The Student Room Group

Which uni should i pick?

I've got an offer from 2 unis and i'm not sure which one to pick: Uni of leicester - ABB, Aston uni - BCC this course is for CS. I would probably prefer Leicester especially since people say it's better than aston, and i feel like i would fit in a bit more, but i'm not sure if those 2 reasons are worth it since the entry requirements for aston are quite lower than leicester. i can't accept both as i will be accepting a russel group as my firm
Any advice is appreciated, thanks guys
Original post by Sss.bbbb
I've got an offer from 2 unis and i'm not sure which one to pick: Uni of leicester - ABB, Aston uni - BCC this course is for CS. I would probably prefer Leicester especially since people say it's better than aston, and i feel like i would fit in a bit more, but i'm not sure if those 2 reasons are worth it since the entry requirements for aston are quite lower than leicester. i can't accept both as i will be accepting a russel group as my firm

Are either with a year in industry?
Reply 2
As above - the opportunity for any sort of work placement - or study abroad - will add heaps to your graduate CV.
Other than that, look carefully at the option units for all years of each course and think about which ones you would choose each year if you went there.
Reply 3
Why can't you pick Leicester as your firm and Aston as your insurance?
Original post by Artjen

I agree with this.
Both courses do offer a year in industry and both would be fine for future career choices.
If you prefer Leicester and prefer the modules it offers then that's your choice made. If you have the chance to go to open days, this will help confirm your feelings before you put it in UCAS
Reply 5
Original post by Artjen

No he doesn't want to do that because he is going to apply to a russel group as his first, which i think is fair
Reply 6
It depends what the russel groups requires and what predicted u think u can get
Reply 7
If the russel is AAA, and u think u can achieve AAA but u may slip up in 2 id but Leicester.
Reply 8
If your results go REALLY badly, god forbid, im sure Aston or similar universities will do clearing. Id look into unis which normally go into clearing if you can, and take a look
Reply 9
Original post by ageshallnot
Original post by Sss.bbbb

Are either with a year in industry?

neither of them are
Reply 10
Original post by Singam21
If your results go REALLY badly, god forbid, im sure Aston or similar universities will do clearing. Id look into unis which normally go into clearing if you can, and take a look

yeah i think ill just put leicester as back up , thank you for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending