The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Question for students about on site doctors

Hi! I recently went to the York open day, and I really loved everything I saw.

I have Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome (violent vomiting for a few days at a time), and while it only strikes 3 or 4 times a year, I often need to go to A&E to be administered medication and put on a drip.

I'm presuming the doctors on site are more like GP surgeries than urgent care units (please correct me if I'm wrong!), so I was curious how many hospitals are nearby and are they any 'easy' means of getting there (...besides an ambulance :tongue:)?

I know it's not too uncommon an illness, so if anyone else at York has it and are living away from home like I will be, any advice would be massively appreciated!

Thanks for any help. :smile:
Original post by Creditive
Hi! I recently went to the York open day, and I really loved everything I saw.

I have Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome (violent vomiting for a few days at a time), and while it only strikes 3 or 4 times a year, I often need to go to A&E to be administered medication and put on a drip.

I'm presuming the doctors on site are more like GP surgeries than urgent care units (please correct me if I'm wrong!), so I was curious how many hospitals are nearby and are they any 'easy' means of getting there (...besides an ambulance :tongue:)?

I know it's not too uncommon an illness, so if anyone else at York has it and are living away from home like I will be, any advice would be massively appreciated!

Thanks for any help. :smile:

Hello,

Your best bet might be to contact our on site health centre and speak to them:
http://www.unityhealth.info/about-us/our-surgeries/york-campus/

They will have a better understanding of the resources they can offer.

Mark
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending