The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
Me too, would we get 1 mark as we just divided it the wrong way round?

You didn't divide it the wrong way round you were right
For the question about the temperature sensor compared to the thermometer i said that the temperature sensor automatically recorded temperatures at specific/certain times, would i get the marks??
I got 60% haha I did awful. I also put mayfly larvae as they're sensitive to dissolved oxygen and then the last question i put dissolved oxygen metres.
The horse one was ridiculous!! And the mosquitoes I had no clue.
Hoping for an A so I'm praying the grade boundaries are low as everyone found it hard.
Second last question:
Lichens - Used to detect changes in air pollution / sulfur dioxide levels
Could you say that the temperature sensor gave more rapid results?
Original post by bencarver1999
For the question about the temperature sensor compared to the thermometer i said that the temperature sensor automatically recorded temperatures at specific/certain times, would i get the marks??

I think so, I put about a better resolution so it's more reliable but I'm not sure?
I think I got 48 as a minimum provided all the answers given are correct and the examiner is a super harsh maker
Original post by bencarver1999
same here i put automatically due to data logger
Original post by habeeb_00
I got 0.666 whoops for the malaria one

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got the same answer
Do you think the grade boundaries will be low?

and I said invertebrates to detect water pollution? lol
I said that the independent company meant it wasn't affiliated with other scientists or companies, do you think that could get the marks?
Am I the only one that thought it was okay?!
Original post by SugarBubbles2000
Second last question:

I put that as well, but apparently the question specified about a living indicator that was an animal - meaning bloodworms or another living animal indicator...
Can you say no correlation between axes for the scatter graph question?
Original post by charliej2802
Anyone else get 0.67%???

Yep
Original post by Ahmed74
I swear that's right?

I'm sure it is right. You should have done the amount killed over infected (or something like that) as a fraction times by 100 for percentage. The answer is 0.6 recurring
Original post by SugarBubbles2000
Second last question:

heyy, are you sure its Lichens? Apparently they asked for an animal..im not sure
Did anyone do well in the exam (according to the unofficial mark scheme)? I got 46 - and that's marking myself strictly... So A* I guess!
Original post by Paris-et-a-mol
I wrote for the last question mayfly larve and water pollution, what would be another way to find out the water pollution??

I wrote fish???
Original post by charliej2802
Yeah should be fine!

What about smell ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending