The Student Room Group

Best things to do in Vietnam?

Going this summer, got a few ideas: Saigon-Hoi an-Hanoi-Sapa-Halong bay, but other places along the way and site recommendations would be recommended.
Reply 1
Try eating dogs while you are there. There are restaurants that do the m
Original post by loloway
Try eating dogs while you are there. There are restaurants that do the m

vegetarian :cool:
Reply 3
When you're in Hanoi, definitely arrange a tour with HanoiKids - one of the highlights of my trip. It's a free tour of the city with a university student who wants to practise their english. Well worth it and you end up having the best conversations and seeing the city with someone who knows it inside out.

Also set aside a few days for Hoi An as it is absolutely incredible. So chilled and relaxed in comparison to some of the other places you're heading. I could have stayed there forever. If you like a drink, try the mojito place near the river which was exquisite.

Vietnam's an amazing place - you'll love it!
Original post by Jockie
When you're in Hanoi, definitely arrange a tour with HanoiKids - one of the highlights of my trip. It's a free tour of the city with a university student who wants to practise their english. Well worth it and you end up having the best conversations and seeing the city with someone who knows it inside out.

Also set aside a few days for Hoi An as it is absolutely incredible. So chilled and relaxed in comparison to some of the other places you're heading. I could have stayed there forever. If you like a drink, try the mojito place near the river which was exquisite.

Vietnam's an amazing place - you'll love it!

wow thanks that sounds like a nice thing to do!
Agree with above! Hoi An is so nice. Was there about 2 weeks ago. Rent a bicycle and get a map and just gygle wherever you want! The beach is really nice too. Also got some dresses made which was fun! Have an amazing time!
Check out the diving!

Mark Scott in Nha Trang taught me and he was awesome. In a world of short Asian guys I picked the 6ft 6 American giant to teach me.

He's also hilarious and a great character.
Reply 7
If you get sick of walking, just grab a local and get him to take you on his bike!

The street food looks a bit dodgy, but tastes amazing.
Reply 8
Nha Trang was one of my favourite stops :smile: quite touristy but an amazing beach!! Had my absolute fave hostel: Mojzo Inn

Ha Long Bay & Sapa are amazing :smile:

The War Remnants Museum in Saigon is also done very well, I'd recommend going there.

If you decide to go the the mausoleum in Hanoi, make sure you check the opening times as they are very specific. It is a very unique experience though.

Have fun! xx
How long time do you stay in VN? I recommend you to try Vietnamese cuisine. If you have much time, you can visit Da Lat, Nha Trang, Da Nang.
You can see Halong Bay at this video. It's amazing :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=267303320119555&set=vb.132486473601241&type=2&theater
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest