The Student Room Group

The stationery and organisation thread MK II!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
Oooh, good idea! :biggrin:
I have a feeling we've been told, but I think we're focusing on Victorian literature and love :smile:

Sounds good, enjoy it!
Original post by Anonymous #2
Sounds good, enjoy it!

I'm really looking forward to it :yes:
So I'm going stationery shopping with a few friends on Tuesday, and the only places that we really have are WHSmiths, Rymans, Wilko and Poundland... Does anyone have anything cool they got from these places? I don't *need* anything, I'm just looking for cute extra stationery :smile:

WHSmith is really good right now for actual useful stationery (thinking pens, folders and that kind of stuff) as they have a few deals on. Wilkos has some really cute stuff in most of the time. They generally have a few different themed items at once. Poundland also have some cute things - I bought some paperclips the other day and they're shaped as fish and ducks :3
Original post by katehlouise
WHSmith is really good right now for actual useful stationery (thinking pens, folders and that kind of stuff) as they have a few deals on. Wilkos has some really cute stuff in most of the time. They generally have a few different themed items at once. Poundland also have some cute things - I bought some paperclips the other day and they're shaped as fish and ducks :3

They all sound great, I'm going to have far too much fun on tuesday :biggrin:
They all sound great, I'm going to have far too much fun on tuesday :biggrin:

No such thing as too much fun! Especially if it's stationery fun :h:
Original post by Peaches and Cream

I vote that we make this the official motto of this thread!
I'm really looking forward to it :yes:

Wish I was starting college again :frown: Ps pleaaaase post a picture of your stationery on Tuesday :tongue:
Original post by economicsgirl2014
Hey I just read your post about extra wide dividers would you or anyone be able to tell me where I can find those from please.

Hey, boring answer here but i genuinely just use amazon for extra wide dividers, ive never looked for them anywhere else because we just happened to need them when we did an amazon order one day :smile:

i think staples probably do them and whsmiths too :smile:
Reply 288
Thanks for that, can you tell me if these are wide enough, as I am thinking to use plastic wallets in my file and wondering if I will be able to see the divider tabs past the end of the plastic wallet.

The current standard size ones I have are not wide enough, the plastic wallet just covers the tabs

Extra wide dividers are perfectly sized for things in plastic wallets. I file everything in wallets to stop it getting messy, and I use them as they are just right. Though a handy tip if you don't have any and need one - you can lay a normal one on top of a plastic wallet, mark where the tab sticks out, cut a small slit and then put the divider in the wallet, to do a DIY extra wide one. I have done this to not waste normal dividers in study notes, but always use extra wide ones for nice folders like portfolios.

xxx
Original post by Peaches and Cream

Original post by Sicaspeak

I'm going to edit the first post with this quote, YES! I love it!
Original post by hellokittymad
I mean, sorry didn't clarify, my epi pens, inhalers, spacer / aerochamber and cream :smile:

That is a lott more than me... Not aure if it woukd work but what about a three section pencil case?

Original post by cassicles
Right? I just keep refreshing my thread every 5 minutes in the hopes of seeing more beautiful hauls!

Preach
Original post by Sicaspeak

Original post by cassicles
I'm going to edit the first post with this quote, YES! I love it!

Awwww you guys! :colondollar: don't make me blush :wink:

Hehe, it would be an honour! :h:
Original post by katehlouise
Here (: http://www.lifeofkitty.co.uk/
I've done a few posts on stationery recently but there's also some book reviews and personal posts mixed in :3

Here's the linky box: http://www.lifeofkitty.co.uk/stationery-first-linky-box-post/

I blog about books too! Thiugh in a very rambling way...
like your review system..
plugging.. http://bookwormsuk.blogspot.co.uk/
love to all book and stationery lovers!!
Original post by kpwxx
Extra wide dividers are perfectly sized for things in plastic wallets. I file everything in wallets to stop it getting messy, and I use them as they are just right. Though a handy tip if you don't have any and need one - you can lay a normal one on top of a plastic wallet, mark where the tab sticks out, cut a small slit and then put the divider in the wallet, to do a DIY extra wide one. I have done this to not waste normal dividers in study notes, but always use extra wide ones for nice folders like portfolios.

xxx

I'd just like to say this is genius. I never would have thought of that!
Going to treat myself to lots of stationary tomorrow. Does anyone know any online stores that I should have a look at before I spend all my money on the usual high street stores?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for that, can you tell me if these are wide enough, as I am thinking to use plastic wallets in my file and wondering if I will be able to see the divider tabs past the end of the plastic wallet.

The current standard size ones I have are not wide enough, the plastic wallet just covers the tabs

Thats exactly the reason i got them, because i couldn't see the regular ones because of the plastic wallets :P Yes you are able to see the wide ones
is it bad I really want to make a 'Whats in my Uni bag?' video just so I can show off about all the awesome things I've got?

I know for a fact I'm going to be that girl on my first day :colondollar:

ah well, I've had my place for 4 months so I've had too much time to get excited :P
Reply 297
Subbed! Got my new Lily Pulitzer today yum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I'd just like to say this is genius. I never would have thought of that!

I learnt the idea through this thread a couple of years ago :smile:

xxx
Original post by simplylldxo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409420298.413551.jpgGuess who went stationery shopping? Everything but the permanent markers is from Asda, the markers are from Poundland :smile:

I got most I my stuff from asda too! The index cards are only lined on one side though, and are quite thin :frown: their fineliners are really good though! And I wish I had that index card holder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending