The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics Unit 2 Exam 4th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
Exams suck man

Really hate the UK system of everything written based. Like you said, once poor performance and literally its over. AH

I know and then everyone just assumes you haven't worked hard enough - it's just so annoying! And most of the time it's small mistakes like not reading the question properly or just realising you've chosen the wrong question arghh :frown:
The exam is on Thursday right?
weds day :/
looool why did i abbreviate it then continue it looool im so tired
The 40 markers require 4 points for and 4 points against, is this correct?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by sophiamarni
weds day :/

Nah its thursday
4th is thursday lol
Who else is only learning Parliament and Constitution? :smile:
Reply 47
I'm doing Parliament, Constitution and Judiciary, just in case Parliament and Constitution are in the same section, which I believe they never have been. Anyway I have another exam in the morning so I'm a bit worried my performance in this may not be the best, but we'll have to wait and see :smile:
Original post by Gee1214
Asses significance of reforms since 1997
How far have reforms since 1997 affected democracy?
How have reforms since 1997 affected power?
Assess the UK constitution
How has sovereignty changed location in recent years?
How far is the UK constitution out of date?

1997 reforms were the 25 marker for last year so I highly doubt they will come up again
Original post by marthakirby
me 🙋 🙋 🙋

Yay! A kindred spirit :wink:
it seems like literally no one (including myself) has revised for this
Reply 51
Nice to know im not alone in my struggles, thanks guys
I want to so badly revise just two topics but that damn risk of having them both come up in the same section
Original post by Gee1214
Asses significance of reforms since 1997
How far have reforms since 1997 affected democracy?
How have reforms since 1997 affected power?
Assess the UK constitution
How has sovereignty changed location in recent years?
How far is the UK constitution out of date?

Are these the only 40 mark questions that are likely to come up? Or could they ask advantages/disadvantages of codified/uncodified?
x x x
Original post by knifeblade
I want to so badly revise just two topics but that damn risk of having them both come up in the same section

Same so tempted but I will literally kick myself when they choose this year to mix it up and put them together aagh
Original post by knifeblade
The 40 markers require 4 points for and 4 points against, is this correct?

No a 40 marker just a 25 marker but longer. 5-6 points with balance, can be 4 for and 2 against if need be, it doesn't need to be 50/50 balance. Best way to pad it out is to just use a ton of examples
For the questions concerning controversy, say to what extent have the coalition government's proposals to reform the UK constitution been controversial or in which ways are the HRA controversial? What structure do we use to answer those? Do you do.....
1) yes it's controversial, no it's not
2) yes it's controversial but it's a positive thing, yes it's controversial but it's a negative thing
3)something completely different?

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
what prime minister and cabinet questions can come up?
Reply 58
Original post by marthakirby
Are these the only 40 mark questions that are likely to come up? Or could they ask advantages/disadvantages of codified/uncodified?
x x x

Can still ask other ones. They're just ones that have come up previously and are in the revision guide.
Reply 59
Did people talk about other parties in 4c such as UKIP and SNP? And for the 25 marker on elections make a case for, can u structure it by having 3 big paragraphs on why change is needed and evaluation paragraphs instead. I didn't go into too much detail on PR as part b of that question was all about it so I doubt they would want u to repeat what u wrote on b.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending