The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 Exam (9th June) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Lonely don
Dude i revised biology in feb/march and i made notes on all of it from the CGP guide and memorised everything

it got to a point where i could leave it for a week and id still recall it.

I did the june 2013 paper on thursdday night and i got a B 6 marks off an A.

Let me tell you something.the last time i went oved the b1 content in my head was last sunday/monday i think....

but after getting that B i just went to sleep and what can i say IT WAS EASIEST EXAM EVER out of 14 which i have done so far.

But the only bummer was that i missed out 3 questions a total of 6 marks

But since the paper was easy the boundaries will be harsher

You're in the minority who found it easy, so you are probably incorrect about the boundaries being harsher. I'm positive they well be more lenient.
Original post by Harryffc
My father is a examiner for GCSEs in the aqa exam board and he has copies of all the aqa papers at home. Lol I was looking at them they are pretty damn hard.

\

What topics should we revise for C1 and P1? xxxx
Here 2190 9014 3013 7794

Ill be binning my guide after tuesday

I threw my bio book away yesterday

just stick them on ebay, might earn a bit of cash
Original post by aadil10
just stick them on ebay, might earn a bit of cash

What £3 lol
Original post by lucasfraser
You're in the minority who found it easy, so you are probably incorrect about the boundaries being harsher. I'm positive they well be more lenient.

Either ways i hope we all pass
Original post by mediaya
Just to inform you we all agree that this time the B1 AQA was all about maths and interpreting data and graph so if you agree and want the boundaries to be lower could u please sign this petition
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-aqa-b1-gcse-2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok no offense but i dont see the point in thus petition.

All your doing is reducing the already slim chances of the EDEXCEL msths petition which aims to lower the grade boundaries

We should all back that not this

Maths is needed
you cann afford to fail bio but no maths

Im trying to get a C in it
Surely the grade boundaries are based on a percentage of the population getting each grade?
What £3 lol

£3 can turn into £50 in a matter of hours :biggrin:
Ok no offense but i dont see the point in thus petition.

All your doing is reducing the already slim chances of the EDEXCEL msths petition which aims to lower the grade boundaries

We should all back that not this

Maths is needed
you cann afford to fail bio but no maths

Im trying to get a C in it

That makes no sense. Edexcel and AQA are two completely seperate exam boards so neither petition will effect each other. I don't understand why someone can afford to fail biology and not maths either considering the grades you get from your all your GCSEs are the things that will effect wehre you'll study for sixth form.
Reply 49
Guys can you please stop arguing about petitions for 2 reasons:

1. It won't work exam boards aren't going to listen to 15/ 16 year olds complaining about the difficulty of the exam - they know how hard the exams were and everyone will get the grade they deserve for how much they were able to apply their knowledge to the questions. Which to be fair weren't "disastrously" difficult they were hard alright but to make a petition is just ridiculous
2. This is a thread for CHEMISTRY and if you want to spread your petition you're gonna have to do it elsewhere cause I don't support it and I don't want you to ruin the chemistry revision here
Reply 50
Original post by mediaya
Just to inform you we all agree that this time the B1 AQA was all about maths and interpreting data and graph so if you agree and want the boundaries to be lower could u please sign this petition
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lower-the-grade-boundaries-for-aqa-b1-gcse-2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop
My father is a examiner for GCSEs in the aqa exam board and he has copies of all the aqa papers at home. Lol I was looking at them they are pretty damn hard.

What topics should we revise? Pm?
Hiiii, could someone please help me on fraction distillation? :smile:
Original post by Gcse123321
Hiiii, could someone please help me on fraction distillation? :smile:

sure what part are you stuck on? x
Chemistry is so hard :frown: , don't know how il pass this , the only thing I know is about atomic structure and advantages and disadvantages on quarrying limestone :'( , don't think I'll be passing chemistry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mediaya

Posted from TSR Mobile

The grade boundaries are based on the marks everyone got, a certain % of people always get each grade, so if a lot of people got low marks, the grade boundaries will lower accordingly. You're basically signing a petition to get the exam boards to carry on with what they were doing anyway.

That means chem&phys are hard, damn.
Original post by Mariax11
sure what part are you stuck on? x

Just the process, if I get asked a question on it I wouldn't know what to say you see
Original post by omaymah1678
Chemistry is so hard :frown: , don't know how il pass this , the only thing I know is about atomic structure and advantages and disadvantages on quarrying limestone :'( , don't think I'll be passing chemistry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

same! i was hoping to do well on biology but i did terribly
what are the disadvantages of displacement reactions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending