The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Denver2010
What to do first... I have two assignments due mid May. Tma01 for a151 and tma06 for a230. Both have 4 chapters of work - a230 has two novels, a play and a poetry collection to read as part of these chapters.

I then have my a230 exam at the beginning of June.

Do I blitz the a151 material and get it out of the way or do I focus on a230 and squeeze a151 in afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crikey!! I'd prioritise A230. Get that sorted as it ends in June. Even if you totally mess up the TMA for A151 you'll have plenty of time to turn things around later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Have actually gone the other way... Figured id rush a151 tma then I can concentrate on a230 properly. X
Original post by Denver2010
What to do first... I have two assignments due mid May. Tma01 for a151 and tma06 for a230. Both have 4 chapters of work - a230 has two novels, a play and a poetry collection to read as part of these chapters.

I then have my a230 exam at the beginning of June.

Do I blitz the a151 material and get it out of the way or do I focus on a230 and squeeze a151 in afterwards.

I'd say prioritise the Level 2 over the Level 1, because it can impact on your degree classification.
Original post by Persipan
I'd say prioritise the Level 2 over the Level 1, because it can impact on your degree classification.

Yeah as level 1 you just need to pass the grade (if it offers more than pass/fail) is usually irrelevant.
Reply 8184
Wow this forum has really grown. Seen as OU is small comparing to other universities.
Just wanted to say hi to the forum as I feel a bit of a recluse. About to finish my second year modules doing English Lang and Lit. Also doing my a151 resit - so pretty stressed at the moment haha!
I hope you are all well and that you are looking forward to a long summer like I am! :smile:
Original post by Zogian
Wow this forum has really grown. Seen as OU is small comparing to other universities.
Just wanted to say hi to the forum as I feel a bit of a recluse. About to finish my second year modules doing English Lang and Lit. Also doing my a151 resit - so pretty stressed at the moment haha!
I hope you are all well and that you are looking forward to a long summer like I am! :smile:

The OU is not 'small' though? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8186
Question:

Has anyone done Children's literature (EA300) and/or Myth in the Greek and Roman worlds (A330)

Thinking about doing one of them this October and possibly the other one next year (or the Roman World one when info about that comes out).

Any advice on what they're like/which is better would be gratefully received :yy:
Can you do modular units instead a full on course. Like "L3 counselling" modules and not entire thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8188
Original post by addylad
The OU is not 'small' though? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay so I worded that bit wrong? Sorry :colondollar:
Hi there

I haven't read through this entire thread so i apologise if I've asked any already answered questions.. But I'm looking to start the Computing and IT BSC course in September/October 2014 and I'm just looking for a bit of advice on how it exactly works, how people find it, support you get etc, does the university supply you with books etc? Any one done that course that can give me a bit of an insight? Trying to read up as much as I can!! I will be dedicating my time solely to the course so will be attempting to 120 credits a year so it takes me 3 years to complete the degree
Reply 8190
Original post by courtney-mason
Hi there

I haven't read through this entire thread so i apologise if I've asked any already answered questions.. But I'm looking to start the Computing and IT BSC course in September/October 2014 and I'm just looking for a bit of advice on how it exactly works, how people find it, support you get etc, does the university supply you with books etc? Any one done that course that can give me a bit of an insight? Trying to read up as much as I can!! I will be dedicating my time solely to the course so will be attempting to 120 credits a year so it takes me 3 years to complete the degree

What books you get depends on the module. With TU100, you do get books but the module materials are online too. TM129 is all online. Support varies, some tutors are easier to contact than others. Most modules have Facebook groups though and I've found the TU100 and TM129 ones very useful, very active with lots of helpful people.

I'm just finishing TU100 and I've already done TM129. Some of the materials can be a bit long-winded but I've liked the courses and found them pretty straight-forward and interesting.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by _/AY
What books you get depends on the module. With TU100, you do get books but the module materials are online too. TM129 is all online. Support varies, some tutors are easier to contact than others. Most modules have Facebook groups though and I've found the TU100 and TM129 ones very useful, very active with lots of helpful people.

I'm just finishing TU100 and I've already done TM129. Some of the materials can be a bit long-winded but I've liked the courses and found them pretty straight-forward and interesting.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thankyou very much! What course are you doing ?
Reply 8192
Has anybody taken T215? What's it like? I've seen it described as similar to TU100, is that accurate? I think that I'd prefer to do web technologies and designing applications with Visual Basic but I'm tempted by T215 because it has no exam :tongue:

Original post by courtney-mason
Thankyou very much! What course are you doing ?

I've done TM129 and MST121 and I'm just finishing TU100. All towards the computing/IT degree, still deciding which pathway.
Ah I see, I'm really looking forward to starting it this autumn, I've been going through the prospectus and can't decide what pathway I'll end up choosing !!
Hi. If you own a compost bin can you please complete my survey for T307. It should only take a minute.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TNG72G8

Thanks
Original post by Quiet _One86
Can you do modular units instead a full on course. Like "L3 counselling" modules and not entire thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can, yes. They do recommend that you start at Level 1 though. But that's all it is - a recommendation.

Only 7 more days and then I can finally apply for my next module.
Original post by OU Student
You can, yes. They do recommend that you start at Level 1 though. But that's all it is - a recommendation.

Only 7 more days and then I can finally apply for my next module.

Good to know, as a friend of mine has potentially passed her L3 and wants to do additional units or courses to supplement and for me its about doing again what I have learnt in L3 and not passed to do it in more manageable chunks.
Hi gang.

I'm after 19 more responses to this survey for T307. Can you guys please help out?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MTFCC3D

Thanks
If anyone's a parent (preferably of children around 5-10, or able to remember when their children were that sort of age), would you be good enough to do a survey for me for T217? It's here and should take no more than 5-10 minutes. Ta muchly!

I'm also after three or four people (don't need to be parents for this) to do another sort of mini-survey, for which I'd need to get you to PM me your e-mail address so I could zap over a little sort of worksheet. Anyone able to help? (It's really supposed to be something I do with real-life people, but because I'm sneaky and secretive I'm determined to do my whole degree without actually telling people about it, and then surprise them with it at the end, which does make user research a bit tricky...)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Hi gang.

I'm after 19 more responses to this survey for T307. Can you guys please help out?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MTFCC3D

Thanks

Done!

Quick Reply

Latest