The Student Room Group

GSM London ( Greenwich School Of Management) Greenford Campus

Scroll to see replies

@Sonia_25

Please stop, it's pathetic that as a staff member you come on here spreading false lies and propaganda. Face it you can't keep sweeping your problems under a mat. Get real, the majority of students that were there would never recommend that Cesspit of an institute.
Original post by Dimple1234
Very bad college. I'm studying there and regret my decision of joining the institute. No support, they just tune you out when you speak to them (student advisory) or do not pick up the phone. they take lunchbreaks and close early whenever you try to go speak to them when you come in on days you have lessons. Useless to go speak to them if they don't resolve any of your queries. The finance team are often talking about scoring weed with each other and even if you are infront of them they carry on a conversation with each other and do not focus on why you've come there. VLE team doesn't respond to email queries by students, even though they should know we only ever contact them if its urgent otherwise we would not bother.

They don't give you study books you need to buy yourself, the library has got very few of the core texts required for study. They tell you to either buy yourself or read online but the system for online reading is cumbersome and you can't copy the text, diagrams and graphs from the books in the online text, also the online system crashes regularly and you have no access. Similarly the computer classes the computers regularly crash, lessons in computing are difficult to get through , library computers forget it every 1 minute the pc's crash there (the server is overburdened). You need to bring your own laptop everytime you have a computer lesson.

They have a student engagement team that is supposed to take all your problems to senior management but its only for show, the student engagement do not resolve any problems, when I have spoken to the lady she just says; "yah yah yah, when I joined university my lecturers made me spend £700 worth on books that I didn't need" "yah that is true the computers are crashing" meanwhile she's not dealing with the issues I've raised.

If you want to come here any new students, be ready for all of this, other student that are here, please advise what we should do, wait for the one year to finish then move, do we leave what alternatives are there for us? Can we trust another college will it be more of the same?

Hi Dimple1234,

As a former student and now a member of staff at GSM London, I am really sorry to hear about your issues above and I can assure you that this is not how we would like our students to experience studying with us.

If you can direct message or email me - [email protected] - we can discuss the above and any other queries you have; so that we can formally submit this as a complaint and work out a resolution.

Kind Regards,
Dale Godfrey, GSM London
Agreed the amount of stress they put me through due to their mistakes & a lack of organisation. Yes some universities might do mistakes, but GSM London has gone overboard where they deliberately make these unprofessional mistakes.

Original post by Shimmyoyo
@Sonia_25

Please stop, it's pathetic that as a staff member you come on here spreading false lies and propaganda. Face it you can't keep sweeping your problems under a mat. Get real, the majority of students that were there would never recommend that Cesspit of an institute.
Reply 23
i am a current student at gem so far my experience was ok until this second siemester when looking at my timetable and attending a class i noiced on the sigining board it read 1 student which i thought weirs then when my tutor appeared her register had 1 student on the register been my self i am disgusted at this as i am under wel being i also feel i was isolated and ws unable to complete group activities as the lack of other students in my class made it unatainable i would like to know why would any member of the timetable team with such a huge volume of students attending the campus feel it justifed in placing me on my own i have emailed student hub to date no satisfactory response i my self am having doubts as to the competency of the staff arranging each individual timetable .
Reply 24
Original post by GSM London
Hi Dimple1234,

As a former student and now a member of staff at GSM London, I am really sorry to hear about your issues above and I can assure you that this is not how we would like our students to experience studying with us.

If you can direct message or email me - [email protected] - we can discuss the above and any other queries you have; so that we can formally submit this as a complaint and work out a resolution.
/

Kind Regards,
Dale Godfrey, GSM London

Dale
Good day your email address is not the normal email address whats happened to the ac.co.uk? i am a current student at gsm and i would agree with many people the support is terrible as for the passing the buck the staff on the ground flloor student hub is poorly supported that area has 2 receptionist only who take your query and send u through to sit on a ticket system the queue is always outside the door to full not enough help fast enough i have been place in a class by my self in a lesson how is that fair i cannot group interect because of this i have put a complaint in as the very next day the same class is in operation with a much filled class why was i put in a class by my self and gsm feel they can send me a timetable like that its upsetting i am under well being i struggle enough without feeling isolated or segregated from other i do not feel that the timetable dept is efficent enough they have made so many class mistakes some people have just 1 day or 2 days with no modules included this place needs invesigating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending