The Student Room Group

AQA Bio 1

Omg I feel so screwed over by that exam and there's like nothing that can be done?

That six marker was so annoying- the specification says, "Knowledge and understanding of the specific functions of nutrients and the effects of any deficiency in the diet is not required." and, "Carbohydrates, fats and proteins are used by the body to release energy and to build cells. Mineral ions and vitamins are needed in small amounts for healthy functioning of the body."

Like, what????
Original post by ajaxxay
Omg I feel so screwed over by that exam and there's like nothing that can be done?

That six marker was so annoying- the specification says, "Knowledge and understanding of the specific functions of nutrients and the effects of any deficiency in the diet is not required." and, "Carbohydrates, fats and proteins are used by the body to release energy and to build cells. Mineral ions and vitamins are needed in small amounts for healthy functioning of the body."

Like, what????

Really? I thought that was one of the easier questions on the paper tbh
Reply 2
Original post by katodizzle
Really? I thought that was one of the easier questions on the paper tbh

It was but the specification says we don't need to know it so I specifically didn't learn it, so I didn't know what to write.
The whole paper was a load of rubbish though honestly. I tried so hard in revision and I don't feel that I got to show my knowledge at all.
Original post by ajaxxay
It was but the specification says we don't need to know it so I specifically didn't learn it, so I didn't know what to write.
The whole paper was a load of rubbish though honestly. I tried so hard in revision and I don't feel that I got to show my knowledge at all.

Yeah I thought some of the stuff they asked was so dumb, like how tf am I gonna know about drunk rats and horse feet lol
Reply 4
Could anyone give me an estimate of what 43/60 would be as a grade? Cheers
A* / A
Original post by ib4

I can only give an estimate but IF AQA decide to be the A**holes they are, it will be an A. possibly +47/60 for an A*
Original post by ib4

I can only give an estimate but IF AQA decide to be the A**holes they are, it will be an A. possibly +47/60 for an A*
Original post by ib4
I think I got around the same, most probably an A.
Reply 9
What did people write for the 3 mark question about why the percentage of carbon dioxide increased in the flask and why it stopped? I wrote about the microorganisms (decomposers) respiring, the grass respiring and the fact the carbon dioxide couldn't be released due to the cotton wool therefore the concentration of carbon dioxide in the flask increased. Also, I wrote the carbon dioxide had stopped increasing because all of the grass in the flask had been decayed. I'm not saying it's right but it's just what I wrote, did anybody write the same or think I gone wrong anywhere?
Reply 10
Original post by JoshPar
What did people write for the 3 mark question about why the percentage of carbon dioxide increased in the flask and why it stopped? I wrote about the microorganisms (decomposers) respiring, the grass respiring and the fact the carbon dioxide couldn't be released due to the cotton wool therefore the concentration of carbon dioxide in the flask increased. Also, I wrote the carbon dioxide had stopped increasing because all of the grass in the flask had been decayed. I'm not saying it's right but it's just what I wrote, did anybody write the same or think I gone wrong anywhere?

The grass was dead though, wasn't it? So it couldn't respire.
Reply 11
Original post by ib4
The grass was dead though, wasn't it? So it couldn't respire.

Well what I was thinking was because it was 3 marks, and I only talked about 2 points, I had to include another point and that was the only one I could think of as it never said the grass was dead it just said it was being decayed but then again I think only decomposers decay dead plants not living ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending