The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Applicants and Offer Holders for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bellxo
Has anybody started looking at accomodation? No idea what to go for! Anybody know any recommendations?

I
t probably depends on what you're looking for - price? Distance from campus? En-suite? Mixed gender?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Emilia9
Anybody apply for international relations and legal studies? I'm still waiting for a reply....

I applied for international relations and politics and still waiting! Sent my application on 29th of December!
Original post by Emilia9
Anybody apply for international relations and legal studies? I'm still waiting for a reply....

I applied to politics and international relations still waiting! Sent my application 29th of December!
Original post by bellxo
Has anybody started looking at accomodation? No idea what to go for! Anybody know any recommendations?

New Carnegie Court, if you can afford it. It's £140 per week (2015/16 price) has an ensuite and a biggish Kitchen/living room. Compared to the other accommodation on offer.
Original post by lisa21997
I applied to politics and international relations still waiting! Sent my application 29th of December!

Damn, idk what's taking so long.....
Original post by bellxo

you have the time to look carefully at it as they do not open before may.
Is this normal that Aberdeen still hasn't replied? I'm worried because I'm an EU applicant and that there might not be enough spots...is the competition really strong?
Original post by Emilia9
Is this normal that Aberdeen still hasn't replied? I'm worried because I'm an EU applicant and that there might not be enough spots...is the competition really strong?

Very normal, don't worry! Aberdeen are notorious for taking ages to reply. They are having to be very careful this year as they oversubscribed by quite a bit last year and it caused a huge issue with accommodation, so they're probably taking their time even more than usual. Don't be too worried :smile:. When I was applying (2 years ago) I was told if they knew they didn't want me, they'd have rejected me straight away because they wouldn't keep an application open if they definitely didn't me there. It was the best bit of advice I got! In this case, no news really is good news because you know they are at least seriously considering your application :smile:.
Original post by GoingToBurst
Very normal, don't worry! Aberdeen are notorious for taking ages to reply. They are having to be very careful this year as they oversubscribed by quite a bit last year and it caused a huge issue with accommodation, so they're probably taking their time even more than usual. Don't be too worried :smile:. When I was applying (2 years ago) I was told if they knew they didn't want me, they'd have rejected me straight away because they wouldn't keep an application open if they definitely didn't me there. It was the best bit of advice I got! In this case, no news really is good news because you know they are at least seriously considering your application :smile:.

Well, thank you, that certainly is a relief! :smile:
Are you a student there?
Original post by Emilia9
Well, thank you, that certainly is a relief! :smile:
Are you a student there?

Yeah I'm just finishing my second year :smile:. Is Aberdeen you first choice?
Really? How do you like it? :smile:
What's your field? If I get accepted, then it's definitely my first choice!
Original post by Emilia9
Really? How do you like it? :smile:
What's your field? If I get accepted, then it's definitely my first choice!

Absolutely love it, couldn't see myself anywhere else!
I study accountancy and finance. One of my classes this semester is shared between business school and legal studies students though, and I see you're doing that so if you have any questions, fire away!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:. Do you have any other offers yet?
It's sounds amazing, thank you so much! ^^ If people in Aberdeen are like that, I cannot wait!
I have one offer from Kent and one rejection from Edinburgh :biggrin:
Original post by Emilia9
It's sounds amazing, thank you so much! ^^ If people in Aberdeen are like that, I cannot wait!
I have one offer from Kent and one rejection from Edinburgh :biggrin:

We're a lovely bunch in Aberdeen :biggrin:.

Aw that's exciting though! Hope you hear back from Aberdeen soon :smile:.
Thank you, me too! It's sounds like a wonderful place! ^^
Just got an offer! AABB for History!
Hey there :-) Im Slovak, got an offer for Psychology & French in Aberdeen, anybody going to study in the same faculty?
Original post by baars
Yes, I'm Czech and applying for MA psychology. Hopefully, I will hear from them soon as well :smile:.

Hey neighbour, Im Slovak and applied for French&Psychology BA, have you heard of their decision yet? If not, I wish you vela stastia :-)
Reply 518
I have an offer for History at Aberdeen and i don't know if i should firm them. I also have an offer from Stirling. Rejections from the other three (St Andrews, Dundee and Strathclyde).

Which should i put as my first choice?
Congrats to everyone recieving offers today! I'm a second year student at the University of Aberdeen (eeeek, until exams finish in a few of weeks!) and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have (if I can) or chat away if you want a familiar face in Aberdeen when you get here :smile:.

Original post by lala4
I have an offer for History at Aberdeen and i don't know if i should firm them. I also have an offer from Stirling. Rejections from the other three (St Andrews, Dundee and Strathclyde).

Which should i put as my first choice?

I, personally, would choose Aberdeen (obviously, as I'm already a student here), but the decision is ultimately up to you. No one else can tell you what it is you want to get out of your university experience, so it makes it a difficult thing to help with.
Do you value the reputation more? The style of campus? The location of the campus? The course content? The available societies/sports teams? The nightlife? The public transport? The chances of getting a job as a student?

Aberdeen has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the UK and has also been recently voted the safest student city in the UK. It is also rated higher for your course. These things are all great, but if you can see yourself fitting in at Stirling better, then it'd be in your best interest to choose them :smile:. Hope that helped a wee bit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending