The Student Room Group

Safe option university recs?

Hey,
I’m applying to study English lit/English lit with Spanish in 2024 (I’m predicted A*A*A) and I’m looking for a university to have as my ‘safe’ option.
For context, my top 2 are Warwick and York, and I personally didn’t like Exeter or Southampton. Ideally I’d want something with the same feel as York/Warwick. I’m thinking of applying to York St John’s as I loved York as a city, but I live in south-east London/west Kent so would like to have a look at a few options that are closer to home.
Thank you!
Reply 2
Surrey, Swansea, Lancaster, Queens Belfast all offer this subject combination
Original post by ella1507
Hey,
I’m applying to study English lit/English lit with Spanish in 2024 (I’m predicted A*A*A) and I’m looking for a university to have as my ‘safe’ option.
For context, my top 2 are Warwick and York, and I personally didn’t like Exeter or Southampton. Ideally I’d want something with the same feel as York/Warwick. I’m thinking of applying to York St John’s as I loved York as a city, but I live in south-east London/west Kent so would like to have a look at a few options that are closer to home.
Thank you!

Hi,
Lancaster Uni offers both of them courses, and has slightly lower entry requirements of AAB. I've put the links for both of the courses, so you can see the different modules that you can study through these courses.
English Lit - https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/english-literature-ba-hons-q300/2024/
Spanish Studies and English Lit - https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/spanish-studies-and-english-literature-ba-hons-rq43/2023/

Lancaster University is similar to York, in the sense that there both campus universities based in the North. Lancaster also offers a similar collegiate system to York, where in your 1st year you live with people from the same college and it becomes like a smaller friendly community on campus, which I really liked. The city center of Lancaster is lovely and historic with a castle and lots of outdoor parks, making it similar to York, however I would say that Lancaster is a smaller city compared to York, but there's still lots of shops and events going on.
Hope this helps,
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending