The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

OMG sports is my favourite essay to do!!! Hopefully its not extreme sports though, then i am screwed😂😂

Original post by joodaa
My teacher says sports is likely since it's only come up once before
Sorry to be nosey but what grade did you get? that is true, a spanish boy does it in my class and he gets near enough full marks every time, he is an absolute genius though, he is doing maths, further maths and physics and chemistry all in a foreign language!! I think he's going to Cambridge

Original post by eleanor27
I know I won't get a higher mark this year though as well last year was a fluke ahahaha...
Yeah agreed! Probably as so many native speakers do it.... :/
Original post by Roadmanhan
Sorry to be nosey but what grade did you get? that is true, a spanish boy does it in my class and he gets near enough full marks every time, he is an absolute genius though, he is doing maths, further maths and physics and chemistry all in a foreign language!! I think he's going to Cambridge

I got an A (90%) and wowza he sounds amazing! :O
Reply 23
are you guys going into the exam with memorised phrases that you're planning to use for the writing?
Original post by joodaa
are you guys going into the exam with memorised phrases that you're planning to use for the writing?

last year I memorised generic intro phrases/paragraph leaders etc but not like specific sentences for each topic- I just made mind maps with general ideas and learnt those
YOU GOT AN A😱😱😱😱thats amazing!! Im sorry but why in the world do you want to retake😂😂😂if i got an A i think i would faint

I got an A (90%) and wowza he sounds amazing! :O
I am trying to memorise good essay phrases so my content mark isnt awful :smile: its so hard though, is there some essays you are just not bothering to learn??

last year I memorised generic intro phrases/paragraph leaders etc but not like specific sentences for each topic- I just made mind maps with general ideas and learnt those
Reply 27

Ahh okay I'll try that then :smile: Do you remember how long you spent on the writing section? I've had a look at some of the exemplar essays from 2014 and I have no idea how they managed to write sooo much
YOU GOT AN A😱😱😱😱thats amazing!! Im sorry but why in the world do you want to retake😂😂😂if i got an A i think i would faint

it's my school's policy you retake in year 13 unless you got 100% in year 12....
I am trying to memorise good essay phrases so my content mark isnt awful :smile: its so hard though, is there some essays you are just not bothering to learn??

I'm not really planning on revising tbh.... I could dig out some of my AS essays for you if you want? I think the lowest mark I got on one was 30/35....
Original post by joodaa
Ahh okay I'll try that then :smile: Do you remember how long you spent on the writing section? I've had a look at some of the exemplar essays from 2014 and I have no idea how they managed to write sooo much

I think I just spent the allocated time (is it 1 hour...?) doing the planning and writing in total :smile:
it's my school's policy you retake in year 13 unless you got 100% in year 12....

I'm not really planning on revising tbh.... I could dig out some of my AS essays for you if you want? I think the lowest mark I got on one was 30/35....

I'd love a look at a couple of your essays! I'm averaging 20 on mine so seeing where I could improve could be very beneficial to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anybody know any good sites that provide resources for listening and reading practice??
Reply 32
Original post by patek032
My teacher who has been absolutely amazing at predicting essays in the past thinks that something on Tourism will come up!

No creo que el turismo aparezca de nuevo este año porque este tema estaba en la prueba del año pasado.
Reply 33
Original post by joodaa
My teacher says sports is likely since it's only come up once before

Espero que el deporte esté en la prueba porque esto fue mi tema nominado :smile:
Reply 34
does anybody know any good sites that provide resources for listening and reading practice??

espanish.org.uk es un sitio web muy útil para practicar las habilidades de lectura.

Y diría que la mejor manera de practicar estas habilidades es a través de hacer las pruebas pasadas que puedes descargar desde www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/spanish-2695/past-papers-and-mark-schemes
Reply 35
Original post by imogenr
Espero que el deporte esté en la prueba porque esto fue mi tema nominado :smile:

Ahh my nominated topic was on music but i would hatee for that to come up as an essay
Thankyoh so much!!!

Original post by imogenr
espanish.org.uk es un sitio web muy útil para practicar las habilidades de lectura.

Y diría que la mejor manera de practicar estas habilidades es a través de hacer las pruebas pasadas que puedes descargar desde www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/spanish-2695/past-papers-and-mark-schemes
Sí, practicar con exámenes de años anteriores es una idea brillante. Sin embargo, en la página web de AQA solo puedes encontrar exámenes hasta el año 2013. En myspanishexam.com/resources hay exámenes de los años 2012, 2010 y 2009.

Original post by imogenr

Please could someone give me some points to write about for an essay on the effects of alcohol/smoking on health or opinions on drinking alcohol/smoking? I need 5 points to write about, thank you!
Original post by student.1997
Please could someone give me some points to write about for an essay on the effects of alcohol/smoking on health or opinions on drinking alcohol/smoking? I need 5 points to write about, thank you!

Is this your prediction of a topic that may come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending