The Student Room Group

Stanislavski's theories

Hi all,
I'd very much appreciate it if someone could explain Stanislavski's theories in simple terms.

Thanks, Alice.
Original post by Ali-1234
Hi all,
I'd very much appreciate it if someone could explain Stanislavski's theories in simple terms.

Thanks, Alice.

Stanislavski was all about fully inhibiting a character - not only getting into character when on stage, but also knowing the life behind the character in order to become the character more authentically. And obviously when you're on stage you should be thinking and acting as the character would be, you should know the motivations of the character etc etc. I hope that's enough to help?
Reply 2
Would you say that it's to give as realistic performance as possible? Which causes the audience to immerse themselves within the fiction, becoming emotionally involved with the characters as if they're real people?

Thank you, that 's very helpful!
Original post by Ali-1234
Would you say that it's to give as realistic performance as possible? Which causes the audience to immerse themselves within the fiction, becoming emotionally involved with the characters as if they're real people?

Thank you, that 's very helpful!

Yes, he was all about the realism so that would be a good explanation of what he was trying to do.
Reply 4
Brilliant-thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending