The Student Room Group

The Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
Lil bit :tongue:

It was strong feelings involved though so it couldn't be helped..

Ah well, it happens! :rolleyes:

(Don't wanna spam!)
Reply 681
Original post by WhiteSlice14

Ah well, it happens! :rolleyes:

(Don't wanna spam!)

Still unfinished business there though which is just awkward and weirdly tense..

In an effort not to spam, I just totally had a freak-out OCD moment here! :afraid: :sigh:
Still unfinished business there though which is just awkward and weirdly tense..

In an effort not to spam, I just totally had a freak-out OCD moment here! :afraid: :sigh:

I can't but sort of can imagine...

Wait as in you just had an OCD moment, or that it was related to the spam thingy? :s-smilie:
Reply 683

I can't but sort of can imagine...

Wait as in you just had an OCD moment, or that it was related to the spam thingy? :s-smilie:

Lol something similar? Not sure how much you can or can't imagine..

Not to the spammy thing:

Spoiler

Lol something similar? Not sure how much you can or can't imagine..

Not to the spammy thing:

Spoiler

No no, nothing similar... Just that I've heard other experiences and stuff but yeh.

OMG!! LOOOOOOL!! I was actually laughing :lol: (still sniggering)

That's proper funny... But sad in a way :frown: Like when you catch someone picking their nose! And then... :afraid:
Reply 685

No no, nothing similar... Just that I've heard other experiences and stuff but yeh.

OMG!! LOOOOOOL!! I was actually laughing :lol: (still sniggering)

That's proper funny... But sad in a way :frown: Like when you catch someone picking their nose! And then... :afraid:

Oh right okay :yep:

I'm actually disgusted :nothing: I just can't believe that this happened..

Yeah, and yeah the nose picking, it's like that - so awkward! Eww :yucky:
Oh right okay :yep:

I'm actually disgusted :nothing: I just can't believe that this happened..

Yeah, and yeah the nose picking, it's like that - so awkward! Eww :yucky:

Hahahaha it's still funny.. I can imagine it happening - that's why!

And also when people don't wash their hands after going to the toilet! :eek:
It's like.. When someone is nose picking, I just turn my head as if I didn't notice.. AWKWARD!

Oh man, I was in the car once with an old guy, and he picked his nose and carried on driving :facepalm:
Reply 687

Hahahaha it's still funny.. I can imagine it happening - that's why!

And also when people don't wash their hands after going to the toilet! :eek:
It's like.. When someone is nose picking, I just turn my head as if I didn't notice.. AWKWARD!

Oh man, I was in the car once with an old guy, and he picked his nose and carried on driving :facepalm:

Lol I'm sure :tongue:

OMG that too! :facepalm2:

Omg once, lol oh god once, when I was younger, my dad picked his nose when walking with me and my sis near a road crossing and then he held both our hands before we crossed. :indiff:
Lol I'm sure :tongue:

OMG that too! :facepalm2:

Omg once, lol oh god once, when I was younger, my dad picked his nose when walking with me and my sis near a road crossing and then he held both our hands before we crossed. :indiff:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! That's funny!! They match each other well :tongue:
Reply 689

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!! That's funny!! They match each other well :tongue:

Looooooooooool yes exactly. I was just pissing myself laughing thinking about that day now :facepalm2: Yep they certainly match eachother well. :tongue:
Reply 690
I seem to have an OCD with the cleanliness of my hands. I didn't even notice it until it was mentioned. I wash them whenever I think they may be dirty and usually avoid touching anything I consider dirty. After washing up, emptying a bin, touching the mouse, money, toilet, sleep, touching dust, a wipe etc... I'm not sure if it's real OCD or I'm just super clean.
Looooooooooool yes exactly. I was just pissing myself laughing thinking about that day now :facepalm2: Yep they certainly match eachother well. :tongue:

I was pmsl too coz I've seen parents do that!! They think no one can see them :tongue:

Haha, my only concern is, how did they end up with you???! :eek:

why does this make me think of Mean Girls ("Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white")? :lol:
Reply 693
Original post by RobertWhite
I seem to have an OCD with the cleanliness of my hands. I didn't even notice it until it was mentioned. I wash them whenever I think they may be dirty and usually avoid touching anything I consider dirty. After washing up, emptying a bin, touching the mouse, money, toilet, sleep, touching dust, a wipe etc... I'm not sure if it's real OCD or I'm just super clean.

:hi: Welcome :h:

I have that problem too. If you read the last few pages from today you'll see :yep: OCD isn't just about that though and I wouldn't say you have OCD because of it.

I was pmsl too coz I've seen parents do that!! They think no one can see them :tongue:

Lol exactly!

I have never understood that! :eek:

Original post by kayleigh.jean
why does this make me think of Mean Girls ("Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white")? :lol:

Lol I remember that! Mean Girls :love:
why does this make me think of Mean Girls ("Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white&quot:wink:? :lol:

Hahaha I loved that! :tongue:

Lol exactly!

I have never understood that! :eek:

Lol I remember that! Mean Girls :love:

Haha, it's truly a miracle! Miracles happen guys! :tongue:

Btw, going to eat now, so long!
Reply 695

omg was gonna reply later but this made me snort. i love that line! mean girls is so funny. even though ive watched it way too many times. "SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!" :lol:

will message back properly later. or tomorrow probably, so sleepy! now i need to wash my hair dye off though :s-smilie: hope it's not gone wrong and i look like a munter! looool.

night all!
I do this too.. and like some others have said, I never really considered it as and OCD thing.. but then I never considered it normal either... to be honest I never really thought about it in that sense, I just knew I had to do it
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 697
Haha, it's truly a miracle! Miracles happen guys! :tongue:

Btw, going to eat now, so long!

Yep :yep:

Bye-bye :hello:

Original post by popple7
omg was gonna reply later but this made me snort. i love that line! mean girls is so funny. even though ive watched it way too many times. "SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!"
:lol:

will message back properly later. or tomorrow probably, so sleepy! now i need to wash my hair dye off though :s-smilie: hope it's not gone wrong and i look like a munter! looool.

night all!

Same here! Love it so much :love: So funny :tongue:

Take your time hun, sleep sweetly! :hugs:

Original post by LonelyTimeLord
I do this too.. and like some others have said, I never really considered it as and OCD thing.. but then I never considered it normala either... to be honest I never really thought about it in that sense, I just knew I had to do it

:five:
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know what I've been doing. I've decided to wage war on my OCD. Basically even if I feel I need to do a compulsion, I'm doing the opposite. At first it was horrific and I felt certain all my fears would come true, but as it goes on, it seems to be working. I'm a lot less anxious than before and I don't have to do as many weird things, and I'm able to easily tell myself "false alarm, ignore it" rather than having to do all these annoying little rituals. Thought this might be helpful to some people :smile: If you try this, don't feel bad if you can't do it at first. For me, I started by avoiding doing the compulsion immediately and then doing it 10 mins after until eventually I just stopped doing it.
Original post by LipstickKisses
Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know what I've been doing. I've decided to wage war on my OCD. Basically even if I feel I need to do a compulsion, I'm doing the opposite. At first it was horrific and I felt certain all my fears would come true, but as it goes on, it seems to be working. I'm a lot less anxious than before and I don't have to do as many weird things, and I'm able to easily tell myself "false alarm, ignore it" rather than having to do all these annoying little rituals. Thought this might be helpful to some people :smile: If you try this, don't feel bad if you can't do it at first. For me, I started by avoiding doing the compulsion immediately and then doing it 10 mins after until eventually I just stopped doing it.

It's true! I've seen people who have OCD with paying exactly the right amount in money but they resist from doing so and now they just throw a fiver here and there! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest