The Student Room Group

ocr gcse mathematics b j567 11th june 2012

Seen as though I haven't come across a thread for the exam, how'd everybody find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I re sat this exam and it was alot easier than last year, but that'll just make the grade boundaries go higher. The simultaneous equation was pretty easy, I got -2 and 3, can someone tell me what the answer to the juice carton question was, I guessed that one.
Umm I think I got 750ml of apple juice and 250ml of mango juice and they made a £32.60 profit?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by ChestnutHero
Umm I think I got 750ml of apple juice and 250ml of mango juice and they made a £32.60 profit?

I'm fairly sure that was a different paper. Was it calculator or non?
Reply 4
The one ChestnutHero is talking about is the paper I did. It was non calculator however bare in mind there was at least 2 different exams : )
Reply 5
Original post by Rumcho10
I re sat this exam and it was alot easier than last year, but that'll just make the grade boundaries go higher. The simultaneous equation was pretty easy, I got -2 and 3, can someone tell me what the answer to the juice carton question was, I guessed that one.

Which was the simultaneous equation?
I think your on about another paper.
This is OCR linear not modular. : )
Reply 6
Original post by ChestnutHero

I got that as well! High 5 at least we have 3 marks :biggrin:
Can you remember anything else?

Did you answer the completing the square question?
Reply 7
i did the ocr one which had a question about a magazine, simultaneous equations about tables in a restaurant, something about a clock and average miles per hour travel etc...
anyone else?
Reply 8
Hey, I took this paper too, and I felt I did rubbish on it, I needed to improve my GCSE grade for when I go to University this year, so I'm really worried about it.
Does anyone know where I can get the answers for the paper to help settle my mind a little?
I've searched all over the internet and can't find anything, not even on the OCR website. Someone help please ):
Hey guys i am 11 and just took this paper. I am just wondering what you guys got for the tent question where you had to use compasses. I got a triangle with a cut off corner. Also are you worried about tomorrow?
Original post by kirankayjohal
I got that as well! High 5 at least we have 3 marks :biggrin:
Can you remember anything else?

Did you answer the completing the square question?

I have a feeling you might have got that wrong because we weren't asked to calculate how much profit it was.. It was just how much she got from the drink and gave to the school and you had to x £2.40 by 20 = £48. Can you rember the Olympic town question?
LOL I completely messed up on the drinks question I put £9.80 hehehehe

I got 3 and -2 for the last question. :/
Original post by AZ786
OMG i found it sooo hard, the only things that i knew was question 1a about 3/50 as a decimal, i put 0.06 which was right, and then i put 0.015 instead by accident which was stupid, did anyone get the vector ones?

Yeah I put 9/3 and 1/1 for the vectors I think. You just times it
I think
Reply 13
Original post by Cjedwards95
Yeah I put 9/3 and 1/1 for the vectors I think. You just times it
I think

Lol i soooo messed it up, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by AZ786
What did everyone put for the loci question (number 2), and the one about the sea and cliff?

was this the map question?
Reply 15
Original post by Vin57xd
was this the map question?

Umm i duno lol it was the one wer you had to see where the person could pitch their tent on the trapezium shaped field
Original post by AZ786
Umm i duno lol it was the one wer you had to see where the person could pitch their tent on the trapezium shaped field

oh right i got like a triangle with a cut off corner from the 50m semi circle lol
Original post by AZ786
Lol i soooo messed it up, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

I think they will be 75% for a C
Reply 18
Original post by Vin57xd
oh right i got like a triangle with a cut off corner from the 50m semi circle lol

Oh ok, i dnt even know what shape mine looked like lol, what do you think the grade boundaries are? and what questions do you think will be in tomorrows calculator one?
Reply 19
Original post by Vin57xd
I think they will be 75% for a C

Thanks, but does that mean like 75/100 for a C!?!?!?!? Also, how did you find it? I thought it was really difficult :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending