The Student Room Group

Desi People. What shampoo do you use?

I have been using Dabur Amla, however when I wash it off with shampoo when I take the shower, I feel like the effectiveness of the oil is eradicated, as the shampoos contain ingredients like sulfate which extracts natural oil from the hair.

What sulfate free shampoo do you advise me to get, that does not eradicate the softness that the oil provides

Scroll to see replies

Alberto Balsam or Aussi shampoo
Whatever's closest.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Alberto Balsam or Aussi shampoo

Both contain sulfate :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was using Head&Shoulders but my barber said that it's the worst one you can buy ao I just went out and bought this one called "Alberto Balsam"... Without coconut and Lychee... :P
But back home I was using Ayush... It was available through Hindustan Lever network... Woukd love to get it here if it was available... It was a great one... Promoted hair density and thickness...
Original post by s0vvy_blu3s
Was using Head&Shoulders but my barber said that it's the worst one you can buy ao I just went out and bought this one called "Alberto Balsam"... Without coconut and Lychee... :P

It contaij sulfate. Doesnt it leave your haie dry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by BannedAccount
I have been using Dabur Amla, however when I wash it off with shampoo when I take the shower, I feel like the effectiveness of the oil is eradicated, as the shampoos contain ingredients like sulfate which extracts natural oil from the hair.

What sulfate free shampoo do you advise me to get, that does not eradicate the softness that the oil provides

Is that you AG?
Original post by BristolFresher15
Whatever's closest.

Same, whatever my mum buys :redface:
Herbal Essences usually.... but my hair gets greasy so quickly no matter what shampoo i use! Is this a desi thing or is it just me lol :s-smilie:
I change regularly because of my obnoxious hair. :tongue: Right now, I'm experimenting with a fairly gentle clarifying shampoo by Redken that seems to have eliminated the need for frequent conditioning.

Not sure if it contains sulphate(s) or not. :tongue:
It contaij sulfate. Doesnt it leave your haie dry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes on H&S... That's why I wanted to change... Not sure about Alberto Balsam... Like I said back home I was using Ayush... Now trying
Original post by stressed16
Herbal Essences usually.... but my hair gets greasy so quickly no matter what shampoo i use! Is this a desi thing or is it just me lol :s-smilie:

I dont mind greasy. My hair is too dry. I need oil..but my shampoo make my hair too dry

Posted from TSR Mobile
head n shoulders
only shampoo tht dont make my head itchy..

nd tht tresemme omdss i would be scratching my head in the shower when using tht..
I dont mind greasy. My hair is too dry. I need oil..but my shampoo make my hair too dry

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah, there's more oil in my hair than in a desi's kitchen lol... it's not fun. :tongue:
Use yoghurt. It's seriously the best thing for your hair and your hair is soft afterwards as well and prevents oily greasy hair as well lol
I am a South Indian... We have this traditional oil bath... Heat some sesame oil and one or two crushed pepper... Allow it to cool down... Apply it to your hair and wash it off after an hour... Your hair will not be dry even if you use Shampoo containing Sulphate...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Use yoghurt. It's seriously the best thing for your hair and your hair is soft afterwards as well and prevents oily greasy hair as well lol

yoghurt? how ! what!?
Original post by stressed16
yoghurt? how ! what!?

Just leave it on your hair 30 minutes before you go into the shower and simply rinse off :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest