The Student Room Group

masturbating dry

So I've always masturbated with lubricant, usually moisturizer or shampoo. It has been convenient and worked for me so I never really bothered to explored dry. Apparently masturbating dry is much more common though from what I hear, but I don't really understand because it seems a lot harder to me. Without anything there seems to be too much friction and I start to chafe and the feelings aren't nearly as intense as with lube. It's a little frustrating when my girlfriend gives me a hj and I can't finish. So, am I missing something? Any advice or keys? Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Stay away from dry masturbation, its NOT good for the penis. The same goes with handjobs.
Reply 2
Dry masturbating isnt really what you do...
As you found out it chafes and will only make your penis sore, stick to lubricants.
himynameiswhaa
Stay away from dry masturbation, its NOT good for the penis. The same goes with handjobs.

really? ive always done it dry.

Ive heard that masturbating with lube can desensitise u when it comes to the real thing

and getting shampoo down the eye... ouch stinger right there
Why not use lube with your girlfriend then?

Lube makes everything awesome.
Ive been masturbating for years now... and ive never used lube!
how does your dick chafe when *******....
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
how does your dick chafe when *******....

because you do it wrong and instead of moving with the skin of the shaft you actually try and rub the skin, possibly due to circumcision which makes the skin very tight when erect
Reply 8
ive done it for years and never used lube, dont no wat the fuss it all about no difference, u still masturbate non the less
Reply 9
tapcon
So I've always masturbated with lubricant, usually moisturizer or shampoo. It has been convenient and worked for me so I never really bothered to explored dry. Apparently masturbating dry is much more common though from what I hear, but I don't really understand because it seems a lot harder to me. Without anything there seems to be too much friction and I start to chafe and the feelings aren't nearly as intense as with lube. It's a little frustrating when my girlfriend gives me a hj and I can't finish. So, am I missing something? Any advice or keys? Thanks.

A foreskin?
Reply 10
You get precum after a while which is a pretty awesome lubricant.
Reply 11
Odlinski
A foreskin?

hahaha :rofl:

OP are you circumcised? Lube is generally needed if you are.
Reply 12
I masturbate dry and I'm circumcised, never found a problem.
Reply 13
Odlinski
A foreskin?

Hmm, good call.

squeak
hahaha :rofl:

OP are you circumcised? Lube is generally needed if you are.

Yeah, I guess some can manage without but not all.
whiplash
You get precum after a while which is a pretty awesome lubricant.

This.

Save the lube for sex to increase the pleasure.

**Never try toothpaste as lube.. It's hilarious thinking back now, but holy crap is it painful lol..
im baffled by the amount of people that use lube to masterbate and say that dry masturbation chafes.... I have always dry masterbated, i have tried lube a couple of times though. If you dry masterbate, you hold onto the penis and move the skin up and down, this doesn't cause chafing because there is no friction between your hand and the skin. Your skin is designed to do this during sex. If using lube, you obviously have a looser grip and simulate the motion during sex by sliding your hand up and down the penis. For those of you that have never dry masterbated by holding onto your penis, try it. It's much easier and i find that i climax a lot quicker and it generally feels nicer too. Lube is messy and doesn't feel that good i think.
Reply 16
dry masturbating is bad? wtf?

im getting some shampoo
Reply 17
RichyFrench
This.

**Never try toothpaste as lube.. It's hilarious thinking back now, but holy crap is it painful lol..

i actually giggled out loud at that... :p: i know exactly what you mean, minty fresh in the wrong place...
i have been ******* for so long and i have never used lube and i love handjobs why **** when your girlfriend can do that for you i also have a foreskin which i think is what makes it easier for me to dry **** okay got to go and **** now
I am circumcised and do both dry and wet. Wet is when I do it in the classic way with lube or shampoo/conditioner. But the dry way for me differs. I either rub my penis against the pillow or use my hands but there's not rubbing but instead I tickle the main points which may differ for everyone (mine is just adjacent to the foreskin and the end towards the base) and also many a times I do it in classic way but don't really do it like really fast when dry. Rather i just gently make the movement feeling my hands over it at every point.

Quick Reply

Latest