The Student Room Group

Where to apply

Hi everyone, I hope this is in the right place! I am looking to apply for Medicine, 2024 entry, at Keele, Liverpool, maybe Newcastle, maybe Nottingham, maybe Leicester.

I achieved all 9's in my GCSEs, Maths, English language, English literature, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, German, RS and History and am predicted 3 A*s for A level Chemistry Biology and Psychology.

I recently did my UCAT and got 2790 Band 2
740 VR
710 DM
660 QR
680 AR

I have volunteered at local charity shops, done a weeks experience in a local hospital, volunteered at another hospital and might do another week shadowing again. Also I have completed Brighton and Sussex Virtual Work experience and founded the medical society at my old school. I have also done Grade 8 on Piano and Grade 7 on Violin, am a dedicated orchestra member, and have achieved all DofE awards.

Odds are I am applying to Keele and Liverpool, I really liked it there, and I also liked Newcastle, however I am aware they have a high UCAT cutoff. Last year I think it was 2800 and odds are it will increase again. Would this be too risky an application? Or do they allow slightly under the cutoff and take a more holistic approach?

Also with Nottingham I used their calculation system for my points for GCSE and UCAT. With the GCSE score I achieved full marks, and the UCAT scores were 46 for the cognitive skills and 45 for the SJ. Do these sound like scores with which I have a chance for Interview?

For Leicester I used their scoring system, but they said it could be subject to change. I got full marks on the GCSE aspect and 27.5 for the UCAT out of 32. Do these sound like scores able for me to get an interview?

Thanks for any advice!
Reply 1
Original post by annadmarvel
Hi everyone, I hope this is in the right place! I am looking to apply for Medicine, 2024 entry, at Keele, Liverpool, maybe Newcastle, maybe Nottingham, maybe Leicester.

I achieved all 9's in my GCSEs, Maths, English language, English literature, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, German, RS and History and am predicted 3 A*s for A level Chemistry Biology and Psychology.

I recently did my UCAT and got 2790 Band 2
740 VR
710 DM
660 QR
680 AR

I have volunteered at local charity shops, done a weeks experience in a local hospital, volunteered at another hospital and might do another week shadowing again. Also I have completed Brighton and Sussex Virtual Work experience and founded the medical society at my old school. I have also done Grade 8 on Piano and Grade 7 on Violin, am a dedicated orchestra member, and have achieved all DofE awards.

Odds are I am applying to Keele and Liverpool, I really liked it there, and I also liked Newcastle, however I am aware they have a high UCAT cutoff. Last year I think it was 2800 and odds are it will increase again. Would this be too risky an application? Or do they allow slightly under the cutoff and take a more holistic approach?

Also with Nottingham I used their calculation system for my points for GCSE and UCAT. With the GCSE score I achieved full marks, and the UCAT scores were 46 for the cognitive skills and 45 for the SJ. Do these sound like scores with which I have a chance for Interview?

For Leicester I used their scoring system, but they said it could be subject to change. I got full marks on the GCSE aspect and 27.5 for the UCAT out of 32. Do these sound like scores able for me to get an interview?

Thanks for any advice!

You may find it helpful to post your comment in this thread

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312527

And then maybe delete this thread ?

Good luck !
Reply 2
Original post by GGIN
You may find it helpful to post your comment in this thread

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7312527

And then maybe delete this thread ?

Good luck !

Thank you, I will try figure out how to delete the thread lol!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending