The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Pharmacy At Aston ( Clearing)

Hi I wanted to know if clearing is possible at Aston University for pharmacy. I’ve been at keele studying biomed and realised it isn’t for me and I’ve applied for nursing in UoB and later found out that isn’t for me either. I then looked into pharmacy and I’m certain this is the right way to go (even if a foundation year is included). I got D*D*D in my BTEC extended applied science. And my GCSEs are fairly good, all Cs or better. So I was just wondering would there be any chance?
Original post by 6wais
Hi I wanted to know if clearing is possible at Aston University for pharmacy. I’ve been at keele studying biomed and realised it isn’t for me and I’ve applied for nursing in UoB and later found out that isn’t for me either. I then looked into pharmacy and I’m certain this is the right way to go (even if a foundation year is included). I got D*D*D in my BTEC extended applied science. And my GCSEs are fairly good, all Cs or better. So I was just wondering would there be any chance?

Hi there,

There are a few ways you can get into the pharmacy course at Aston: using BTEC, going through foundation, transferring from a degree in a related field (yr 1 transfer only), or hoping for clearing (which is a bit risky). You can go through the detailed entry requirements on here https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/pharmacy-mpharm/september-2022 . I can't give you more specific advice as I'm unsure of the timeline of your Biomed degree and your nursing application/degree. You can also ask the admissions team more questions here [email protected].

Hope this has helped.

*Ethel
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

There are a few ways you can get into the pharmacy course at Aston: using BTEC, going through foundation, transferring from a degree in a related field (yr 1 transfer only), or hoping for clearing (which is a bit risky). You can go through the detailed entry requirements on here https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/pharmacy-mpharm/september-2022 . I can't give you more specific advice as I'm unsure of the timeline of your Biomed degree and your nursing application/degree. You can also ask the admissions team more questions here [email protected].

Hope this has helped.

*Ethel

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible for me to apply for pharmacy at aston if I've done a Pharmaceutical science foundation year at the university of Wolverhampton (I can't see a foundation year on Aston's website) if I get a BCC in A level psychology, biology, and chemistry
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible for me to apply for pharmacy at aston if I've done a Pharmaceutical science foundation year at the university of Wolverhampton (I can't see a foundation year on Aston's website) if I get a BCC in A level psychology, biology, and chemistry

Hi did you manage to find out if its possible?
Original post by Samreenbhayat
Hi did you manage to find out if its possible?

from their website.
We consider external foundation programmes for entry into our year 1 programmes on a case-by-case basis. We will always require applicants to have met the following criteria prior to application:

5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including Maths and English. You need achieve a total of three A Levels, BBB in any subjects OR CCC including one science from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Maths.

Any conditional offers made will be based on meeting a specific grade in your foundation programme. In order to be considered you will need to submit a UCAS application as we do not accept direct applications.

Quick Reply

Latest