The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_
Hi see my above post. ^

I can help you with Edexcel IGCSE Maths and we can work together.

thank you :smile: x
Original post by sonia_bhayani
thank you :smile: x

No problem please join the study chat!
do you have any idea what is going to come?
any tips on what to study?

I think its hard to predict what will come up for accounting if I am honest. Just try to revise everything and the stuff you know just read over. I think there may be control a/c's but nobody can be sure. For me I am writing out templates of how each a/c looks like and little definitions or theory stuff on the same page. Go through some pass papers to give you a feel and then check the answers to see if you would have got the same and if you did, then move onto something else. Hope this helps and good luck for the exam. Don't stress just accept what is on the paper and try your best!
Original post by Milena1810
Which things aren't covered in the spec? I am finding it ok. Freaking out about limited companies but the rest i know pretty well. I know all the formulas but haven't bothered learning about the computerised systems only the adv and disad of them. Yeah, the paper for January was a lot easier and so many Q's were just ticking boxes and only 40 marks were for doing the a/c's. what are your main specialties at accounting? Only 5 days aaaaahhhhh Btw, which country are you taking the exam in? The UK? Are you doing other edexcel IGCSE's

hmmm lets see.....
1.2 d)journal entry for unusual losses
3.13 )show changes in the proprietor’s capital as the result of the revaluation of fixed assets

ya tht's it others ive tried to do it by myself
Which things aren't covered in the spec? I am finding it ok. Freaking out about limited companies but the rest i know pretty well. I know all the formulas but haven't bothered learning about the computerised systems only the adv and disad of them. Yeah, the paper for January was a lot easier and so many Q's were just ticking boxes and only 40 marks were for doing the a/c's. what are your main specialties at accounting? Only 5 days aaaaahhhhh Btw, which country are you taking the exam in? The UK? Are you doing other edexcel IGCSE's

eh no im not in the uk....honestly everything is fine except incomplete recrds i hate tht topic sooo much............ikrrr only a few days left

www.igcseaccounts.com go to this website....ull find notes abt limited companies....its easy wat are u facing difficulty in tht chapter?
I think its hard to predict what will come up for accounting if I am honest. Just try to revise everything and the stuff you know just read over. I think there may be control a/c's but nobody can be sure. For me I am writing out templates of how each a/c looks like and little definitions or theory stuff on the same page. Go through some pass papers to give you a feel and then check the answers to see if you would have got the same and if you did, then move onto something else. Hope this helps and good luck for the exam. Don't stress just accept what is on the paper and try your best!

AGREED......just go through the whole specification literally and do all the topics in the book

i shall do that! thanks x
i shall do that! thanks x

How did you find the exam? What did you get for the trial balance? I couldn't work out the sales at all
How did you find the exam? What did you get for the trial balance? I couldn't work out the sales at all

Omg tht question was messed up.....i tried but i gt i think 1,200,000 fr sales ...dnt ask i knw its too much
overall it was easy
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iHeartNovels_<3
Omg tht question was messed up.....i tried but i gt i think 1,200,000...dnt ask i knw its too much
overall it was easy

For the first Q did you deduct the trade discount from the list price, i did ? :frown: Also did you add up each column for the control a/c?

i think i got 49 thousand and something.. lol
the dividends question was messed uppp
my balance sheet wasnt just balancing!
For the first Q did you deduct the trade discount from the list price, i did ? :frown: Also did you add up each column for the control a/c?

yeah i added up each one for the control account..
i deducted the 25% trade discount from each off them!
i think i got 49 thousand and something.. lol
the dividends question was messed uppp
my balance sheet wasnt just balancing!

Ooh don't worry. my balance sheet balanced. Where did you put each element of the trial balance? Also, what figure did you get for the trial balance?
Ooh don't worry. my balance sheet balanced. Where did you put each element of the trial balance? Also, what figure did you get for the trial balance?

ya even my balance sheet was balancing!!! everyone else was like 30 000 still missing but later found out proposed dividend was missing
i think you were supposed to deduct discount from all of the sales and returns....it was clearly written in the question tht he gives all of his customers 25% discount

also am i the only who thought that the space provided was less?
(edited 7 years ago)

yes you add up those columns

the gross profit was on the credit side
capital was on the credit side
the rest was like the normal accounting
like bank- debit
cash- debit
creditors- credit
debtors- debit and all that..
actually the figure i got for the trial balance was 49 thousand and something..not the balance sheet
i dont actually remember what i got for the balance sheet:frown:
Sounds like we got the same then. Did you add the selling expenses to the indirect/factory overheads section in the manufacturing a/c or not. ??
Original post by iHeartNovels_<3
ya even my balance sheet was balancing!!! everyone else was like 30 000 still missing but later found out proposed dividend was missing
i think you were supposed to deduct discount from all of the sales and returns....it was clearly written in the question tht he gives all of his customers 25% discount

also am i the only who thought that the space provided was less?

the space provided was enough apart from the balance sheet section otherwise it was fine :smile:
the space provided was enough apart from the balance sheet section otherwise it was fine :smile:

i was running out of space in like tht last part q12 and balance sheet.......any predictions fr boundaries??
Sounds like we got the same then. Did you add the selling expenses to the indirect/factory overheads section in the manufacturing a/c or not. ??

the selling expenses? no! because thats not meant to be there init?
it was meant to be the 60% of the three expenses rent insurance and the other one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending