The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

The Nightlife?

Hey I'm applying for Chemistry at Bangor and i was just wondering what the night life is like in Bangor? Some people have told me its virtually non existent?? Really hope this is not true as the Uni looks lovely.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you like sheep?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by tes1996
Do you like sheep?

Well i like your mother so ye i guess so....
Reply 3
Original post by cuckoo99
Well i like your mother so ye i guess so....

What wit and banter
You will get on well in Bangor
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
I heard somewhere that Bangor was supposed to be a mental night out and highly rated, but when I went they mentioned there was only a couple of clubs or maybe only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I go to Bangor, and although there aren't many clubs, only 3, it sure makes up in pubs - there are LOADS!
Reply 7
There's 2 clubs now (Embassy has just shut down) but there's another one opening later this year. They aren't the best but you can still have great nights out. Like the previous poster said there's a load of pubs if that's your thing as well.
Reply 8
Original post by TheGumbyy
There's 2 clubs now (Embassy has just shut down) but there's another one opening later this year. They aren't the best but you can still have great nights out. Like the previous poster said there's a load of pubs if that's your thing as well.

Right ok :/ I live in Brighton where there is like 20/30 clubs and hundreds of bars and pubs so its going to be very different if i go to Bangor.

Whats the freshers week like?
Reply 9
Right ok :/ I live in Brighton where there is like 20/30 clubs and hundreds of bars and pubs so its going to be very different if i go to Bangor.

Whats the freshers week like?

Freshers was decent. We did 6 nights out and there was the usual stuff like pub crawls ending in one of the clubs organised for most nights. The night life is far from the best but it's definitely not non existent there's something going on most nights, I just finished my first semester and we were going out 3/4 nights a week.
Is the area around Bangor University full of hostile or friendly people towards people who are not Welsh? How do most react to "foreign" people, especially to someone who is Asian? I mean I know there is always going to be unfriendly people wherever you go but how are the majority like? :unsure:
Reply 11
Original post by TheGumbyy
Freshers was decent. We did 6 nights out and there was the usual stuff like pub crawls ending in one of the clubs organised for most nights. The night life is far from the best but it's definitely not non existent there's something going on most nights, I just finished my first semester and we were going out 3/4 nights a week.

Sounds promising :smile: I've got an interview for Bangor in February and I'm thinking if i get an offer its going to be my first/insurance choice :smile:.
Reply 12
Hey I'm applying for Chemistry at Bangor and i was just wondering what the night life is like in Bangor? Some people have told me its virtually non existent?? Really hope this is not true as the Uni looks lovely.

Bangor is my firm choice for next year. I have loads of friends there already and therefore visited them and stayed the night. The night life is good and beer is cheap, what else do you need? :smile: Better nightlife than most uni's in Britain, us Welsh know how to party
Reply 13

I'm from Brighton and considering doing chemistry at Bangor too. If I could only choose Coalition or Shooshh in Brighton every night then I wouldn't mind that much- so my reckoning is why fuss about Bangor nightlife? The city (roughly) has a population of 20000 and 10000 are students, so in that respect it's better than Brighton, which is full of middle aged people trying to rekindle their long lost youth by going to clubs.
Reply 14
Original post by Homefire
I'm from Brighton and considering doing chemistry at Bangor too. If I could only choose Coalition or Shooshh in Brighton every night then I wouldn't mind that much- so my reckoning is why fuss about Bangor nightlife? The city (roughly) has a population of 20000 and 10000 are students, so in that respect it's better than Brighton, which is full of middle aged people trying to rekindle their long lost youth by going to clubs.

Ah Nice dude :biggrin: what college do ya go to?
Reply 15
I'm in Worthing College- an extension of Brighton, right? :wink:
Reply 16
there are 3 clubs in bangor and hopefully:P the new pontio will open by the time you guys get here, one of the clubs is being revamped and reopened so should be good but the bars are good :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by EXOticVIPelf
Is the area around Bangor University full of hostile or friendly people towards people who are not Welsh? How do most react to "foreign" people, especially to someone who is Asian? I mean I know there is always going to be unfriendly people wherever you go but how are the majority like? :unsure:

Are you Asian? Coz I'm asian who is planning to go Bangor Uni this year, I wanna know how they feel towards Asian too....
Original post by chanelly
Are you Asian? Coz I'm asian who is planning to go Bangor Uni this year, I wanna know how they feel towards Asian too....
Yes I'm Asian and also planning to go to Bangor this year as well. I've been searching a lot about Bangor and from what I've read Bangor seems to be fine since apparently Bangor is a university city (that's what the man said who my head of sixth form contacted for me since I was worried about living in place which could potentially be hostile since I wear a headscarf).:smile: But then again this could be a biased point of view from people.
Reply 19
Original post by EXOticVIPelf
Yes I'm Asian and also planning to go to Bangor this year as well. I've been searching a lot about Bangor and from what I've read Bangor seems to be fine since apparently Bangor is a university city (that's what the man said who my head of sixth form contacted for me since I was worried about living in place which could potentially be hostile since I wear a headscarf).:smile: But then again this could be a biased point of view from people.

Nice to meet you haha~ Bangor is my first choice too... I come from Hong Kong:smile: Happy to know you would choose Bangor as well! Which course are you going to apply? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest