The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE masters after Durham?

I’m doing philosophy and theology at Durham, and am considering post grad opportunities:
Would I be able to do the political theory masters at the LSE?
I’ve checked the course and it says Upper second class honours degree (2:1) or equivalent in any discipline with a considered interest in the relevant areas covered by the MSc.”

I intend to write to admissions to ask formally, but just wanted to check here beforehand…
Also, if I were to do this masters: would I be as/more/less qualified in politics, than someone with a politics degree?
Reply 1
Original post by Herhehebvehgeh
I’m doing philosophy and theology at Durham, and am considering post grad opportunities:
I’ve checked the course and it says Upper second class honours degree (2:1) or equivalent in any discipline with a considered interest in the relevant areas covered by the MSc.”

I intend to write to admissions to ask formally, but just wanted to check here beforehand…
Also, if I were to do this masters: would I be as/more/less qualified in politics, than someone with a politics degree?

I can't answer specifically for the political theory masters, but from my experience (MSc Political Economy), master students at LSE have very different educational backgrounds. The majority of my classmates studied politics or economics, but others have degrees in law, international relations, sociology, history or geography.

The most important thing is to work on your personal statement to explain why you are applying to a political theory master after a degree in theology.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE has a 'stellar' reputation and will undoubtedly open doors for you internationally, otherwise you could apply to Durham or even Oxford. 😉
Original post by thegeek888
LSE has a 'stellar' reputation and will undoubtedly open doors for you internationally, otherwise you could apply to Durham or even Oxford. 😉

Excellent: so, should I be able to get into the course- id be well thought of in this field?
Excellent: so, should I be able to get into the course- id be well thought of in this field?

Absolutely so!!! 😉
Absolutely so!!! 😉

Excellent
Do you think I’d even be able to get onto the course with my degree (philosophy and theology)
Excellent
Do you think I’d even be able to get onto the course with my degree (philosophy and theology)

E-Mail the admissions tutor(s) 🙂
(edited 5 months ago)
E-Mail the admissions tutor(s) 🙂

What should I say?
Reply 8
Hey!
I’m also applying for the political theory course at LSE for the 24 September intake.
Im completing my undergraduate in Law, and face a similar situation as yours. I think what helps most is being able to justify our interest in political theory, and maybe also how our undergrad studies played a role in our shift in focus. Also demonstrating our keen interest in political theory by discussing in depth some topics of interest helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending