Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm too shy :colondollar:

but thanks for the offer :smile:

Shy? :tongue:

No problem :h:

Thanks but I think right now I just want to listen to music very very loudly and try to chill with some blueberry cider.

Blueberry :sexface:
I decided I was strong and okay enough to look at my ex/ex-friend FB.

Spoiler

Original post by kka25
Shy? :tongue:

I'm the shyest person in quite possibly the entire world. :colondollar:
Reply 1823
I'm the shyest person in quite possibly the entire world. :colondollar:

d'aww.

:smile:
Original post by kka25
d'aww.

7 warning points? Never knew you were such a rebel. :tongue:
Original post by superwolf
Can't make any promises but I'll do my best to stay safe. Hope you're ok. :hugs:

I'm trying to get things sorted short-term until I see the psychiatrist, just nobody from uni/NHS seems overly keen to help me. :s-smilie:

Sorry to be worrying everyone. I will endeavour to eat more food though. :tongue:

Spoiler

Dunno to all questions - attempting to find out more (please reply to email as soon as you can).

If at all possible I think you should go private. This is seriously important, and it's ****ing disgusting that they want you to wait six weeks. :mad: If you can't go private then try going to A&E at another hospital.

Replied.

Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
No. No, Lecturer Who I've Barely Spoken To In Person And Is Fond Of Sending Pithy Emails, I can't explain over the internet why you don't have my essay yet. I wouldn't even like to discuss it to your face either but emails scare the bejesus out of me :frown:

:hugs: Get someone else to e-mail for you? Or do what I do, send an e-mail saying seeing attached note, and then include a note from my lovely GP

Spoiler

I'm sorry guys. :frown:

Spoiler

I just got off the phone with them, it was good to talk to someone, I'm feeling a bit calmer now and have moved everything sharp and all my pills to the kitchen so at least I have to think before I can do anything. Think I acted like a right retard on the phone, had to keep getting them to repeat stuff as I can hardly hear anything but they were very understanding. If I get through this weekend I'm going to go back to the GP and ask them to do something. I really can't deal with this. :frown:

a "wise man"? Took me far too long to work out who you were on about :colondollar:

You made me smile at least. :smile:

I spoke to a relative in the US who works at an opticians, she said it's vitally important that I get seen as soon as possible so I have no idea what they're playing at with 6 weeks. There's an emergency eye department at a hospital 30minutes away so, again if I get through this, I'm going to go on monday. Hopefully they would see me although I can imagine them coming up with some excuse not to.

Why not go now?

Thanks for the offer but they close at 4, by the time I get the taxi and get there they'll probably be closed or send me off for arriving too late. As much as it pains me to I'm going to wait until monday. Hopefully I would be in better shape by then because right now I'm more likely to cry and run out into the road than sit still and have my eyes tested. I think just stay here safe in my room and try not to think about offing myself. Maybe drink the cider, **** the diet.

What! What kind of emergency clinic closes at 4! :confused:

In regards to cider, given my earlier point, if drinking/losing the diet for the weekend will help you survive it - then lesser evil and all.
Original post by kka25
d'aww.

Saber is so sensible as well, completely unlike me and Superwolf!
Original post by rmhumphries

Spoiler

Why not go now?

What! What kind of emergency clinic closes at 4! :confused:

In regards to cider, given my earlier point, if drinking/losing the diet for the weekend will help you survive it - then lesser evil and all.

I'm not allowed to wrestle you again. The friction burn on my ankle from last time took about 4 weeks to heal. :s-smilie:

Yep, 4pm and not open at weekends either. Lazy ****s.

Yeah, it hurts me but **** the diet I need to stay safe, alcohol helps. Still feeling fairly fragile, I'm out of milk but too scared to go to sainsbury's. Maybe if I drink enough I'll get the guts to go. Hmmm...

And me? sensible? I think you're confusing me with someone else. :biggrin:
I'm not allowed to wrestle you again. The friction burn on my ankle from last time took about 4 weeks to heal. :s-smilie:

Yep, 4pm and not open at weekends either. Lazy ****s.

Yeah, it hurts me but **** the diet I need to stay safe, alcohol helps. Still feeling fairly fragile, I'm out of milk but too scared to go to sainsbury's. Maybe if I drink enough I'll get the guts to go. Hmmm...

And me? sensible? I think you're confusing me with someone else. :biggrin:

Excuses, excuses... :tongue:

Still, hopefully it will get sorted on Monday. Then, after they fix you, we can demand they give us free pizza in compensation for the wait of the weekend?

Exactly, at times you have to do things which are a little damaging, to prevent big damage.

Nope, you are sensible. Discussing politics while me and Laut discussed sex in the car. Not involving yourself in peanuts or pennying drinks in Spoons. And so on :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks!
I can imagine that being frustrating! I remember I used to have the odd night where it would take me ages to get to sleep and it was awful. I've heard the waking up early being a common thing with depression. I don't know if you've tried things like drinking a cup of hot milk. Don't know whether they actually work but might be worth a shot anyway. Hope tonight goes better for you! :hugs:

Wasn't too bad last night. Took me a while to get to sleep but didn't wake up during the night. Woke up early too but it's not so bad on weekdays, gives me more time to psych myself to get out of bed.

Friends were great today, I was never on my own and there was always someone to have a casual conversation with. Obviously it's so much better than being on my own but I can't help but feel low when I'm with people too. Although when I am with people, I'm not concentrating on my mood which is good.

I handed in the piece of homework I had only did a bit of and my teacher wasn't at all bothered. He gave me extra time and even explained the questions for me. In another lesson only 4 of us out of the entire class had done the homework so we were sent out of the room while the head of department screamed at the rest of the class. Glad I did it now. :tongue:

We had an assembly this morning about how close we are to leaving and how hard it is to get a job. Cue me trying not to cry in the assembly and most of period 1. There's so many people who are better than me so I don't see why I'm ever going to get to where I want to be. It all seems to pointless. Also clicked that me not concentrating = bad results = worse A level results = no university = loneliness = me feeling worse = being worse at any job I happen to have, whether it's the job I want or not. Seems like I'm thinking too far into the future but that's inevitably going to happen.

Spoiler

Sorry for the essay! How are you? :hugs:
Reply 1830
7 warning points? Never knew you were such a rebel. :tongue:

:colondollar:

Saber is so sensible as well, completely unlike me and Superwolf!

Is he? Then I must call him

Sabertooth
x

and give him a:

:jumphug:

owh and Root Beer!! :beer:

with Ice Cream! :perv:

:hugs:
Woo, psychiatrist finally got back to me now after me calling him on Wednesday and then re-calling today. Seroquel to 300mg/day in order to try to control things.
Reply 1832
Original post by littleshambles
I decided I was strong and okay enough to look at my ex/ex-friend FB.

Spoiler

It sounds like you are better off without him :hugs:
Flatmate's making a formal complaint against me. Tempting to make one against her as well, for bullying, but one incident probably isn't enough for that...
Flatmate's making a formal complaint against me. Tempting to make one against her as well, for bullying, but one incident probably isn't enough for that...

Hmm, I don't know - could be worth a try?

How you doing? :hugs:
Reply 1835

:eek:

I'm not sure about the situation, but if you need to defend yourself in anytime, then you should.
Hmm, I don't know - could be worth a try?

How you doing? :hugs:

I am really really really not doing good. Making all kinds of plans which somehow I don't think you'd approve of...
Reply 1837
I am really really really not doing good. Making all kinds of plans which somehow I don't think you'd approve of...

Call someone, NOW, please :hugs:

This isn't fair. You can't tell me not to do it then do it yourself!

Formal complaint for what? Being goddamn awesome? :awesome:
Original post by Anonymous
Wasn't too bad last night. Took me a while to get to sleep but didn't wake up during the night. Woke up early too but it's not so bad on weekdays, gives me more time to psych myself to get out of bed.

Friends were great today, I was never on my own and there was always someone to have a casual conversation with. Obviously it's so much better than being on my own but I can't help but feel low when I'm with people too. Although when I am with people, I'm not concentrating on my mood which is good.

I handed in the piece of homework I had only did a bit of and my teacher wasn't at all bothered. He gave me extra time and even explained the questions for me. In another lesson only 4 of us out of the entire class had done the homework so we were sent out of the room while the head of department screamed at the rest of the class. Glad I did it now. :tongue:

We had an assembly this morning about how close we are to leaving and how hard it is to get a job. Cue me trying not to cry in the assembly and most of period 1. There's so many people who are better than me so I don't see why I'm ever going to get to where I want to be. It all seems to pointless. Also clicked that me not concentrating = bad results = worse A level results = no university = loneliness = me feeling worse = being worse at any job I happen to have, whether it's the job I want or not. Seems like I'm thinking too far into the future but that's inevitably going to happen.

Spoiler

Sorry for the essay! How are you? :hugs:

That's good, what time do you try to get to sleep?
Glad your friends were good, hope things stay that way.
Sounds like a good a teacher for once! That was really good then, seems like you're making a good effort. Think that's really amazing! When I was at my worst I just didn't bother with anything at all.
Hopefully good things will lead on from your appointment and things will get sorted and you'll be feeling better for A-levels! Try not to think too far ahead at the moment, when I do that it really brings me down. Just take it one day at a time.

Spoiler

No problem, I enjoy a good essay too! :tongue:
I'm good thanks, felt fine again mood wise. Had this question that the lecturer said a week ago was due in today. When I got to the last part I was thinking we haven't been taught how to this yet, but as it was due in today I spent quite a while the past few days trying to figure it out, then in the lecture today he says it's now due in next Friday as he hasn't got as far with the notes as he thought he would. That was rather amusing, wouldn't of hurt him to have sent an email before. He asked quite a few questions in the lectures that no one was answering, which I knew after working on the question, wanted to answer but was too scared, so just kept on writing more clues until someone answered. Sort of had my arm half up then chickened out, don't what I thought was so terrible that would happen. Counsellor said to try to do things that make me anxious then assess my thoughts, as a way to recognise that they're irrational, wouldn't normally have even thought about answering. :redface:
My housemates birthday today, tomorrow she's having predrinks here then going to a nightclub. I'm invited, but really not my cup of tea at all, would be so uncomfortable, feel kind of rude not going. Other housemates asked if I wanted to join with them to get her present though, so that was nice. Think I will wait til her birthday is over then explain that I won't be here next year, should get it out the way soon, hopefully they won't mind too much....nervous!

Latest