The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University - 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zain_95
Ah cool, I'm Zain if you hadn't already guessed by the username haha. I did my a levels last year so got an unconditional :smile: Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well hello Zain! Nice to meet you! :smile: well I've done my A levels this year and just waiting for results :s-smilie: Well done for your unconditional!!! I put down de montfort as my insurance but really really really wanna go to Aston! If you don't mind me asking what grades did you get last year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 281
Original post by awesomearps
Well hello Zain! Nice to meet you! :smile: well I've done my A levels this year and just waiting for results :s-smilie: Well done for your unconditional!!! I put down de montfort as my insurance but really really really wanna go to Aston! If you don't mind me asking what grades did you get last year??

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too :smile: I got AAB but I've heard that if you attended the optional interview thing when you had your offer then if you miss one grade they may be a little more lenient. Best of luck for your results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zain_95
You too :smile: I got AAB but I've heard that if you attended the optional interview thing when you had your offer then if you miss one grade they may be a little more lenient. Best of luck for your results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh okay thanks! I'll bear that in mind! Maybe see you in September then haha! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Listener15
Applied and firmed for psychology single honours :wink: - hopefully grades (especially the boundaries) permitted!!!

Good luck for results everyone

PM me if anyone else doing psychology and would like to know someone else beforehand!

Firmed for Aston Psychology too! Good luck with your results! :smile:
Original post by rebeccakartal
I'm doing psychology too :biggrin:

Me too! Have you firmed Aston?
Is anyone going to be in Mary Sturge C4? :smile:
Original post by CharlotteAC
Is anyone going to be in Mary Sturge C4? :smile:

Hello, I'm going to be in the same accommodation building as you :redface: I'm on floor 5
Anyone gonna be in William Murdoch A1?
Original post by RobinsonJ96
Hello, I'm going to be in the same accommodation building as you :redface: I'm on floor 5

Cool! I'm on floor 3 so we'll be living quite close to each other! I'll probably see you at Freshers or something?
How lenient are Aston if i put them down as my insurance?
Hey, I'll be doing Psychology BSc at Aston this year I am restarting the first year after dropping out half way through last year for some personal issues.

I can tell you with offers for most subjects if you FIRM Aston they are fairly lenient so if you need an AAB they would let you with ABB or AAC for sure possibly even BBB
Original post by paul514
Hey, I'll be doing Psychology BSc at Aston this year I am restarting the first year after dropping out half way through last year for some personal issues.

I can tell you with offers for most subjects if you FIRM Aston they are fairly lenient so if you need an AAB they would let you with ABB or AAC for sure possibly even BBB

Yeah, I agree. I got my results last year and after a year of full time work, I decided to go to university. I got BBB in my A-Levels and was offered an unconditional place at Aston so they seem lenient!
Hi I wanted to know if anyone is doing or is thinking of doing microbiology (or a similar course) at Aston. I've just done AS (after retaking the year) and I was wondering if this'll affect my chances of receiving an offer for when i apply next year, also is Aston good for sciences? I wouldn't need to worry about accommodation since I live in Bham haha.
hello, i did my foundation year at Aston and will be moving on to chem eng. i would like to find out the movein date for home students and also if u need and information about Aston or Birmingham i will try my best to help.
Original post by OnlyAlexHere
Anyone gonna be in William Murdoch A1?

i am william murdoch A1 floor 7 :smile:
Original post by CharlotteAC
Me too! Have you firmed Aston?

Yeah i have :smile:
Reply 296
Hi, anyone doing marketing?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by astonlover
i am william murdoch A1 floor 7 :smile:

ahah cool i'm in A1 floor 2, I'll probably see you around