The Student Room Group

Somebody help!! EPQ on Analytic number theory!!

I already posted this in the a level section but it got no response!! Probably because not a lot of a level students know about number theory. So now I am posting it in the "Uni courses" mathematics topic. Anyway, here is what I wrote; I am certain that I want to do my EPQ on analytic number theory. But I am not sure what exactly will interest the examiners. I am thinking maybe "The use of Analysis in Number Theory" or "Analytic vs Algebraic methods in Number Theory". Any suggestions? Please help.
Reply 1
Also any recommended books to read for research please. I have a few of the best books at home, e.g. tom.m.apostol "Introduction to analytic number theory",, m.ram.murty "Problems in analytic number theory", S.U.M.S "Elementary number theory" 104 number theory problems (this one is mainly competition based), "Introduction to number theory" from the UKMT series (obviously also competition based), and "the higher arithmetic" by H davenport. Please don't ignore. Someone with a good background knowledge in maths please reply!
Reply 2
hey i know this was posted like 6 years ago but i am also doing my epq on number theory and i was wondering if you had any tips for me?
Reply 3
Original post by aryxn0
hey i know this was posted like 6 years ago but i am also doing my epq on number theory and i was wondering if you had any tips for me?
The appropriate forum for this is https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38 (Maths forum) - i suggest you repost your request in a new thread there.

There are posters there who will know enough to help but a little more info about what area / problems you're wanting to look at would be helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest