The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmhumphries
Going to deal with replies later. So sorry anyone who quoted me and I haven't replied.

[sarcasm]So, appointment with Dr Adams went well[/sarcasm].

Spoiler

I almost broke down in tears in front of him, but managed not to. I really don't want to see him again now, but there are no other psych's I can see! :biggrin:

:jumphug: You know it might be time to make a formal complaint of your own...
Reply 1861
Original post by superwolf
Woo, magical brain synchronicity!

:awesome:
:jumphug: You know it might be time to make a formal complaint of your own...

He did also swear at one point! :eek:
He did also swear at one point! :eek:

Are you sure this was an actual doctor you saw, or just some homeless alcoholic? :holmes:
Are you sure this was an actual doctor you saw, or just some homeless alcoholic? :holmes:

On a :holmes: note, we discussed Sherlock. He has no idea how he did it :tongue:

I think it was a real doctor, he had his prescription pad this week. Not that I got anything.
Going to deal with replies later. So sorry anyone who quoted me and I haven't replied.

Spoiler

I almost broke down in tears in front of him, but managed not to. I really don't want to see him again now, but there are no other psych's I can see! :biggrin:

...your doctor sounds utterly useless, have you thought about asking for a second opinion?

How many antidepressants have you tried exactly?
Reply 1866

Original post by Idle
Is it only me that finds it completely retarded that people can come in here posting what that guy just posted and get away with 10 warning posts? I go on some forums where adult content etc is allowed.. but if someone came along and said that in this kind of thread they would get the ban hammer.

You post a picture of sexual intercourse on here = ban... Telling people what he just said in the depression society = 10 points. Messed up system?
Just wondering, what did he say?
On a :holmes: note, we discussed Sherlock. He has no idea how he did it :tongue:

I think it was a real doctor, he had his prescription pad this week. Not that I got anything.

Yeah but he might just have fished that out of a bin. It's possible that he is in fact mentally ill himself, and truly believes that he's a respected psychiatrist. :eek:

In order to tell, ask yourself this question: did he stink of piss?
Reply 1868
Original post by Jackso
Just wondering, what did he say?

Spoiler

Reply 1869

Original post by Idle

Spoiler

Oh, directed at you? And yes, it is pretty stupid, but if he did it again he'd probably get a permanent IP ban (will probably happen soon regardless.)
Original post by avhhs

:hugs: I'm quite good :smile:. It's really sad to hear what happened to that boy :cry2:.

That bit in bold sums up how i've been feeling for ages. Probably started at the beginning of Year 12. Made much worse when

Spoiler

I am also worried I am going to fail, but can't bring myself to study. Can't concentrate at all :frown:.

Glad you're OK :-) Yeah, he's brain dead but on life support because his family are donating his organs.

Can completely relate to this. Seeing how great everybody else's social lives are makes your own seem much worse.
My concentration is almost non-existent too.

My uncle just left before asking me if I still wanted to go into medicine. Even though I know there's absolutely no chance of me getting in, I still said yeah and he seemed really pleased. I still want to go into it, I just know I wont be accepted anywhere. It's all I have ever wanted to do and I'd look stupid if I couldn't do the only thing I have ever wanted to do. My family expect so much from me but I'm just going to disappoint them.
Reply 1871

Spoiler

Well that sounds really helpful. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Also my parents have decided to come for just the day, rather than the entire weekend, which means (my rules) that they abso-frickin'-lutely have to bring le budgie up to see me. Otherwise, given that he seems to think I'm his mum, he'll get abandonment issues worse than mine! :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
...your doctor sounds utterly useless, have you thought about asking for a second opinion?

How many antidepressants have you tried exactly?

My psychiatrist is useless, my GP is lovely. Unfortunately, I have asked my GP about a second opinion, and the whole health centre is mandated to use Dr Adams for a psychiatrist, there is no other option.

6 I believe, Prozac, Trazodone, Mirtazapine, Venaflaxine, Lofepramine and Escitalopram.

Yeah but he might just have fished that out of a bin. It's possible that he is in fact mentally ill himself, and truly believes that he's a respected psychiatrist. :eek:

In order to tell, ask yourself this question: did he stink of piss?

Who leaves a prescription pad in the bin?

Or more to the point, do you have something fun you want to share :tongue:

And no, he didn't :tongue:
Original post by Nut.
Well that sounds really helpful. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Also my parents have decided to come for just the day, rather than the entire weekend, which means (my rules) that they abso-frickin'-lutely have to bring le budgie up to see me. Otherwise, given that he seems to think I'm his mum, he'll get abandonment issues worse than mine! :eek:

This sounds fun, competition to see who had the most incompetent psychiatrist? Hell yeah I'll participate.

Suicidally depressed, self harming every day often requiring stitches, hearing voices constantly, answer?

Spoiler

Because flipping burgers is gonna make me feel :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1874
Original post by Idle

Spoiler

****head. Completely ignore him :jumphug:.

I'll morph into a superwolf-type being if he appears again and bite the living hell out of him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1875
This sounds fun, competition to see who had the most incompetent psychiatrist? Hell yeah I'll participate.

Suicidally depressed, self harming every day often requiring stitches, hearing voices constantly, answer?

Spoiler

Because flipping burgers is gonna make me feel :awesome:

His name wasn't Andrew Lansley was it, per chance? :holmes:
Who leaves a prescription pad in the bin?

Or more to the point, do you have something fun you want to share :tongue:

And no, he didn't :tongue:

Well if someone as incompetent as Dr Adams can get a psych job, chances are there are plenty of other dumbasses out there too.

I wanna get Laut to switch to psychiatry so I can tie her up and steal her prescription pad she can prescribe me fun stuff, but thus far she's proving uncooperative. :sad:
My psychiatrist is useless, my GP is lovely. Unfortunately, I have asked my GP about a second opinion, and the whole health centre is mandated to use Dr Adams for a psychiatrist, there is no other option.

6 I believe, Prozac, Trazodone, Mirtazapine, Venaflaxine, Lofepramine and Escitalopram.

That's utterly retarded. Nice guidelines state that you should be entitled to a second opinion. Tell them to bus in a shrink to see you.

6 is still early days, I've tried 9 before settling on one, ask to try another one.
Original post by Nut.
His name wasn't Andrew Lansley was it, per chance? :holmes:

:rofl: Nice one.
Reply 1879
I'm all alone all weekend, no friends or family nearby. I just looked it up and the nearest hospital is miles away so I can't even go to a&e. I took some diazepam which is keeping me calm but am fast running out of that. I only need to make it until 8.40am monday and I can go to the GP (who, of course, will do **** all).

Virtual company will have to do then - Keep talking on here/on the phone. Doesn't matter how many times you need to ring the number I suggested. Keep going, k

:bath: Have one of these. With bubbles. (Yeah, yeah, don't give me any of that crap about it not being manly, :tongue: as long as you've got your toy boat, it'll be fine :biggrin:)

Latest