Reply 380
Hello, someone give a helping hand.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 381
Original post by Verseau
Hello, someone give a helping hand.

This is a good place to start :smile:
THis may already have been answered... But can anybody explain why Andrew Melville hall is cheaper than the other halls?

E.g. Catered single for 2012-2013 is £4579 at Andrew Melville
Catered single for 2012-2013 is £5603 at all the other places
Reply 383
Original post by JakeStenson
THis may already have been answered... But can anybody explain why Andrew Melville hall is cheaper than the other halls?

The university subsidises it as a way of making accommodation in St Andrews more affordable. It's not exactly the prettiest hall inside or out but it still has a great social scene I believe, like any other hall.
Reply 384
Original post by JakeStenson

Original post by Ecosse_14
The university subsidises it as a way of making accommodation in St Andrews more affordable. It's not exactly the prettiest hall inside or out but it still has a great social scene I believe, like any other hall.

But who wouldn't want to live in a building that looks like a pirate ship?! :biggrin:
Reply 385
Original post by Helsy
But who wouldn't want to live in a building that looks like a pirate ship?! :biggrin:

a sinking pirate ship...
Reply 386
Original post by Oh-WOW
a sinking pirate ship...

What if your'e a mermaid...?
Reply 387
Original post by Helsy
What if your'e a mermaid...?

PRSOM :rolleyes:
Reply 388
Original post by Sappho
x

Would you be interested in writing a guide for Fife Park some time? :smile:
Reply 389
Would you be interested in writing a guide for Fife Park some time? :smile:

I probably should! Is there a sample/guideline? I'm a bit busy at the moment (I know, I'm doing something wrong :tongue: ), but I'm sure I'll find a moment! :smile:
Reply 390
Original post by Sappho
I probably should! Is there a sample/guideline? I'm a bit busy at the moment (I know, I'm doing something wrong :tongue: ), but I'm sure I'll find a moment! :smile:

Take your time, you don't even need to do one. Have a look at the mini guides at the beginning of the thread (posts 2 & 3) for ideas. Usually the location, accommodation, facilities, cleaning, atmosphere and anything else you feel should be added.
Reply 391
Has anyone starting in Sept heard about their accommodation yet? I thought I might have heard something by now since they tell you to check from 1st June.
Reply 392
Original post by kred
Has anyone starting in Sept heard about their accommodation yet? I thought I might have heard something by now since they tell you to check from 1st June.

I think the first offers of accommodation came out around this time last year so just hang on in there. Saying that, you may still have to wait a while. Remember you'll only get your offer now if you have a firmed unconditional :smile:
Reply 393
I think the first offers of accommodation came out around this time last year so just hang on in there. Saying that, you may still have to wait a while. Remember you'll only get your offer now if you have a firmed unconditional :smile:

I have a firmed unconditional - so hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Reply 394
I had my unconditional this time last year but it took them until August to work my accomodation out, so don't be disappointed if you don't hear so very soon. In the end I got what I wanted :smile: (standard self-catered)
Reply 395
I will be very. very disappointed!
All my friends who have unconditionals to other unis have known where they will be living for ages and ages ......
Reply 396
Original post by kred
I will be very. very disappointed!
All my friends who have unconditionals to other unis have known where they will be living for ages and ages ......

Someone on the fb group asked the accommodation office and apparently the first batch of e-contracts will be send out on June 29th.
Reply 397
Original post by perlsh
Someone on the fb group asked the accommodation office and apparently the first batch of e-contracts will be send out on June 29th.

Thanks for letting me know this. I will look out then!
Original post by perlsh

Quick question. Will they be sending this email to our @standrews.ac.uk address, or the one we gave them? I'm asking only because I and a friend of mine have had login problems for the St Andrews addres.
Reply 399
Original post by DreamingSpires

Quick question. Will they be sending this email to our @standrews.ac.uk address, or the one we gave them? I'm asking only because I and a friend of mine have had login problems for the St Andrews addres.

you need to sign into your e contract and click on maintain and then contact details and then you can enter an alternative email address.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending