The Student Room Group

AQA AS Maths Predictions?

I'm pretty confident with Core 1 but I'm really dreading Core 2. I've done a few past papers for them (near full marks on Core 1) but there's always one question that makes me go 'WTF??' on Core 2. What are your predictions (for S1 as well) and what stuff do you think I need to focus on mainly based on previous years? I'm aiming for 100 UMS for all of them but tbh I'd be happy with 80-90 for Core 2.
Reply 1
I'm aiming for 100 UMS for all of them as well. As for C2, the topic I need to revise most is logarithms as a really tough logs question might come up like it did last year.
Original post by AmarRPM
I'm aiming for 100 UMS for all of them as well. As for C2, the topic I need to revise most is logarithms as a really tough logs question might come up like it did last year.

I didn't mind last year's log question or paper in general but 2012 is killer. Pretty sure I would've come out with a B at most if I'd done that one. The area I need to improve most is Trig.
what would you suggest spending more time revising on? I know to revise everything obviously but what type of questions haven't come up in the last few years?

Quick Reply

Latest