The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

So the media, governement and society generally have an anti-drug stance and we are told over and over again, how drugs ruin lives, can kill you etc...

However, what are your experiences with drugs? Positive or negative? Do you think society should be more tolerent on the use fo drugs, seeing as alcohol which has numerous drawbacks for the individual and society is so widely accepted?

Scroll to see replies

My experiences of drugs...not massive. Smoked weed, can't see any real downsides to it. Took some pills at a festival once felt like I was going to die. Ate some magic mushrooms which was fun, would recommend. Been around people taking speed/doing coke etc but I don't want to get in the habit of anything.
I've smoked weed over the last few years at least once a week (on weekends if it was during schooltime) and it's a good way to unwind and let go of the stresses of academic life.

I've also done magic mushrooms 3 times. They are really fantastic and hope to continue doing them in the future. But keep in mind that it is an 'introverted' drug so to speak. Don't go doing them with negative thoughts and/or feelings of discomfort and unease.

I've done some speed/amphetamine a few dozen times and just a little bit with a few friends can make you talk for hours on end. It makes discussion really intense and interesting. But the crash can make you feel pretty awful so I tend not to do it as much these days.

I have't touched MDMA/ecstasy but a few of my buddies have. It seems like the euphoria it delivers is just too good. Not to mention the fact that I don't want to dance like an idiot.

So I guess overall I've had pretty positive experiences with drugs. I advocate legalising cannabis and (re-legalising) magic mushrooms. MDMA is a possibility. Anything harder than that is questionable though.
--
Can't tell whether the negs are from anti-drug puritans or ecstasy fanboys lol
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Smoked weed many times, taken LSA (don't know what the little seeds are called) once which was fantastic. Me and a couple of mates also managed to get our hands on some salvia, but we were impatient and didn't know what to do with it, so we just rolled it into a joint and smoked it. Barely anything happened, I'm not even sure if it was genuinely salvia. So not much experience really.

I would try more it's just that this all happened when we weren't old enough to get into pubs or get sold alcohol, but now obviously that has taken over.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I've smoked weed a couple of times and absolutely hated it, so I can't say my experience has been positive at all. :sigh:

However, I am in favour of decriminalising drugs seeing as it's the common sense thing to do and actually works where it's implemented.
The drug I've probably had most exposure too is salvia, it's always been fun for me and almost everyone else I've taken it with, but a few friends have reacted badly and it kinda puts a downer on the night.
Reply 6
Original post by Popppppy
The drug I've probably had most exposure too is salvia, it's always been fun for me and almost everyone else I've taken it with, but a few friends have reacted badly and it kinda puts a downer on the night.

lol @ salvia being "fun". You're either not smoking it properly or you're one sick, masochistic freak.
Reply 7
Smoked weed literally everyday for a few months o.o it's **** you end up rolling eighth joints and not even getting high. You also feel lazy/grudgy/depressed/selfish :frown: I do it infrequently you get higher off smaller and feel more relaxed plus I hate the taste of alcohol.
Weed I think not many people know what they are talking about when they want it legalised: I don't want it legalised because it'd be much more expensive! Also all this skunk/haze/cheese they aren't good for you your best bet it homegrown since all these chemicals really can stay up in that brain of yours and cause you hell.

Done coke a bit it's ****ing fun; never tried pills; done MDMA that makes you look like a panda-monkey afterwards but my friends said you should smoke a few joints to oust the comedown was really ****ting it as my heart was pounding irregularly before it "kicked" in also the sour drip is horrid; shrooms in a caravan LOL (chavvy); smoked solid that **** is nasty and apparently it gets you high but it smelt of burnt plastic and tasted of ****!

Apart from that I hate ripping bong! And I adore blunts!

EDIT:
Dat neg T.T
makes me feel like a right druggie this post
oh and shouts out to special k!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Popppppy

forget salvia! my friend took it once on his own (because he is a loner like that) was on his couch and thought he was stuck in a desert full of bones and was yelling to see if anybody was there
Reply 9
Why should the NHS waste their money on saving people like u.
Your signing a death warrant when u take drugs, is that why people take them? It's a temp fix, wouldn't it be better if u lot jumped under a train. ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've smoked weed quite a few times but it doesn't really do much for me, just chills me out to the point where I fall asleep. Do get a bloody good nights sleep though.

I've had positive experiences with psychedelics such as LSD and DMT. Both with the intense and breathtaking amplification of the senses, especially the visuals and music just sounds amazing but also the profound effects they had on my thinking. I've definably had a fresh perspective on life and the past, present and future more broadly. Also, my first LSD trip pretty much immediately made me stop smoking cigarettes for some reason.
I've had positive experiences with cannabis, LSD and salvia. Will be doing mushrooms shortly.

I understand that there are potentially serious negative ramifications from substance abuse, but responsible drug use can be an enlightening and thoroughly enjoyable experience.
I have no problem with others taking recreational drugs such as Cannabis etc, but it's not something I personally would choose to do. What I do dislike, however, is when teenagers use the fact they take a drug as some sort of status symbol, to be bragged about. If you're gonna do it, fine, but don't make everyone else out to be lesser because they choose not to.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dolly786
Your signing a death warrant when u take drugs, is that why people take them? It's a temp fix, wouldn't it be better if u lot jumped under a train. ?

Jumping under trains causes delays. Drugs don't.

Be considerate, kids.
Reply 14
The only drug I've ever had bad experiences with is alcohol tbh
I've had pretty extensive drug experience. Tried drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, MDMA, amphetamine, methoxetamine, LSD, DMT, opiates and many other esoteric psychedelics e.g. 4-aco-dmt, 25i-NBOME and 5-meo-DMT.

My experiences with drugs and psychedelics in particular have been wonderful. I think psychedelics, if used in a controlled environment and by stable, sensible people can have serious therapeutic potential. Also, they are simply fascinating and I'm generally interested in altered states of consciousness caused by neurotransmitters firing away in our heads. Some of the most memorable moments of my life have been tripping absolute balls.

EDIT: As for the should drugs be legal/illegal.... I think all drugs should be legalized. The fact that drugs are illegal causes more deaths than the drugs themselves (think gang wars in Mexico and S.A.) The "war on drugs" has been an absolute failure and total waste of taxpayer's money. I believe that my body and mind should be independent from the government and that they have no right to regulate what I do with my body as long as I'm not harming anyone. Some drugs e.g. LSD and MDMA are illegal simply because the "youth" got hold of them in the 60s and late 80s respectively but before these drugs were in the hands of the youth, there was genuine potential for using these drugs for psychotherapeutic reasons and many scientific studies were conducted which, unfortunately, have not been followed through.

I mean surely we should have been able to learn from history that prohibition was a complete failure. It didn't diminish alcohol intake, it fueled Al Capone's Chicago mafia and caused many inter-gang related wars and deaths

Illegalising drugs makes the drugs themselves more dangerous since they aren't regulated, meaning people will go to dangerous lengths to get their drugs and dealers are pretty sketchy and way more likely to cut their drugs with something dangerous.

To leave substances as dangerous as drugs uncontrolled and produced and distributed by irresponsible cartels and dealers is absolutely crazy in my opinion.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by spazman21
I've had pretty extensive drug experience. Tried drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, MDMA, amphetamine, LSD, DMT, opiates and many other esoteric psychedelics e.g. 4-aco-dmt, 25i-NBOME and 5-meo-DMT.

My experiences with drugs and psychedelics in particular have been wonderful. I think psychedelics, if used in a controlled environment and by stable, sensible people can have serious therapeutic potential. Also, they are simply fascinating and I'm generally interested in altered states of consciousness caused by neurotransmitters firing away in our heads. Some of the most memorable moments of my life have been tripping absolute balls.

Have you tried/heard of ayahuasca?
Original post by g_star_raw_1989
Have you tried/heard of ayahuasca?

I really want to try it. Imagine breaking through of DMT for 3 hours. That would be nuts.

I've never come in contact with it but I'm pretty sure it could be produced with some chemistry knowledge using an MAOI to potentiate DMT and make it last longer.
Original post by Dolly786

Firstly, why the aggressive tone?

Secondly, what about those who drink and smoke? Those two drugs cause far more problems for the NHS than illegal ones.

How about overeating? Or not exercising regularly? There would be far less problems for the NHS if the government regulated society's diet and exercise.

Where do you draw the line and why should the line be drawn at drugs?

Also, I don't use drugs as a "temp fix" but because I'm genuinely interested by them.
Original post by spazman21
I really want to try it. Imagine breaking through of DMT for 3 hours. That would be nuts.

I've never come in contact with it but I'm pretty sure it could be produced with some chemistry knowledge using an MAOI to potentiate DMT and make it last longer.

It is suppose to be just on another level which is hard to imagine given the intensity of DMT.

Yeah, I'm sure it could be, however it would be hard to get a hold of. Going down to the Amazon and having the experience there (which is how it is apparently suppose to be done) would be mind blowing.

Latest

Trending

Trending