The Student Room Group

AS Chem EMPA

So i'm retaking my AS empa, and i've heard a lot of people say that this year the grade boundaries are going to be really dodgy since only a handful of people are retaking and aqa is going to find a way to screw us over with the empas?!?
i have absolutely no idea how to revise for my empa, any ideas?
hey

im retaking mine too this year and have been told by my teacher its going to be a titration and observation tasks-same like last year then basically and im going to "hopefully" do some past paper questions....

whens ur practical and written btw?
Reply 2
Original post by chocolatexo
hey

im retaking mine too this year and have been told by my teacher its going to be a titration and observation tasks-same like last year then basically and im going to "hopefully" do some past paper questions....

whens ur practical and written btw?

My practicals tomorrow and I'm freaking out! My teacher has not helped us at alllllllll :angry::angry:
are you sure its just like last years one? I've heard it may be calorimetry and enthalpy? Are you doing an ISA or EMPA
Reply 3
Nothing to worry about with the practical so don't stress

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _leenz
My practicals tomorrow and I'm freaking out! My teacher has not helped us at alllllllll :angry::angry:
are you sure its just like last years one? I've heard it may be calorimetry and enthalpy? Are you doing an ISA or EMPA

seriously dont worry!!!! as long as you do exactly what the instructions say u will be FINE

and i think so- i wasnt really listening when she was talking about it tbh so u could be right

and im doing the EMPA (CHEM3X)
Reply 5
Yeh I'm doing the same one. I just hope I write down my observations down correctly.
When's your practical and written?
Original post by _leenz
Yeh I'm doing the same one. I just hope I write down my observations down correctly.
When's your practical and written?

my practical is on tuesday and my written is on 5th may :frown:

whens urs???
If everyone who is retaking did badly last year, then surely grade boundaries would be lower since we're all bad at it?
Reply 8
My writtens 5th may as welll

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I have finally done my AS and A2 Chemistry EMPAs:smile:, Still got AS and A2 Physics and AS and A2 Biology to go! :biggrin::s-smilie::wink:
Reply 10
Original post by _leenz
My writtens 5th may as welll

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this the AS chemistry? I 've done my AS and A2 chemistry too, are you doing any others? I am doing all six EMPAs!

Quick Reply

Latest