The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Drugs- Your Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tier
Haha, I've always got a creative boost from it. Revising history high was always fun, especially when you're doing WWII and find out about Hitler's ridiculousness.

Honestly being that influenced, I would have just wrote "Hitler was a very bad rabbi" or something screwed up like that lol.
Reply 81
GUYS ONE QUESTION!

Which one of you stoners think of WEED EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TOUCH a Dorito??!
Especially Tangy Cheese XD
Reply 82
Original post by iSoftie
GUYS ONE QUESTION!

Which one of you stoners think of WEED EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU TOUCH a Dorito??!
Especially Tangy Cheese XD

This..................is a crazy post.

I don't even smoke regularly.
I rarely ever get munchies.
Yet two days ago I shared a bag of Tangy Cheese Doritos with my friends after smoking a joint.

You, sir, are a curious creature.
Reply 83
Original post by glousck
This..................is a crazy post.

I don't even smoke regularly.
I rarely ever get munchies.
Yet two days ago I shared a bag of Tangy Cheese Doritos with my friends after smoking a joint.

You, sir, are a curious creature.

Well if you rarely get the munchies I dont think you can relate yourself to my post :mad:
Reply 84
Original post by ranbow99
Eating a peanut? really? Never knew that!

I kind of agree with the alcohol though, because it's legal, people seem to think it's not as harmful as some drugs.

Yep :smile:
Can't find the statistic for peanuts now but the one for horseriding is:
Deaths by ecstasy: 1 in 10,000
Deaths by horseriding: 1 in 350

Another interesting statistic is that in the last decade, likelihood of newspapers reporting deaths by paracetomol were 1 in 250 people that died, for diazepam it was 1 in 50 people that died but for ecstasy it was 1 in 3 people that died. Really shows how much the media can distort things as it makes it seems like a lot more people die from xtc because it's reported more often yet in actual fact it's diazepam and paracetomol.

And I agree about the alcohol point. Earlier in this thread someone said "Why do you need drugs to have fun? Why not have a glass of wine instead?" :rolleyes: It's basically the equivalent of saying don't do this drug, do that drug instead.
Drugs are bad m'kay
To be honest, the worst experience I have had at the hands of drugs has been with alcohol. Its legality is deceptive.
Both flatmates have smoked weed before, as have numerous friends and at least one relative.

I wouldn't touch them.

I have a strong family history on both sides of mental illness and addiction, I have an anxiety disorder and depression as it is and could certainly do without it getting any worse.

I'm also completely intolerant to benzodiazapine medication and have had very odd reactions - not physically but mentally. I was given midazolam for an op last year and became very agitated and upset - the staff said I was trying to run from them, threw things at them and was generally very difficult to control - I ended up with 6 staff standing at my head end trying to calm me down, had to be given reversal drugs to take me out of the state I was in. I would rather not try anything else incase the same happens again.

I did though once - rather accidentally - take 60mg of dihydracodeine within 30 minutes, whilst in hospital. Had no effect for a good twelve hours and then I suddenly became very sleepy, walls were breathing and I felt my bed breathing as well. Felt as if I was being lifted to the ceiling, and then lowered again. It was horrible - don't fancy that again!
Original post by user2334
You guys really need to look at what the drugs actually do to you - in ANY portion size.

http://www.talktofrank.com/drugs-a-z

Deluded to the extent it does you no harm? - bit idiotic

Ugh Talk To Frank is just awful. They grasp at every possible straw to make a drug seem bad, spouting off half truths without due elaboration, passing off extremely rare side effects as typical occurrences, failing to distinguish between MDMA and Ecstasy, and so on. Erowid is by far the best source for drug information on the internet as it approaches drugs in a mature scientific manner and actually attempts to reduce harm by providing detailed info that no government site ever would. This site has probably saved a lot of lives, or at least hospital visits. TTF is just crap that no drug user takes seriously anyway.
Reply 89
Original post by daisydaffodil
Both flatmates have smoked weed before, as have numerous friends and at least one relative.

I wouldn't touch them.

I have a strong family history on both sides of mental illness and addiction, I have an anxiety disorder and depression as it is and could certainly do without it getting any worse.

I'm also completely intolerant to benzodiazapine medication and have had very odd reactions - not physically but mentally. I was given midazolam for an op last year and became very agitated and upset - the staff said I was trying to run from them, threw things at them and was generally very difficult to control - I ended up with 6 staff standing at my head end trying to calm me down, had to be given reversal drugs to take me out of the state I was in. I would rather not try anything else incase the same happens again.

I did though once - rather accidentally - take 60mg of dihydracodeine within 30 minutes, whilst in hospital. Had no effect for a good twelve hours and then I suddenly became very sleepy, walls were breathing and I felt my bed breathing as well. Felt as if I was being lifted to the ceiling, and then lowered again. It was horrible - don't fancy that again!

Seems sensible. I noticed you didn't mention alcohol or caffeine. Presumably you avoid these as well?
Acid and weed are fun. Shrooms I'll try eventually. I don't touch anything synthetic.

Some of the most profound experiences in my life have been found under the influence.
Never sniff m cat it's awful.
Acid is great though.

i laughed until my skull felt like it was going to burst and it took me about 2 hours to drink a can of beer.
Original post by Aisha~~
Some of the most profound experiences in my life have been found under the influence.

really? This is the kind of gay post that gives drug people a bad name
Original post by icancount23

Ha ha I kind of agree with you here.

Once had a mate tell me he was an 'elite ****head'

Anyway long story short he took too much of everything and had to be sectioned after being found rambling incoherently naked in a canal.

Moderation is the key.

Really?

I'm far from a "drug person". Considering I smoke weed maybe 2 or 3 times a year, I don't think I qualify. Enjoyable experiences - yes. Something I want to turn into a habit? No.

Thankfully I'm at least past that stage in life where I'm using "gay" as an insult (think that ended around age 13? not sure).
Original post by Aisha~~
Really?

I'm far from a "drug person". Considering I smoke weed maybe 2 or 3 times a year, I don't think I qualify. Enjoyable experiences - yes. Something I want to turn into a habit? No.

Thankfully I'm at least past that stage in life where I'm using "gay" as an insult (think that ended around age 13? not sure).

You didn't respond to me questioning why
Original post by Aisha~~

that is ****ing gay and lame. If you think that that really great invention idea you had when you were baked was a great idea, it wasn't. It was flawed on so many levels and is really ****. No one has any revelations on psychedelics either
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
I'd rather not post on a public forum.

I don't agree with decriminalising most drugs with the exception of weed. I'd like to see Ketamine reclassified though.
Reply 98

that is ****ing gay and lame. If you think that that really great invention idea you had when you were baked was a great idea, it wasn't. It was flawed on so many levels and is really ****. No one has any revelations on psychedelics either

Using gay as an insult... wow.
Reply 99

http://www.themorningnews.org/article/the-heretic

Latest

Trending

Trending