The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oana Petras
Think you had to tick second to last

Legal recreational drugs was ghe answer and that was the last box
Original post by HonourableDorito
Yes, perfect.
In the question it specified animal, so yes. For the second part you could have put dissolved oxygen metre as a non - living indicator, given that you'd just given a living one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put lichens . is it right?
Original post by pheebsdancer
I wrote invertebrates and polluted water so hopefully

whoops !!! i put worms indicates that the water is very polluted. :frown:
the grade boundaries will be high, the country want less people to get a*s.... so most of the country will get like b's and c's.... it is so unfair we unprepared and have crAp teachers........................ but yeah it will probably be like 50/60 for an a*, similar to last year, it might change by a mark or two, if aqa feels generous which is very unlikely ....
Anyone know the grade bounderies
i wrote mayfly instead of mayfly larvae do i lose a mark
For the last question I just wrote non living indicators is that right
Original post by thecomputernerd
what did people put for the malaria question about sentence 1 not being true in the article

All food chains start with producers (plants) but the article said it started with mayfly larvae
Original post by wmartina
i wrote mayfly instead of mayfly larvae do i lose a mark

I don't think so unless the examiner is harsh
Reply 609
Original post by FaithKG
It didnt say anything about sf so i dont think it matters

If it doesn't mention it then just use whatever significant figures it uses in the question.
I looked at the mark scheme and it says i got like 37 so i probably got a high b or a very low A unless i managed to lose or gain marks idk it was so hard if i dont get 5 gcses my mum is sending me to somalia
Didn't even have time to think because I was rushing through the questions because there was so much text to read
Also I doubt calcium will be a marking point for the 6 marker because it mentioned mineral ions in the question
Original post by missfashion_1234
Smoking and Alcohol

1 a) legal, recreational drug
b) The nicotine in the cigarette makes it harder for the smoker to stop smoking as it is addictive.
c) An independent company is a company that is private and does not work along side of the government.

loads of people are saying that nicotine is addictive won't give you a mark, and we had to say withdrawal symptoms and dependency, oh well i think we should get a mark for saying nicotine is addictive, because its true?
Original post by Haashym
15%

I got 0.6 cause it was 2x10(6) over 3x10(8) which is 1 over 150
Hopefully B2 & B3 is much more easier. As normally they give one harder type exam, then the other tends to be slightly more straightforward. Dont forget it is still possible to get the A* even if you get a B in this exam. Its 25% so as long you did well in your CA & do well in B2&3 then you should be fine
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
i put lichens . is it right?

I dont think so, unless I miss read the question. Lichen is a plant not an animal. Over 90% over the people I talked to wrote lichen aswell, so don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many questions were there as a whole?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I made obvious blunders! Like on the, 'name another indicator other than the one you just answered' I wrote something like 'quadrat test for water' :frown: Pretty sure I only got 50 :angry:

"Only" 50?! I probably only managed 25 or 26! Plus I think 50 will be an A/A* because 2015's grade boundaries was 47 for an A* and 2014 was 44 for an A*. Don't worry, you did better than me lol
Original post by thecomputernerd
loads of people are saying that nicotine is addictive won't give you a mark, and we had to say withdrawal symptoms and dependency, oh well i think we should get a mark for saying nicotine is addictive, because its true?

the independent one i think you can have a company which is not affiliated with the original drug company so bias is avoided

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending