the uncertainty for reaction time is? i have heard conflicting answers and it is quite important for any experiment that involves stopclocks.

it depends on the question because normally its 0.01s but then if the experiment involves oscillations then its completely a diffrnt case
Reply 51
Original post by aym3n
it depends on the question because normally its 0.01s but then if the experiment involves oscillations then its completely a diffrnt case

i've heard that reaction time is 0.1 seconds. however in the specimen paper, it is said that reaction time is between 0.5 seconds to 1 second

Original post by Samia99
Yea there are only 3 pprs for the new Specification

June 10, Jan 11 and the Specimen!
Got june 2010 from scribd.com

damn its annoying that theres not many past papers!
i think that the exponential related questions will come such as discharge of capacitor and nuclear decay...because they normally tell us to take logs and rearrange the equation to y=mx + c so that we can draw a straight line then take the gradient and all....
Reply 53
Original post by 108
i've heard that reaction time is 0.1 seconds. however in the specimen paper, it is said that reaction time is between 0.5 seconds to 1 second

yeah sorry my bad about that

....check out the attachment file notes and jump to page 4 ..(the highlited part in yellow).... it mentions clearly about time
Reply 54
there is a practical about mass of universe... edexcel can come up with anything they want :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by aym3n
there is a practical about mass of universe... edexcel can come up with anything they want :eek:

lol Yeah... But don't you think that handout is for the people in the UK who are actually doing the practical ? or is it for international students? :s

Also , Whats are the possible sources of errors in conservation of momentum experiments?
Reply 56
Original post by aym3n
yeah sorry my bad about that

....check out the attachment file notes and jump to page 4 ..(the highlited part in yellow).... it mentions clearly about time

thanks man. legend.
Reply 57
Original post by warkan
lol Yeah... But don't you think that handout is for the people in the UK who are actually doing the practical ? or is it for international students? :s

Also , Whats are the possible sources of errors in conservation of momentum experiments?

no its for the UK people but we are told to go through just incase :tongue:... being on the safe side is good :tongue:...

sources of error for momentum well im not sure for any but the exp says to tilt the runway to copensate friction but again im not sure if we can write this though because they normally ask us to prove whether the track is horizontal :s
Reply 58
Original post by 108
thanks man. legend.

happy to help :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by aym3n
no its for the UK people but we are told to go through just incase :tongue:... being on the safe side is good :tongue:...

sources of error for momentum well im not sure for any but the exp says to tilt the runway to copensate friction but again im not sure if we can write this though because they normally ask us to prove whether the track is horizontal :s

Oh thank god ! After looking at the handout got a mini heart attack :biggrin:
Well, I had the same doubt!! In one of the past papers there was a question on how to make sure the track is horizontal . In the teachers guide it says tilt the track to compensate for the friction :s.. Possible sources of error could be the air resistance but its not the best one :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending