The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laut_biru
A number of them are trained to, which is something none of us are.

I think people just wanted to try and help, and I can honestly say that I wasn't aware that mods were trained in this so other people probably weren't aware that they could help either
Reply 7001
Thank you very much.

:hugs:

The situation is being dealt with as best it can.

It's really probably not a good idea to have everyone panicking on here all the time. It's not going to do anyone any good.

Oh how I hope she texts soon :frown: Lets hope the mods do their job :/
Original post by Phoenix07
I think people just wanted to try and help, and I can honestly say that I wasn't aware that mods were trained in this so other people probably weren't aware that they could help either

I know, I was just saying you can definitely trust the mod team :hugs:

Original post by Deyesy
Oh how I hope she texts soon :frown: Lets hope the mods do their job :/

I hope so too.
I know, I was just saying you can definitely trust the mod team :hugs:

Yer I hope so, if there is one thing I can do very well it is panic about things! Its just not nice knowing that you can't do anything to help!

Original post by Wheek
I was going to suggest painting your toe nails too but then read the rest of the thread!

I know the avoiding food thing well. Have managed to stick to a slightly better food intake today. My other half brought me back a couple of easter eggs from his family but I have only kept the cream eggs from them and given the big eggs to him to eat so that I don't binge on them and so far I have managed to leave the cream eggs in the fridge and ignore them :biggrin:

Thank you for being so supportive and understanding, its nice to find someone who understands.

Well thats good welldone, I have eaten lots more easter eggs today :frown: trying to balance it out by drinking loads of orange juice which isn't really ideal! I am trying to get my other half to eat all of the remaining chocolate in the house though so it isn't there for me to have!
But nah I know how difficult it can be, always here if you want to talk about any of it :hugs:
Just got a text! She said she's okay
Reply 7005
Thank GOD for that.
Original post by Phoenix07
Yer I hope so, if there is one thing I can do very well it is panic about things! Its just not nice knowing that you can't do anything to help!

Yeah, it's no fun at all. Not much to be done though unless a record is kept of everyone's address and phone numbers.

She's texted me btw, saying she is ok and will see a doctor.
Original post by Webberino
Same :tongue:
Either way as only applied to have put first semester ones delayed. If they don't get put back then I'll have another exam 2 days after that one. Really hope they do because I haven't looked at them at all as my mentor thinks it should be fine. :colondollar:

We all have those days. :tongue:
Hope you still manage to sleep. :hugs:

Oh right! Eeeeek, good luck then :hugs: If mentor thinks it's fine then it should be hopefully, he might have done this kind of thing before. When do you find out?

Thanks :smile: I'm drinking water to see if it helps :laugh:

I will start revision tomorrow, I will.
Reply 7008
Original post by SciFiBoy
good morning

who am I kidding, I did not sleep and I do not feel good.

sigh.

I really don't know why I bother with hope :frown: it's always empty and it's always futile, and am so pathetic that I always end up feeling like this even though my life could be much worse and stuff cause im that weak and stupid really.

today I plan to see a friend and hope that goes well and tonight I will be drinking very heavily, maybe too heavily, haven't decided yet.

I hope you feel better sometime! not much I can do but I wish you the best!
Guys I'm fine, I'm okay! I wish everyone didn't worry so. I vomitted whatever I took out and will see a doctor ASAP.
Original post by chyecerd
I hope you feel better sometime! not much I can do but I wish you the best!

thanks :redface: I have had a few somewhat better days of late, but still kinda low, looking forward to the future things though to keep my mind off it :smile:

Original post by ViceVersa
Guys I'm fine, I'm okay! I wish everyone didn't worry so. I vomitted whatever I took out and will see a doctor ASAP.

:hugs: we all just want to make sure you are okay :smile:

I'm glad you're okay. I think the worried posts in this thread show just how much people who don't even know you care about you. Even when you feel totally alone and like no one would miss you or be upset by your loss, remember that even those whose lives you don't know you've touched will miss you. :console:

Now please go see a doctor :console: And I promise, life does get better - I've tasted normality after successful treatment for depression and it is worth hanging on for. :hugs:
Idle - I got your text. I'm not replying via text because my phone is a bitch and I hate blackberry (long story. Actually short story but that's besides the point). I dunno why I feel down so much, depression's a bitch (but can be beaten :yep:)
Original post by superwolf

I look forward to being pushed round London in my glorious bed-chariot. I might take along my backlog of antidepressants to throw fistfuls at the roaring crowds.

I had a special little box for my normal points, only I never seemed to get any. :sad: So now I keep shiny things like buttons and safety pins in it instead. :h:

You do know that I will now be tragically disappointed if you are not in a bed chariot tomorrow, so best you arrange it :biggrin:

I'm really glad to hear you're OK ViceVersa :hugs: Please do make sure you see a doctor even if you feel OK, just to be on the safe side :yes:

Thanks to those who reported the situation to us, you did the right thing. I just wanted to clarify the situation with regards to how and where the mods can help in this kind of situation. It is important that things like this are brought to our attention so we can contact the member and encourage them to seek help and help signpost them. In an emergency situation we may also offer to call them an ambulance if they don't feel able to call themselves but want to seek help. We can only do this with their permission, and provided they give us their contact details, though. We also need to review the posts and make edits/remove things where necessary.

However, we don't track ips or call the police to trace people. There are lots of reasons for this, and it's a really complex decision with multiple factors to consider, but first and foremost we feel it would be wrong to set a precedent that we will call the police/emergency services in these situations because it's not something that we can guarantee we will be able to do every time. It would be truly awful if someone came and posted here believing/hoping to be saved and we weren't able to. For this reason we believe our role is to offer support (which we have been trained by the Samaritans to provide) and to encourage the member to seek help.

I don't wish to drag the thread off topic so if anyone would like to talk about this more, please do feel free to come to Ask an H&R Moderator. I just wanted to clear up any confusion as I know there was some discussion earlier about contacting the mods so that we could track people down. It is still really important though that you flag these kind of situations for our attention so that we can do what we can to help, so please do continue to report them to us.

Thanks everyone :smile:
I think I speak for everybody in the society when I say I'm glad ViceVersa is safe.

I hope everyone at the meet enjoys themselves tomorrow too :smile:

Feeling overwhelmingly lonely tonight. I know I like my own space but there's only so much time you can spend alone with your thoughts. Even if I was with people, I'm so awkward around them that I'd want to be alone anyway. Even talking over Facebook makes me anxious, wouldn't be the first time I've broken into a sweat if somebody has sent me a message and I don't know how to reply.
Reply 7016
Just woke up after sleeping for a few hours. Unhappy not at that, but at a good dream that finished :frown: :tongue:.
crunching for a hand in at midnight today, sleep deprivation sucks .__.

edit: I just read through what i missed, glad to hear VV is ok though, had me worried for a bit there. I think you need that meet to help cheer you up :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
I agree, sleep deprivation totally sucks :/
I just got new medication, and thank god they work so I am able to sleep.
Little dizzy during the day though, but I hope this will pass.
Hey I was just wondering if any of you could offer me any advice as to what i should do about how i am feeling
Ive always been very emotional the slightest thing would upset me and i took everything to heart, however for the past 2 years i have never felt happy i dont know why i have everything in my liife going for me, ive done well in my exams, im going to uni this year but yet i just cant be happy. The past 10 months have been a living hell my ex boyfriend cheated on me and left me and it has seemed to be a catalyst for me constantly crying, every night im in hysterics sobbing, i feel like their is no point in anything at first i thought it was because of him but now i think its nothing to do with him im just depressed, i cant eat or sleep i detest myself and my body, nobody seems to understand. I dont go out I have lost constact with all my friends because i just couldnt be bothered too see them or ttext them back not because i had anything else on just as i didnt feel there was any point I have it in my head that everybody is out to hurt me or atleast make me fail in life, the past 4 months this has got so bad that im always cryng my mums told me to snap out of it and i wish i could i hate feeling like this, ive tried to deal with it on my own as i know there is a astigma attached to depressiona dn sometimes i think maybe im just hormonal or something but itsgetting worse nnot better, ive booked an appointment at my gp today is that the right thing to do ? am i maybe depressed or am i just an over emotional person?thaknyou

Latest