The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Original post by Sabertooth
I just got off the phone with them, it was good to talk to someone, I'm feeling a bit calmer now and have moved everything sharp and all my pills to the kitchen so at least I have to think before I can do anything. Think I acted like a right retard on the phone, had to keep getting them to repeat stuff as I can hardly hear anything but they were very understanding. If I get through this weekend I'm going to go back to the GP and ask them to do something. I really can't deal with this. :frown:

a "wise man"? Took me far too long to work out who you were on about :colondollar:

You made me smile at least. :smile:

:smile: Well, that's something. Please get some company for the weekend
Reply 1841
Is it only me that finds it completely retarded that people can come in here posting what that guy just posted and get away with 10 warning posts? I go on some forums where adult content etc is allowed.. but if someone came along and said that in this kind of thread they would get the ban hammer.

You post a picture of sexual intercourse on here = ban... Telling people what he just said in the depression society = 10 points. Messed up system?
This isn't fair. You can't tell me not to do it then do it yourself!

Formal complaint for what? Being goddamn awesome? :awesome:

But you did the same to me!

For the certain slightly illegal thing that I did... It would actually be deeply hilarious if it weren't for the whole now being persecuted thing, and I really don't get why she'd make such of it. :s-smilie:

Couldn't help crying in front of my sister. :sad: Told her a bit of the truth, but left out the whole me doing something wrong and having a complaint made about me thing... Might end up having to tell her everything later, I dunno.
Original post by rmhumphries
:hugs: Get someone else to e-mail for you? Or do what I do, send an e-mail saying seeing attached note, and then include a note from my lovely GP

YOU ARE ACTUALLY ALL-KNOWING, I THINK :hugs:
I have a confession to make. I feel I must share. So, guess what?

Spoiler

Original post by ViceVersa
I have a confession to make. I feel I must share. So, guess what?

Spoiler

Probably one of the few things I could have read which would actually make me smile right now. :yy:
Original post by SciFiBoy
mental health appointment went okay I think, gonna get extra counselling and they are putting me on Mirtazapine? anyone know/had any experience with this stuff? :/

idk, hopefully it will help anyway.

just bumping this cause would really help me to know if people have had any experiences with Mirtazapine
Original post by superwolf

Probably one of the few things I could have read which would actually make me smile right now. :yy:

Ahh, you just made my day tons better. :biggrin: I'm so glad to hear that :lovehug:
Reply 1848
Slight panic downloading all the lecture slides that I've missed so far this year. Reminding myself constantly that I need 40%, only 40%...

Estimating (pessimistically) that I'll get at least 55% in each module exam in the summer, which make up 50% of the modules, which'll give me 27.5% overall in each module and leave me only needing 12.5% from the other 50%, which are presentations and essays and the like.
Pips. :mute:

Still, I've read through the essay question options and at least they seem interesting. As long as I can get the right books out and keep myself motivated for long enough periods of time, I should be through this year and out the other side.
Reply 1849
I just got off the phone with them, it was good to talk to someone, I'm feeling a bit calmer now and have moved everything sharp and all my pills to the kitchen so at least I have to think before I can do anything. Think I acted like a right retard on the phone, had to keep getting them to repeat stuff as I can hardly hear anything but they were very understanding. If I get through this weekend I'm going to go back to the GP and ask them to do something. I really can't deal with this. :frown:

It's good you managed to talk to someone :hugs:. I remember when I was feeling like that. Went to A&E, talked to someone. ^ It calmed me down... until recently :rolleyes:, when my parents have started again.

^

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Wasn't too bad last night. Took me a while to get to sleep but didn't wake up during the night. Woke up early too but it's not so bad on weekdays, gives me more time to psych myself to get out of bed.

Friends were great today, I was never on my own and there was always someone to have a casual conversation with. Obviously it's so much better than being on my own but I can't help but feel low when I'm with people too. Although when I am with people, I'm not concentrating on my mood which is good.

I handed in the piece of homework I had only did a bit of and my teacher wasn't at all bothered. He gave me extra time and even explained the questions for me. In another lesson only 4 of us out of the entire class had done the homework so we were sent out of the room while the head of department screamed at the rest of the class. Glad I did it now. :tongue:

We had an assembly this morning about how close we are to leaving and how hard it is to get a job. Cue me trying not to cry in the assembly and most of period 1. There's so many people who are better than me so I don't see why I'm ever going to get to where I want to be. It all seems to pointless. Also clicked that me not concentrating = bad results = worse A level results = no university = loneliness = me feeling worse = being worse at any job I happen to have, whether it's the job I want or not. Seems like I'm thinking too far into the future but that's inevitably going to happen.

Spoiler

Sorry for the essay! How are you? :hugs:

:hugs: I'm quite good :smile:. It's really sad to hear what happened to that boy :cry2:.

That bit in bold sums up how i've been feeling for ages. Probably started at the beginning of Year 12. Made much worse when

Spoiler

I am also worried I am going to fail, but can't bring myself to study. Can't concentrate at all :frown:.

---

Also, slightly off topic, but found this on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16989689. Couldn't agree more.
Reply 1850
Original post by avhhs

Also, slightly off topic, but found this on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16989689. Couldn't agree more.

Definitely. Hits you very hard when you lose or drift from friends and don't make new ones.

My best friend is my budgie. And I miss him. :cry2:
Original post by SciFiBoy
just bumping this cause would really help me to know if people have had any experiences with Mirtazapine

Tends to make you really lethargic at first - I was sleeping 15 hours a night - but that wears off over time, or bizarrely as you move up to higher doses. A lot of people get really hungry on mirtazapine, although that never happened with me. Apart from sleeping more the only thing mirtazapine did to me was give me extremely vivid dreams.

Hope it works for you. :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
That's good, what time do you try to get to sleep?
Glad your friends were good, hope things stay that way.
Sounds like a good a teacher for once! That was really good then, seems like you're making a good effort. Think that's really amazing! When I was at my worst I just didn't bother with anything at all.
Hopefully good things will lead on from your appointment and things will get sorted and you'll be feeling better for A-levels! Try not to think too far ahead at the moment, when I do that it really brings me down. Just take it one day at a time.

Spoiler

No problem, I enjoy a good essay too! :tongue:
I'm good thanks, felt fine again mood wise. Had this question that the lecturer said a week ago was due in today. When I got to the last part I was thinking we haven't been taught how to this yet, but as it was due in today I spent quite a while the past few days trying to figure it out, then in the lecture today he says it's now due in next Friday as he hasn't got as far with the notes as he thought he would. That was rather amusing, wouldn't of hurt him to have sent an email before. He asked quite a few questions in the lectures that no one was answering, which I knew after working on the question, wanted to answer but was too scared, so just kept on writing more clues until someone answered. Sort of had my arm half up then chickened out, don't what I thought was so terrible that would happen. Counsellor said to try to do things that make me anxious then assess my thoughts, as a way to recognise that they're irrational, wouldn't normally have even thought about answering. :redface:
My housemates birthday today, tomorrow she's having predrinks here then going to a nightclub. I'm invited, but really not my cup of tea at all, would be so uncomfortable, feel kind of rude not going. Other housemates asked if I wanted to join with them to get her present though, so that was nice. Think I will wait til her birthday is over then explain that I won't be here next year, should get it out the way soon, hopefully they won't mind too much....nervous!

I'm not actually sure, I think it took me just over an hour to get to sleep though.
Things like that just reinforce the idea of me making all this up, or at least over exaggerating everything.
I really, really hope so. Even if my GCSEs are so-so but I really try at A level I could still apply to pretty much anything.

Spoiler

Glad your mood is fairly good!
At least you gave answering it a start, it's more than I would ever do.
Maybe you could just go to predrinks if you feel up to it?
I'm sure they'll miss you but there's nothing stopping you keeping in contact with them :hugs:
Tends to make you really lethargic at first - I was sleeping 15 hours a night - but that wears off over time, or bizarrely as you move up to higher doses. A lot of people get really hungry on mirtazapine, although that never happened with me. Apart from sleeping more the only thing mirtazapine did to me was give me extremely vivid dreams.

Hope it works for you. :hugs:

thanks for the reply :hugs:

tbh extra sleep is good, haven't slept properly for months as is!

hopefully it doesn't make me too hungry, I eat too much as is :erm:

my dreams are crazy anyway! :tongue:
Original post by SeaJay
:smile: Well, that's something. Please get some company for the weekend

I'm all alone all weekend, no friends or family nearby. I just looked it up and the nearest hospital is miles away so I can't even go to a&e. I took some diazepam which is keeping me calm but am fast running out of that. I only need to make it until 8.40am monday and I can go to the GP (who, of course, will do **** all).

But you did the same to me!

For the certain slightly illegal thing that I did... It would actually be deeply hilarious if it weren't for the whole now being persecuted thing, and I really don't get why she'd make such of it. :s-smilie:

Couldn't help crying in front of my sister. :sad: Told her a bit of the truth, but left out the whole me doing something wrong and having a complaint made about me thing... Might end up having to tell her everything later, I dunno.

I'm allowed to because I'm right, you're not. :colonhash:
I'm well curious what you did. You didn't bite her did you?

It's good you've told your sister - a problem halved is a er.....ok I've forgotten the saying. :colondollar: but you get the point. Anyway at least she can keep an eye on you.
a problem halved is a problem solved. :fyi:

Or something like that.
I'm allowed to because I'm right, you're not. :colonhash:
I'm well curious what you did. You didn't bite her did you?

It's good you've told your sister - a problem halved is a er.....ok I've forgotten the saying. :colondollar: but you get the point. Anyway at least she can keep an eye on you.

Damn. Can't argue with that can I? And you're supposed to be curious - this whole thing is in fact entirely a fabrication, designed to mean that you can't kill yourself til you've found out what I did. :colone: And no, I didn't bite her.

I've always thought that it was a problem shared is a problem doubled. :tongue:
Reply 1857
a problem halved is a problem solved. :fyi:

Or something like that.

Or depending on who you tell, a problem shared is a problem doubled!
Original post by Nut.
Or depending on who you tell, a problem shared is a problem doubled!

Woo, magical brain synchronicity!
Going to deal with replies later. So sorry anyone who quoted me and I haven't replied.

[sarcasm]So, appointment with Dr Adams went well[/sarcasm].

Spoiler

I almost broke down in tears in front of him, but managed not to. I really don't want to see him again now, but there are no other psych's I can see! :biggrin:

Latest