The Student Room Group

Keep getting rejected

Hi, I am now in year 11 and i applied for at least 10 sixth forms. And till now 5 rejected me. Am I really that bad? I was hoping Harris Westminster could get me an offer but they put me on the waiting list. And for LAE Stratford, they said they won't continue my application just because of my predicted grade. The only sixth form I am waiting for is LAET, but cos I failed to go to LAE Stratford I guess the chance is tiny. What should I do now? The worst thing is in my recent mock, my maths grade dropped from 9 to 7. I was literally crying in the bathroom for an hour. My teacher kept saying it was because of exam pressure but I did 2 GCSEs last year so it won't be the case. Any suggestions on what to do next? I feel miserable.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Winni2pool
just give up, no sixth forms accept you anyway. You might as well not to do gcse.

I think that’s bad advice to give.
Original post by Sumikko
Hi, I am now in year 11 and i applied for at least 10 sixth forms. And till now 5 rejected me. Am I really that bad? I was hoping Harris Westminster could get me an offer but they put me on the waiting list. And for LAE Stratford, they said they won't continue my application just because of my predicted grade. The only sixth form I am waiting for is LAET, but cos I failed to go to LAE Stratford I guess the chance is tiny. What should I do now? The worst thing is in my recent mock, my maths grade dropped from 9 to 7. I was literally crying in the bathroom for an hour. My teacher kept saying it was because of exam pressure but I did 2 GCSEs last year so it won't be the case. Any suggestions on what to do next? I feel miserable.

Personally from experience, I got on the waiting list for my college I’m currently attending due to how my GCSES mock grades didn’t meet the entry requirement. Just have faith and be patience (and I know that it’s difficult and you’re anxious) but I got into my college after I got my GCSES grades.
Reply 3
Original post by Maariya02
Personally from experience, I got on the waiting list for my college I’m currently attending due to how my GCSES mock grades didn’t meet the entry requirement. Just have faith and be patience (and I know that it’s difficult and you’re anxious) but I got into my college after I got my GCSES grades.
Thanks, i want to know if it is easy to go in to that school if I am on the waiting list?
Original post by Sumikko
Thanks, i want to know if it is easy to go in to that school if I am on the waiting list?

If they put you on the waiting list, it usually means that your 50/50 chance of getting in and not. But they usually wait until after GCSES I think. And then contact you about your place cause that’s what happened with me
They will probably have accepted lots of people that won't end up going there so lots of spaces will probably open up once results are in.
If you are on waiting list, there is a chance - I know people who get in to their sixth form from waiting list.
Also can you stay in your current school for sixth form? If yes, this will be your back up.
wait what are your predicteds?
Original post by Sumikko
Wait until you hear from all of them. Keep working and focus on your grades - there may be spare places on results day.
Reply 9
Original post by Maariya02
If they put you on the waiting list, it usually means that your 50/50 chance of getting in and not. But they usually wait until after GCSES I think. And then contact you about your place cause that’s what happened with me
Ohh I see thanks !
Reply 10
Original post by Jakson123
They will probably have accepted lots of people that won't end up going there so lots of spaces will probably open up once results are in.
I heard That there is only 300 place for year 12 but they gave out around 450 offers so I guess the chances are little?
Reply 11
Original post by unicornbabe246
If you are on waiting list, there is a chance - I know people who get in to their sixth form from waiting list.
Also can you stay in your current school for sixth form? If yes, this will be your back up.
there is sixth form in my current school but it is not really a good school like the teachers are kind of bad. That’s why I am so upset about no school giving me offer
Reply 12
Original post by megan_xay
wait what are your predicteds?
Predicted:
Eng lang 7
Eng lit 6
Maths 9
Biology 9
Chemistry 9
Physics 9
Computer Science 9
Business 7
Re 7
Geography 7

Achieved:
Further maths 9
Chinese(Cantonese) 9
Reply 13
Original post by Muttley79
Wait until you hear from all of them. Keep working and focus on your grades - there may be spare places on results day.
Sure thank you !😊
Original post by Sumikko
focus on your gcse's, whats the point on worrying about sixth forms if your gcse's are are "bad". i quote as it as I assume you want the est ( all 9s).

many these sixth forms you mention probably get students predicted all 9s. your not bad, its just there is a lot of competition.

do not feel miserable, a good sixth form doesn't mean much. mocks don't mean anything as its about what you know, how you are able to apply it, in the exam. what does mean a lot is the a level grades. anyone can do well in a levels regardless of the sixth form, sure many sixth forms achieve a lot better results for uni nationally, but you can also a do a lot by yourself. what I'm trying to say is that lets say you want to go oxford haveing all 9s, is better than haveing 8s and 7s because a drop in performance ( while attending a top sixth form). so rather than cry over spilled milk, get those gcse results and develop yourself for your career.
Original post by Sumikko
Predicted:
Eng lang 7
Eng lit 6
Maths 9
Biology 9
Chemistry 9
Physics 9
Computer Science 9
Business 7
Re 7
Geography 7
Achieved:
Further maths 9
Chinese(Cantonese) 9
wtf those are good? maybe it's the 6 in lit i reckon- i got into a grammar with 99888877 (actual grades) with 9s in maths + lit only, lol i ended up going to my skls sixth form which is 5 minutes away but u should get in at least 1?
Original post by Sumikko
Bro these GCSEs won’t even matter when you start A levels. Regarding sixth form you can succeed anywhere if you yourself put the effort in. Most sixth form just have high results due to their strict entry requirements anyways.
Original post by Amigosto
Bro these GCSEs won’t even matter when you start A levels. Regarding sixth form you can succeed anywhere if you yourself put the effort in. Most sixth form just have high results due to their strict entry requirements anyways.
i mean they do for some courses, and some top unis.
Reply 18
Original post by jacksmith23
focus on your gcse's, whats the point on worrying about sixth forms if your gcse's are are "bad". i quote as it as I assume you want the est ( all 9s).
many these sixth forms you mention probably get students predicted all 9s. your not bad, its just there is a lot of competition.
do not feel miserable, a good sixth form doesn't mean much. mocks don't mean anything as its about what you know, how you are able to apply it, in the exam. what does mean a lot is the a level grades. anyone can do well in a levels regardless of the sixth form, sure many sixth forms achieve a lot better results for uni nationally, but you can also a do a lot by yourself. what I'm trying to say is that lets say you want to go oxford haveing all 9s, is better than haveing 8s and 7s because a drop in performance ( while attending a top sixth form). so rather than cry over spilled milk, get those gcse results and develop yourself for your career.
I was trying to move on and revised for the whole day. Hoping my grades will improve. Thanks for your suggestions!!
Reply 19
Original post by megan_xay
wtf those are good? maybe it's the 6 in lit i reckon- i got into a grammar with 99888877 (actual grades) with 9s in maths + lit only, lol i ended up going to my skls sixth form which is 5 minutes away but u should get in at least 1?
I am trying to improve my English as I moved to UK in year 9 so my English is not that great. My current school is 35 minutes away from my house, so there isn’t really a point to stay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending