What did you get in your gcse's

Scroll to see replies

Original post by woopwoop1
5 A* 5 A

Well done :smile:
How did you revise? :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done :smile: How did you revise ? :biggrin:

Uhhhh for sciences I watched all of the mygcsescience videos twice each, maths I did past papers and went to revision sessions and the others I either looked over the night before or showed up and hoped for the best. I don't recommend!!!
How did you lovely peeps revise?
Well done all x

Grades in the spoiler below, totalling 3A* and 8A :smile:

The one exam I wanted an A* I was 5 UMS marks off, I probably should have done more past papers for it as I mostly just read revision guides for GCSE.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 183
3A*, 5A 2B, it's okay but I know I could have done a lot better.
Lol How much did you revise during the easter holidays?

I remember making brief notes on the whole chemistry spec, some parts of physics & a fair bit for history (so many dates to remember!) - however, I'd say just revise until you feel mostly comfortable with each spec :smile:

Also, it's easier to go over everything (and I do mean everything) for your mocks, so you can chill a little when your actual GCSEs come around. In other words, make notes until you're sick of making notes/you have to take your exam/you legitimately know everything off by heart.
Original post by cynicphysicist
Depends what you class as indie, haha :tongue:
The Neighbourhood are pretty good, same goes for Glass Animals, Kraftwerk and Frank Zappa.

Do you like The Cure ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
CCC

No revision.

Had been predicted 8A* 3A. Feelsbadman.
can guarantee no one on this entire forum got worse then me
Original post by shawtyb
can guarantee no one on this entire forum got worse then me

What did you get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
What did you get ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

f..u..d..g..e

im not even joking. there were serious reasons behind it though and iv spent my time since building the grades back up and im now at university :smile:
Original post by shawtyb
f..u..d..g..e

im not even joking. there were serious reasons behind it though and iv spent my time since building the grades back up and im now at university :smile:

Well done for getting to uni. I know what you mean. What uni are you studying at and what are you studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Well done for getting to uni. I know what you mean. What uni are you studying at and what are you studying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it really sucked, effected the last year of school and couldnt return, bullying sucks!
im at university of essex studying business management. although first year doesnt count towards classification (about to head into 2nd year) im heading towards 2:2
Original post by shawtyb
it really sucked, effected the last year of school and couldnt return, bullying sucks!
im at university of essex studying business management. although first year doesnt count towards classification (about to head into 2nd year) im heading towards 2:2

Nice. I wish you all the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 A*, 4As, 5Bs, 1C
Managed my time well, started learning way earlier so I had time to revise when it came closer to exams. And if I didn't understand topics I wasn't scared of asking for help from teachers and friends after school. Watching youtube videos for sciences helped too. But mainly do past papers again and again. Good luck :smile:

Well done :smile:
How did you revise? :smile:
Reply 195
4A*s, 4As and B.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I did virtually no revision, 3 hours a day at the most because GCSEs were disgustingly easy.

i dont think its the difficulty of comprehending particular parts of the syllabus, its just that there is quite alot of content to cover/memorise
got my exams this year im hoping for 4xB in english lang, maths, computing and ict. With atleast 2xC's
so im able to do a-levels (PLS PRAY FOR ME!!!) ktybai
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shawtyb
f..u..d..g..e

I just realised that your grades spell fudge 🤓😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by cynicphysicist
I remember making brief notes on the whole chemistry spec, some parts of physics & a fair bit for history (so many dates to remember!) - however, I'd say just revise until you feel mostly comfortable with each spec :smile:

Also, it's easier to go over everything (and I do mean everything) for your mocks, so you can chill a little when your actual GCSEs come around. In other words, make notes until you're sick of making notes/you have to take your exam/you legitimately know everything off by heart.

"fair bit for history"

there's too much....

Quick Reply

Latest