The Student Room Group

A-level choices

Hii, I wanna choose Maths, Economics, Chemistry or Psychology for a-levels. I'm not sure what to choose between chem and psychology. Anyone here who does both??? Which one is a better option?? I wanna go into finance and i just wanna choose the third subject as a backup but im not sure which one T_T plss give me some advicee
If you are interested in economics...the you should choose pshycology.economists need to understand the social pshycology...i dont know which subject would help you to get better grades...but i think if anyone is interested in economics then he/she needs to understand tsome pshycological facts...that's just my opinion..
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Head12
If you are interested in economics...the you should choose pshycology.economists need to understand the social pshycology...i dont know which subject would help you to get better grades...but i think if anyone is interested in economics then he/she needs to understand tsome pshycological facts...that's just my opinion..

i wanna do accounting at uni so that's why i need to choose maths and econ at a-level. i have an interest in chem and psychology but im afraid that psychology may be too content heavy but chem might be too hard. im so confused 😭
Original post by koostayss7

i wanna do accounting at uni so that's why i need to choose maths and econ at a-level. i have an interest in chem and psychology but im afraid that psychology may be too content heavy but chem might be too hard. im so confused 😭

I’m in year 13 and i do Alevel chemistry and i don’t think it’s as hard as people say. It all really depends on whether you enjoy it or not. If you enjoy you you’ll be just fine :smile: it’s really not as bad as people say, but of course it is different for people.
If your good at maths then that skill will help you with chemistry a lot too, because chemistry is very maths heavy.
In the end it’s up to you, if you enjoy chemistry then i’m positive you won’t find it that difficult :smile:
I don’t do psychology so i can’t speak on that, but i do have friends who do psychology and they find it really difficult. But like i said it’s different for each person.
@nora.aa169 i agree with her....chem is not hard..but if you dont like it you would be in trouble..i liked physical chemistry and organic chemistry....so i had good command on this subject...but i hated inorganic ..so i was not able to answer any question...when for some of friends inorganic chem was very easy..because they loved it...
Hii, I wanna choose Maths, Economics, Chemistry or Psychology for a-levels. I'm not sure what to choose between chem and psychology. Anyone here who does both??? Which one is a better option?? I wanna go into finance and i just wanna choose the third subject as a backup but im not sure which one T_T plss give me some advicee

As you're interested in Finance, then Maths, Further Maths and Economics would be the best choice or Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Chemistry. Chemistry is roughly 25% calculations, so not difficult. 🙂

Hi i do both psych and chem I feel like psychology or chem would be great choices with psychology its just knowing how to apply the content i wouldnt say its too hard to do however chem is mostly doing practice questions chem is quite maths based so it may fit in nicely

do you like essay subjects more or mathematical subjects
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest