The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

English Language and Literature (Q300) at Sussex 2012

Hello

Is anyone else thinking of/hoping to do the above course in 2012? I'm putting it down as my first choice and have a conditional offer so hopefully I'll be going there come September! Anyone else out there?
Reply 1
I went to the open day today and was really surprised by how much I like it! So yes, I'm thinking about firming my offer tooooo :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
That's awesome! Hi :biggrin:
Reply 3
hiii :smile:
Reply 4
Have you decided where you're going to go yet?
Reply 5
Original post by Chammy
Have you decided where you're going to go yet?

No :frown: It's between Exeter and Sussex. Exeter want A*AA, and Sussex want AAA. Exeter's just across the motorway (and let's be honest, pretty boring) whereas Sussex has Brighton! Just a bit worried that with an English degree, I'm going to need it from a really well known university in order to get somewhere when I finish. Idk it's really hard :/ Living in Brighton is something I reaaally want to do though. Ahhh!
Reply 6
Original post by pellejema
No :frown: It's between Exeter and Sussex. Exeter want A*AA, and Sussex want AAA. Exeter's just across the motorway (and let's be honest, pretty boring) whereas Sussex has Brighton! Just a bit worried that with an English degree, I'm going to need it from a really well known university in order to get somewhere when I finish. Idk it's really hard :/ Living in Brighton is something I reaaally want to do though. Ahhh!

I'm had the same dilemma with Warwick and Sussex. I've decided to firm Warwick over Sussex now... But also because Warwick's English course sounds amazing, though I LOVEEEEE Brighton and Sussex being in a national park!
Reply 7
I'm feeling similar to you both now ;_; I went to Queen Mary yesterday and thought it was lovely so now I'm more torn than before!
Reply 8
Original post by partickler
I'm had the same dilemma with Warwick and Sussex. I've decided to firm Warwick over Sussex now... But also because Warwick's English course sounds amazing, though I LOVEEEEE Brighton and Sussex being in a national park!

Ah! The Warwick course does sound great. I have an interview there the other week but wasn't particularly keen on the location (Coventry). But it's so annoying being torn!
Reply 9
Original post by Chammy
I'm feeling similar to you both now ;_; I went to Queen Mary yesterday and thought it was lovely so now I'm more torn than before!

Is that combined Lit and Lang at Queen Mary? Where else did you apply?
Ah! The Warwick course does sound great. I have an interview there the other week but wasn't particularly keen on the location (Coventry). But it's so annoying being torn!

Location in comparison to Sussex is like two ends of a spectrum, in some ways :P. It IS very annoying being torn :frown:. How was your interview? Did you get an offer?
Original post by equ1n0x
i think it mainly depends on houshold income, haven't heard of anything to do with children in family :confused:

I know! Crazy. Umm I'm not sure about my interview... Not particularly great, but hey. I went in there knowing it wasn't the place I wanted to be so it wasn't the best. Did you have an interview?

And I haven't heard back from them yet! They've taken ages - mine was the last interview date so I was expecting to hear back from them sooner. I take it you've got an offer already?
Yeah, I've applied there and I'm going to the open day on the 13th of April.
Reply 13
Original post by NumberNegativeZero
Yeah, I've applied there and I'm going to the open day on the 13th of April.

Me too! Nice to meet other people going :smile:

Is that combined Lit and Lang at Queen Mary? Where else did you apply?

Yeah it is, and I also applied to UCL (rejected) and King's College but I just withdrew my application because their English program isn't even that good compared to Sussex/QM so it's between those two for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending