The Student Room Group

French AQA AS level - 25th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by constantmeowage
I put a different spin on my essay. :L

Like in the first paragraphs I went into detail about how technology damages children's health and stuff, and then into detail about how sexual content is so easily obtainable these days. Then after that I explained why young people still use them regardless, and then I went into why the campaign wouldn't work.

Do you think I'd get away with it despite the fact that I didn't give many points but I elaborated on a couple. :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Finally someone who understood the question as well!

It didn't asked the advantages of technology but why youths still use them regardless of their dangers

and then i also used the campaign in my conclusion
Reply 261
It can't have been 'raison' because that would mean he was right and the whole thing was essentially saying how wrong the minister was, no? I may be completely wrong. I put 'tort' because I thought it said something about his proposal being bizarre, therefore he would 'avoir tort' because he'd be wrong. Again, I also could be wrong ha!
Original post by Forza-Milan2011

It didn't asked the advantages of technology but why youths still use them regardless of their dangers

It's still basically asking you advantages and disadvantages. It's just re-phrased so you have a different conclusion from a standard +ve vs. -ve question
Reply 263
Original post by :)ella
That was so awful!

I think I got a bit cocky because I've been getting As in the past papers and I didn't do nearly enough revision :frown:

I literally guessed nearly all of the reading and listening :frown:

I did les nouvelles technologies for my speaking though so hopefully the essay wasn't too terrible

I also got confident because I had also been hitting As in the listening/reading papers and 24s in the essays, but I have to say that this was the hardest listening paper I've ever done! Everyone in my class said the same. It doesn't help that I have a partial hearing impairment :frown: I couldn't understand the first question and put 'French adults weigh twice as much'. I can't remember if I put income for the fourth factor in the obesity question. The reading was slightly better, but I'm not confident about the grammar. It's always been my weakest point.

As for the essay, well, I picked new technologies and rambled on about criminals, sexual predators, and 'trolls' as internet dangers. I also talked about phone theft as a new technology danger. I must say, that essay title was a godsend. I did a reasonable amount of revision for it, although admittedly, I walked into the exam having not done any revision since May the 9th, so go figure :smile:

I was confident I'd get an A before I walked in. Now I'm not so sure.
Reply 264
Original post by rckilduff
It can't have been 'raison' because that would mean he was right and the whole thing was essentially saying how wrong the minister was, no? I may be completely wrong. I put 'tort' because I thought it said something about his proposal being bizarre, therefore he would 'avoir tort' because he'd be wrong. Again, I also could be wrong ha!

this
Original post by Forza-Milan2011

Yeah, the buzz word being 'despite' the dangers or something like that.

But I think in answering that you put the advantages of internet, as that is what keeps the young people hooked and unable to tear themselves away despite the dangers. That's what I did anyway.

I talked about 'les sites roses', sexual predators, online theft and piracy for the dangers. And for the other side I said all the things they can do on the internet and how young people like to always be in contact with one another, therefore I didn't think the campaign would be a success. I dunno though.

First question was bloody hard... I know I ****ed up on the one that said they don't walk enough. I said the traditional meal is 'about to disappear', when in fact it's 'is disappearing'. I used salary instead of income. Grr, hate reading these threads!

Put 'ferront' instead of 'feront'. Had a lot more V than ND and F.
Reply 266
does anybody have the paper to upload ? :smile:
Reply 267
Original post by lidiya
Well. this is how I translated it .. but does it really matter whether it is BESIDES or not.. the question is clear by saind why are they influenced even though they KNOW the dangers.. it is the same thing!!

The question was along the lines of what was the dangers of new technologies and why do young people continue to use it?
Reply 268
Original post by araghia04
does anybody have the paper to upload ? :smile:

I don't think anyone will - I doubt most the teachers have seen it yet. It won't be available publicly for a while, since schools use it as mocks etc.
Reply 269
Original post by jack160595
For the fifth listening question about the minister and music, I put C,C,C for the first 3 tick boxes can this be right??? I was sure the minister said it was insufficient so it had to be less than 40%, the survey said only 3% listened to rap and was far away from the preference of classical music and jazz., and it said old people don't like rap.

It was insufficient, so surely that meant that he wanted more?
Rap was the least popular so I think the answer was classical music is more popular than rap
and yes, old people don't like rap - it didn't say they wanted to forbid it, it was the interviewee who said that. :smile:
Reply 270
Original post by Ionus7

Lots of people in my class and on here thought it was ridiculously difficult, so the grade boundaries should be low I hope
Original post by Ketchup!
It was insufficient, so surely that meant that he wanted more?
Rap was the least popular so I think the answer was classical music is more popular than rap
and yes, old people don't like rap - it didn't say they wanted to forbid it, it was the interviewee who said that. :smile:

Me and some friends confirmed that rap was the most popular?
Reply 272
Original post by Ionus7
I also got confident because I had also been hitting As in the listening/reading papers and 24s in the essays, but I have to say that this was the hardest listening paper I've ever done! Everyone in my class said the same. It doesn't help that I have a partial hearing impairment :frown: I couldn't understand the first question and put 'French adults weigh twice as much'. I can't remember if I put income for the fourth factor in the obesity question. The reading was slightly better, but I'm not confident about the grammar. It's always been my weakest point.

As for the essay, well, I picked new technologies and rambled on about criminals, sexual predators, and 'trolls' as internet dangers. I also talked about phone theft as a new technology danger. I must say, that essay title was a godsend. I did a reasonable amount of revision for it, although admittedly, I walked into the exam having not done any revision since May the 9th, so go figure :smile:

argh i know :frown: you did well though doing it with a hearing impairment! The batteries in my cd player ran out part way through and they had to get new ones so the invigilator said i could have more time at the end but to be honest I'd lost the will to live so I just left with everyone else!

Anyway I hope yours wasn't that bad, good luck with your results :smile:
Original post by Blob2491
Me and some friends confirmed that rap was the most popular?

I said that rap was the post popular amoungst french people also ???
Original post by Future Medics
WAIT!!! Did I miss read the question!!!
I talked about for my 2nd part - why children use the new tech:
To be part of a group ...
For homework help ...
Sociable ...
Escape reality ...
Ahhhh

i thought it was dangers and why they use them despite the dangers? I kind of talked about campaigns and how they didnt work then about the benefits? Do you think thats ok? x
If I remember correctly
My answers were At least 40% listened to the ready (that was A or C)
Then rap was the most popular
Then C about that women
Then 'a raison' about michael
Then C for the last one :/
Original post by mylonelyangel
i thought it was dangers and why they use them despite the dangers? I kind of talked about campaigns and how they didnt work then about the benefits? Do you think thats ok? x

Sounds good I think
Yeah it was why do young people still use it
I said it is essential for young people ... it is a necessity etc ...
And the reasons which you see above :/
Sounds good I think
Yeah it was why do young people still use it
I said it is essential for young people ... it is a necessity etc ...
And the reasons which you see above :/

:smile: ah yay ok thanks :smile:
If I remember correctly
My answers were At least 40% listened to the ready (that was A or C)
Then rap was the most popular
Then C about that women
Then 'a raison' about michael
Then C for the last one :/

I got similar one's to you, who did you put for the first reading question about the person being tetus et honnete? and for the advertising question, did you get something like V, V F?
Also, for the first question on reasons for obesity do you think they'd accept 'more people are unemployed'? thought i heard something about chomage lol

oh well =[
Original post by Blob2491
I got similar one's to you, who did you put for the first reading question about the person being tetus et honnete? and for the advertising question, did you get something like V, V F?
Also, for the first question on reasons for obesity do you think they'd accept 'more people are unemployed'? thought i heard something about chomage lol

oh well =[

For the honest one
It was the girl who was stuck up!
Johanna - thats what I put anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending